(First Reef Tank Ever) **** 600gal Display **** 1300gal System

goodwin9

Originally Posted by rabbit_72
I can't wait to see a front shot of this tank!!!

Check out page 9 for pictures........

rabbit_72

Originally Posted by goodwin9
Check out page 9 for pictures........
Perhaps, I should have said, updated pics of the front of the tank...sorry!

cbui2

thank you all for your kind comments, the street we lived on has only 16 homes with only one way in and out. going on 8 months at this house with no problems from the kids or parents. my plans for the entire backyard is not completely finished yet since i will be adding additional rooms and pool so fencing will be done when all that is completed. they always says fence makes good neighbors
the valves will be fine outside and besides my blue pitbull guard the surrounding. about 500' combination of hard and spa flex pvc was used. if i was to charge $5 per person for addmission, this will take me 10yrs to make the money back
for now it will be free since i loved this hobby ang not trying to sell it
. my new camera will be coming shortly so better pics will be taken, again thank you all

trigger78

Well I just spent about an hour reading every post and reply on this thread!!! What a wonderful job!!!!
I do have a few ?s though.
How do you do the water change? I understand that their is an aquarium setup just for the mix. But do you drain water to the main of your house at the same rate of the mix going into one of the other aquariums, fuges, ect..?
And what kind of lighting, plants, critters, etc.. are you going to use for the fuges and how often will the lights be running on the fuges?
It rocks and has given me some good ideas for my new setup. Am turning my 55 reef into fuge for larger reef tank but will have to put the 55 in the basement so I will need to learn about plumbing like you did. Where did you get most of your plumbing info from? this board, another board, or someone particular?
Thanks- Alex

stevenw56

Just stumbled upon this this thread this morning and read it all. You have much to be proud of, including what must be the most wonderful wife on the planet, besides mine of course.

deltablack22

I've browsed through this thread but 7 pages is a little overwhelming... Can you refresh my memory on your intended purpose of the other three tanks in your garage starting top down? I'm assuming fuge, sump, and maybe a frag or mixing tank?

rabbit_72

Originally Posted by DeltaBlack22
I've browsed through this thread but 7 pages is a little overwhelming... Can you refresh my memory on your intended purpose of the other three tanks in your garage starting top down? I'm assuming fuge, sump, and maybe a frag or mixing tank?
No kidding...luckily I started reading it a few weeks ago...had a cup of coffee and didn't do much else!

O

oreo12

Originally Posted by cbui2
ok here are some more updates, finally after so many days finished the chiller and rest of the plumbing.
sheetrock was cutout then bulks were installed. ball and gates valves were used throughtout the plumbing for fine tuning.
intake and outlet for chiller with bulks

here's the Fish Room along with 100gal of plumbing :lol:

refugium is the last set of plumbing needed to be done after that i'm a happy camper
I dont understand why you need all this stuff. way to many sumps looks like someone has way to much credit

J

jamparty

nothing wrong with the sumps...
more is better imo..
you can never have too much LR or filtering sumps/refugiums

O

oreo12

Looks like a night mear with all that plumbing. What about the trip hazered if front of that door. I would love that big of a display but no way would I plumb it like that. Why would you spend that kind of mony to house damsels anyway? Good luck

cbui2

thanks guys, by the door both 1.5" plumbing is against the wall and the 1" pvc for ro is just temp for now until the final placement of ro tank. by the time i finished the entire fish room no visible plumbing or wiring will be seeing except for ball valve as custom panels will be built for the pvc.
here's the newest member of the family
Powder Blue & White Cheek Tang Hybrid
Acanthurus leucosternon x Acanthurus nigricans

jennythebugg

Originally Posted by oreo12
Looks like a night mear with all that plumbing. What about the trip hazered if front of that door. I would love that big of a display but no way would I plumb it like that. Why would you spend that kind of mony to house damsels anyway? Good luck
i guess some folks are jealous...i know i am !

exotich

Same hee, we started with a 55 in April, now are setting up a 125, but we love it, except that now there are no tank to look at and no tv, as swithching things over and moving furniture to fit the 125