(First Reef Tank Ever) **** 600gal Display **** 1300gal System

bullitr

Originally Posted by cbui2
remind me of steve weast and his 850 gallon reef
his system plus LFS 800gal display sold me. i visit the LFS new year eve and i was hook from there on. someone once told me i didnt know what i was getting myself into, which also encourage me even more.
mr. steve weast just crashed his tank. read about it . maybe we learn something

thud

Originally Posted by bullitr
mr. steve weast just crashed his tank. read about it . maybe we learn something
say what? says who?

cbui2

thank you all for your kind comments, it happened to the best of us. doesnt matter how big or small the system is i have seen crashes, sump overflow, flooding and etc. just human error and i will tried my best to keep up with maintenence.
ok here are some more updates,
1000lbs live caribsea bahamas oolite was ordered last week and 500lbs live haitian rocks hand picked with same day shipping :D. i had my friend came by and help me aquascape since there were couple big pc's that was impossible to lift by myself 90lbs

their setup which is 15,000gal pool is totally awesome and had to take a few photos of course. i have never seen a massive-fractionator (210 gal skimmer) before in my life which also had self cleaning capabilities
simply amazing just speechless and a trip to remember
here are some pic's

lovecraft

Way cool project man....wish you the best of luck!!!! It will take much time and kissing to convince my wife of something like that, but I've got years to work on her. All a part of my cunning plan......

bullitr

Originally Posted by thud
say what? says who?
check oregonreef.com. andcheck his thread in this site. steveweast

cbui2

here are some more pic's, tank is still cloudy. i'm still about a week out on filling the rest of the tanks. sump and skimmer is next in line to fill then QT, fuge and last fuge.
this is not the final setting and few pc's around will be moved around but time will tell.
total of 7 caves, these rocks are truly amazing with ton of shapes, sizes, character and less density than many other.
middle

right side

left side

socal57che

cbui2...
DUDE...YOU ROCK!!!
I can't believe I missed this thread. And the way I see it, your tank can benefit all mankind. Just think, if the ocean ever dries up...you can just do a water change!!! I would have loved to have been there when the DUMPTRUCK
unloaded your live rock!! I commend you on your planning and carrying out of your dream. Best of everything to ya.

ps...did you wipe out a carribean resort with your live sand purchase?

myreef05

Very awesome so far. Are the rocks sitting on anything besides sand?
Killer thread. Thanks for keeping us updated.

theappe3

Originally Posted by bullitr
check oregonreef.com. andcheck his thread in this site. steveweast

I checked the website and didnt find anything about it....

jennythebugg

Originally Posted by cbui2
thanks, LFS had gave me a deal and couldnt pass it up. Free freight
. i have 4 waterproof camera to be mounted in the display tank and 6 more around the fish room and i will be able to moniter at all times when i am not present and will be recorded 24hrs a day which will be tied into my main house system.
yay is this going to be a webcam for everyone like the dakota reef webcam??!!?? if so yay

jennythebugg

Originally Posted by socal57che
cbui2...
DUDE...YOU ROCK!!!
I can't believe I missed this thread. And the way I see it, your tank can benefit all mankind. Just think, if the ocean ever dries up...you can just do a water change!!! I would have loved to have been there when the DUMPTRUCK
unloaded your live rock!! I commend you on your planning and carrying out of your dream. Best of everything to ya.

bullitr

Originally Posted by theappe3
I checked the website and didnt find anything about it....
about the march incident is in this forum .

cbui2

Originally Posted by socal57che
cbui2...
DUDE...YOU ROCK!!!

thanks, but 1000lbs and still short probably need about 200lbs or so to get my DSB. i personally took SWA to Tampa Bay hand picked all the pc's i want then brought them home with me. consider same day shipping so no die off and this would be the best way IMO. my honda minivan was the only dump truck available at the time. the is definetly a dream and haven't sunk in yet.
i had a LFS ordered all the sand for me FREE FREIGHT, nobody can beat that deal so i took it.