(First Reef Tank Ever) **** 600gal Display **** 1300gal System

theappe3

Originally Posted by doglvr
Hahahahaha! I'll start packing. Much easier to move the 30g across the country, than the mini-ocean. Just think, we could teach the children to scuba and they could clean the tank

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!

trigger11

I agree with everyone else. There are just no words to describe what you have done with your set up. Thank you so much for sharing the journey with us. Sounds like a good time to put your cleanup crew in there.

bpaul1201

i would suggest for the cleanup crew to buy one of the mega reef packages!
saves money up front and then you can add more as you need them! also MUST HAVE EMPTY SHELLS FOR THE HERMITS they grow real fast other wise they'll kill your snails!

teen

idk if you got the skimmer tuned in already, but to answer the question you asked before, set the water level with the intakes, then fine tune the level of the bubbles with the air intake. it looks liek you already figured that out though in the pictures, but it'll need more adjusting as it breaks in.
looks like you did an awesome job with the plumbing. did you get any leaks when you filled it all with water?

bgrae001

OK, so I just stumbled on this thread. Dude your tank rocks.... I love watching people create such a masterpiece. I will definitely be watching your progress. Good Luck and keep the pictures coming.

rabbit_72

The hubby and I are in love with your tank
Wanna build one for us?? We look forward to your updates, then we drool!
What you are doing is awesome!

cbui2

Originally Posted by cjason3041
is that a homemade skimmer????
the only thing homemade is the nog coming out

cbui2

Originally Posted by trigger11
I agree with everyone else. There are just no words to describe what you have done with your set up. Thank you so much for sharing the journey with us. Sounds like a good time to put your cleanup crew in there.

some 50 astrea snails and algea benny was added. i will add more but still debating. thanks

cbui2

Originally Posted by teen
idk if you got the skimmer tuned in already, but to answer the question you asked before, set the water level with the intakes, then fine tune the level of the bubbles with the air intake. it looks liek you already figured that out though in the pictures, but it'll need more adjusting as it breaks in.
looks like you did an awesome job with the plumbing. did you get any leaks when you filled it all with water?
knock on wood, but no leaks. this entire plumbing was done a month ago and was all tested for any leak for 2 weeks before attemping to add sand and rocks. skimmer is doing fine but i will fine tuned in couple days. just need to build more slime into the plumbing for everything to move better. thanks

cbui2

Originally Posted by rabbit_72
The hubby and I are in love with your tank
Wanna build one for us?? We look forward to your updates, then we drool!
What you are doing is awesome!

anyone can do this setup, its just a matter of time what can be accomplished.
took me 3 months to get this far, thanks

cbui2

ok here are some more updates, reactor was plumb in and total of 3 1200g bucket phosban was used. and some more nog
:eek1:

P

pcollins

i used to do plumbing but ive never seen a setup like this on a home tank. im amazed! very nice

cbui2

Originally Posted by bpaul1201
did you get anything else for the cleanup crew?
here's the list of few clean-up crew
10 1” Blue Damsel
1 2” Blue-Velvet Damsel
1 2” Triple Stripe Damsel
30 Astrea Snail
1 Sailfin/Algae Blenny Goby
3 Emerald Crab
110 Mexican Snail
4 Lawnmower Blenny
will the small 1" damsel hurt my other fish when i add them in, or 2" damsel

cbui2

Originally Posted by pcollins
i used to do plumbing but ive never seen a setup like this on a home tank. im amazed! very nice

thanks, but i dont beleived this is residental tank anymore and gone commercial

cbui2

water clearing up real good and reactor is kicking in too. i have it dial in about 700gph just tumbling around the media and trying not to stir it up. i had to shut down my skimmer since there was nothing left to skim.:D except the water..:D also did some cleaning today and all i can say is the magnavore 10 is truly amazing piece. will be finishing up on the chiller this week, but i might just take a break for few days or not :eek1:
left side

right side

side

puffer32

You will love the deltec skimmer. I have one on my 150 and it keeps my water pristine, good choice and worth the expense. Love your project and cannot wait to see it completed