(First Reef Tank Ever) **** 600gal Display **** 1300gal System

rabbit_72

If our smaller tanks makes us real happy, I can only imagine what yours does for you!
Good luck and keep the pics coming! The hubby and I love your thread!

bpaul1201

i like how you hid all of the outlet flows behind the rock really good thinking
there! that rock does have some awesome character! and those damsels are they damsels in distress?

keep up the good work were sitting back watching and drooling into our buckets at our feets!

allterr

The rockwork looks so nice!! As does evreything else! Be proud of a job well done!!

I do have one question though......when you are done, (which i'm sure like the rest of us, you will never be) will you make the cameras public for all to see?

cbui2

ok here are some more updates, got a chance to finished the sump adding enclosed baffles for all the returns from skimmer and reactors. skimmer was also hooked up but not 100% sure if i tune it right. it says 800gph intake and tunning the air valve. anyone can give me some pointers on tunning the skimmer. do you start with air valve or intake? how much water, it called to have the water below the black neck and adjust it from there.
here are some pics, and excuse the mess.

karenm

So, which lottery did you win?
When I was growing up my aunt and uncle had a huge tank built into their wall. I always hoped for something like that. I can't wait to see pics when you're all finished!

hefner413

I still can't believe the plumbing. I know you said you read a TON, but I think I could research for the next year and still not know how to do the plumbing that you've done. Bravo.
ps - a pic of one of your kids beside that HUGE skimmer would be funny - like the one with your MH's.

cbui2

here are some more pic's, skimmer is working fine and will be fine tuning it some more. all four pumps is operational and air intake is at 2 o'clock now. i have also wired up 8 PFO moonlight which look awesome at night.

wangotango

Originally Posted by azfishgal

There are just no words.......................................................

agreed

-Justin

bpaul1201

Originally Posted by Hefner413
I still can't believe the plumbing. I know you said you read a TON, but I think I could research for the next year and still not know how to do the plumbing that you've done. Bravo.
ps - a pic of one of your kids beside that HUGE skimmer would be funny - like the one with your MH's.

same here the plumbing is out of this world i think seaworld needs to check it out! hows the central air for the fishies working? and what about the electric bill? keep up the good work! oh and if you think that is a mess i wonder what you consider dirty!

cbui2

thank guys, ok skimmer should be good for now until more adjustment is done. my reactor is coming in today so i will be setting this up asap since micron bags is not my friend right about now. any sugesstion on cleaners i can add to get rid of my brown alage, since this is common correct.
check all water parameters today
Temp: 78d F +/- 1.0
Salinity: 1.025
pH: low 8.10 high 8.3
NO3: undetectable
NO2: undetectable
NH4: undetectable
PO4: undetectable
Ca: 420ppm
Alk: 9 – 10 DKH
Mg: 1300ppm

about 5hrs. what a beast?

doglvr

Originally Posted by cjason3041
uhhh ok
Hahahahaha! I'll start packing. Much easier to move the 30g across the country, than the mini-ocean. Just think, we could teach the children to scuba and they could clean the tank