(First Reef Tank Ever) **** 600gal Display **** 1300gal System

shrimpi

this is an amazing project. I always wanted a bigASS fishtank in my house. This is a great display! How did you figure all of this out? Is someone helping you plan this out? I wouldnt even know where to start! Bravo! looks awesome! you did a really really really nice job.

bonebrake

Hopefully you already thought of this aspect, but make sure you have a powerful ventilation fan(s) to circulate the air out of your garage and outside air in.

maxalmon

Wow....I'm totally in awe of this project, congratulations.
Everybody wants to ask this question, but nobody is, so I will...How much is this going to cost?

hefner413

I'm absolutely blown away
Care if I take notes and copy you someday? Thanks for including us in this amazing project - keep it coming!

hefner413

Wait - I just saw you are new to this as of January of this year??? And you are doing this yourself - alone? Uhh - how??? - just after reading and getting some advice from the forums? So you just decided to skip the steps of progression from a small tank to bigger and bigger - and just went with a GIANT??? I am seeing it all with your great pics and story, but I just can't believe what I'm seeing!

Originally Posted by Bonebrake
Hopefully you already thought of this aspect, but make sure you have a powerful ventilation fan(s) to circulate the air out of your garage and outside air in.

I was wondering the same thing. And also thinking... holy crap, this guy is a freaking genius! How does he know how to do all of this, and even what he's supposed to do?

reefer545

Youre an engineer arent you? NICE FREAKING WORK!! Cant wait to see the progress. Keep it up. I will one up your tank one day. lol.
Jealous in Chicago
R545

ukcats

What rate did you get on your second and THIRD

[hr]
???

What is gonna be the final cost? If you don't mind me asking.
This thing is gonna be beautiful!!!!

mike22cha

That is sweet. Can't wait till it is all finished and we see it up and runnig. What are you're plans for it? A reef or fowlr?

team2jndd

... im assuming reef based on the title. That is absolutely amazing. I wish I had the $ room or even half the know how to pull that off. I have never seen bulkheads coming from the bottom of the tank before. What are those for?

reef noob

Originally Posted by team2jndd
... im assuming reef based on the title. That is absolutely amazing. I wish I had the $ room or even half the know how to pull that off. I have never seen bulkheads coming from the bottom of the tank before. What are those for?
most likley for a closed loop

shrimpi

I guess if you think about it...
the larger the tank the larger the margin for errors.. especially for beginners. Thats why alot of ppl go against nanos at first... little mistakes make big problems, esp. if your just starting (I know I made my fair share of mistakes
)
If you have the money/time/resources go for it! Everyone pretty much wishes they had a larger tank right? talk about setting a standard.
Thanks for posting your project as it motors along. Its nice to watch it 'grow'.

wangotango

i was reading through this thread and thought it looked familiar... this must be the abridged version compared to the one on --
. looks nice so far.
-Justin