First time raising fry

Jigsaw

Hi ive done a bunch of reading on this site after noticing eggs on my 90 gallon tank. Seems my True Percula pair decided to give me extra work to do. After reading a lot from of forums on here from bang guy (thank you) i figured i should join the site. I've got some roteifers "growing" Ill get copepods going next week. I hope to save this batch I think I have till tomorrow its about 1 week right? I would like to handle the ability to do this I just worry that even if I can get them grown. Selling them off wont be that easy and I sure couldent handle 100's of fish. I know my kids will get a great life experence watching and helping with this. Im also sure this is a big learning experence.

snakeblitz33

There is a big learning curve for sure! I hope you have gathered up most of the tools and tanks necessary to raise fry. If your not successful with this batch, you'll get another batch every 28 days or so.

I'd love it if you could post some pictures of your setups and keep us updated!

Jigsaw

image.jpg Here is one of my main tank ill post more in a bit i cant seem to do more than one at a time. Newb here lol.

Last edited:

bang guy

They will appear silvery the night they hatch so you do get warning. Don't shine any lights on them the night they hatch or they will not hatch that night.

There's a thread around called something like Raising Clownfish 101, it was pretty good but I can't seem to find it anymore.

What are the eggs attached to?

Jigsaw

From all I gathered once they hatch ill be killing my mp 40's and my sump I'll need to shine a light to atract them to the top than useing a turkey baster suck them out into the fry tank. They are atached to the back wall of my tank once this batch hatches ill see what flat rock i have that I can pray they lay them on next time. Right now i see a silvery eye? Depending how they move with the current. Sorry the pic is shit I used my iphone.

Jigsaw

Friday will be 14 days sence i noticed the eggs they still havent hatched yet. 12 days seems too long right? Im worried that this batch is a bust but i guess time will tell.

Jigsaw

Thank you so much bang guy their hatching as i type. Fingers crossed i can keep them going ill keep updates coming.

Jigsaw

Well as i suspected this round has gone bad they lived a lil over 24 hrs i need to work on my rotifers culture and my copepods culture and hope that round 2 will go much better. Its a shame I couldn't save this hatch but a lil over a week to get things needed for such a task proved too much for me. Thank you all for the great advise.

snakeblitz33

The first batch is usually a bust. Good job trying though!! You'll be much better prepared the next go around. Have you started a phytoplankton culture?