(First Reef Tank Ever) **** 600gal Display **** 1300gal System

cbui2

Originally Posted by myreef05
Very awesome so far. Are the rocks sitting on anything besides sand?
Killer thread. Thanks for keeping us updated.
thanks, sand was added first then rocks. the foundation consist of 4 large pc's 92, 78, 68 & 60lbs then more were stack on top of each other pc's with tons of character to create a larger pc seem together. smaller pc's was used to covered all the outlet of CL making them nearly invisible.

cbui2

Originally Posted by jennythebugg
yay is this going to be a webcam for everyone like the dakota reef webcam??!!?? if so yay

yes i have all the 4 underwater cameras plus additional 6 for the entire fish room which will be integrated into main house system.

cbui2

here are some more updates, and the tank is more clear now. i should have enough water by monday night to get skimmer and reactor online. all the outlet for CL is covered and few more pc's has been arrange around to make it look more realistic, but this will not be the final stacks as coral will be introduced.
Full Front

Left Side

Middle

Right Side

threed240

Good luck getting them out, if you are going to. It would probably be better to throw a live 110v romex in there and shock em out. Just kiddin.

imfsub12

Originally Posted by cbui2
Middle

Right Side

First nice tank, like you never herd that before.. but sweet.. like i say Go big or go home! (Have all the fancy stuff for my triathlons)
But on the pics is that the sand on the bottom that is so white.. or is that the edge of your ledge?
thanks

T

tmy880

And to think this is the least expensive part of the system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is truly awesome

gnorman

first time i saw this thread ( kinda mad about that b/c i wish i had been tracking it from the start ) and so far i am loving it. your my idol. looking freaken awesome. cant wait to see some fish in it

cbui2

Originally Posted by Threed240
Good luck getting them out, if you are going to. It would probably be better to throw a live 110v romex in there and shock em out. Just kiddin.

i will keep them since they help me cycled

cbui2

Originally Posted by imfsub12
First nice tank, like you never herd that before.. but sweet.. like i say Go big or go home! (Have all the fancy stuff for my triathlons)
But on the pics is that the sand on the bottom that is so white.. or is that the edge of your ledge?
thanks
1000lbs Caribsea Bahamas Oolite sugar fine grain. they are the whitest live sand i've seen unlike fiji pink. the tank ledge is 6" and my tank sits 5" below ledge giving a deeper look toward the bottom. granite blue pearl for tank ledge is being custom built from a friend and white ledge will be replaced.

cbui2

Originally Posted by tmy880
And to think this is the least expensive part of the system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is truly awesome

the cheapest part i've seen on this build was the beginning which was the tank.

cbui2

ok finally enough water is made to get sump, 1st fuge, skimmer and return online.
here are some more pic's, and i still cant believed the character in these Haitian Rocks.
Left Side

Middle Left

Middle Right

Right Side