Fiscal Cliff. Thrill ride to fiscal sanity or the end of civilization as we know it

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006 http:///t/393948/fiscal-cliff-thrill-ride-to-fiscal-sanity-or-the-end-of-civilization-as-we-know-it/20#post_3506917
There is a Way to save this nation however those in Power will not even Consider it. Called Get rid of Welfare as we Know it. NO CASH Payments to anyone that is a 2nd or 3rd Generation Person GETTING WELFARE. Also no MORE MONEY for More KIDS right now People get More Money for the More Kids they pop Out. Next Mandatory Drug Testing for all People that Get any Assistance from the Government if you can afford to get Drugs and Booze you can afford to EAT and find a place to live ON YOUR OWN. Next all people in Politics that have been in Office for more than 20 Years your GONE Retired with NO PENSIONS and you can not Run for anymore Offices that PAY YOU. After 20 Years if you have not gotten your Ideas Passed your just Collecting your Paycheck and not doing your Job.
Next Health Care Reform True Reform would Start with Malpractice Reform. I am sick of Seeing Lawyers advertisements all the time saying if you took this drug or this one or had this Product used we can sue the Doctors and the People that make that Product. Hey it is called you signed the release form for the Surgery and if you Read the FREAKING Med Sheet your given with the Bottle when you Fill the Prescription you would know what to look out for in Side Effects and When to Call your Doctor.
Lastly how to attack the Budget Problem Simple First pass a Pair of Flat Taxes Below 350K Single and 500K Married you pay in 10% of your Income with no Loopholes allowed. Above those Figures it goes up to 15% again with Zero Loopholes for all income that includes Investments Dividends and Capital Gains. To get Business going in this Country First Lower the Tax Rate to 10% for the First 10 Million and 15% for over that with Zero Loopholes for Overseas Ops either. Next Reduce the Regulations in this Nation. When it costs about 4 Trillion a Year for all the Businesses in this Nation to Comply with all the Regs the Government Spits out there is a Problem.
Then to fix the Budget you take the Amount of revenue that came in the Year Before Budget 95% of it then and use the REST to start Paying off the Debt this nation has built up. Yes it would require Massive Cuts in Popular Programs in this Nation However it could and NEEDS to be done.
Take a look at where the bulk of our Federal dollars go each year. Welfare assistance programs use approximately $106 billion in the annual budget. Nothing to sneeze at, but SS takes $854 billion, Defense takes $868 billion, and Medicare takes $920 billion. So which program do you think needs to be reduced to make any type of impact on the deficit?
I just love those that continually take shots at those who are disadvantaged for whatever reason, yet if for whatever reason the same occurred to them (catastrophic medical issue, loss of job, loss of income), they become eerily silent when they have to take advantage of the same programs themselves.

ironeagle2006

Bionic the Amount Listed is the Direct Cash Given to People Food Stamps Housing Section 8 Medicaid are all run by Different Sections of the Government and therefore are on Different LINES OF THE BUDGET. Food Stamps last Year was close to 50 Billion on its OWN. Medicaid since it is 70% funded by the Feds came in at Close to 400 BILLION on ITS OWN. Defense yes there could be some Cuts made like Getting rid of 1/2 the Flag Officers at the Pentagon that do Nothing but Sit on their Rears and all their Staffs. We need more Boots on the Ground not Chiefs telling them to be Kind to people. Get Rid of the TSA either that or Make the Airlines pay for the Security at the Airport again. With my plan I am going to FORCE the Government to live within its MEANS for the First time ever. Think about this Russia put in the Flat Tax 13 Years ago and their Tax Revenue from everyone has jumped 300% over what it was just 10 Years ago BEFORE the Gas and OIL BOOMS. Also with a Tax Form that a 10 Year old can fill out your not going to need as Many People at the IRS and can get rid of maybe 50% of them. The sheer volume of People we would be able to get rid of in Government would more than likely pay for the freaking Cuts.
Now to stop Lobbyists form Getting their hands into the Congress real Simple make Elections Publicly FUNDED with Free Airtime for the Candiates on Broadcast Networks however if the Super Pacs and such get Involved in the Election that Candidate must Pay INCOME TAX ON THE AMOUNT THEY ARE SPENDING FOR HIM. Think someone is going to want to give the Government a Check for 15% of 4 Billion Bucks that was spent in the Last Election. Do you think Obama has 300 Million in the Bank he got an Estimated 2 Billion from Democratic Super Pacs and Union Pacs in the Last Election.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/393948/fiscal-cliff-thrill-ride-to-fiscal-sanity-or-the-end-of-civilization-as-we-know-it/40#post_3506923
Take a look at where the bulk of our Federal dollars go each year. Welfare assistance programs use approximately $106 billion in the annual budget. Nothing to sneeze at, but SS takes $854 billion, Defense takes $868 billion, and Medicare takes $920 billion. So which program do you think needs to be reduced to make any type of impact on the deficit?
I just love those that continually take shots at those who are disadvantaged for whatever reason, yet if for whatever reason the same occurred to them (catastrophic medical issue, loss of job, loss of income), they become eerily silent when they have to take advantage of the same programs themselves.
A large part of the Medicare spending goes to Medicaid, a welfare program. Same deal with Social Security. SSI payments are welfare, not retirement or disability.
Cutting welfare is just one small sliver of a very large pie. I like the idea of ending cash payments for welfare and foreign aid both. Another area a credible president could attempt to sway public opinion on is congressional excesses. Bloated staffs, ridiculous "fact finding missions" etc. And you can't tell me there isn't a lot of fat in every department of the Federal government, defense included.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006 http:///t/393948/fiscal-cliff-thrill-ride-to-fiscal-sanity-or-the-end-of-civilization-as-we-know-it/40#post_3506939
Bionic the Amount Listed is the Direct Cash Given to People Food Stamps Housing Section 8 Medicaid are all run by Different Sections of the Government and therefore are on Different LINES OF THE BUDGET. Food Stamps last Year was close to 50 Billion on its OWN. Medicaid since it is 70% funded by the Feds came in at Close to 400 BILLION on ITS OWN. Defense yes there could be some Cuts made like Getting rid of 1/2 the Flag Officers at the Pentagon that do Nothing but Sit on their Rears and all their Staffs. We need more Boots on the Ground not Chiefs telling them to be Kind to people. Get Rid of the TSA either that or Make the Airlines pay for the Security at the Airport again. With my plan I am going to FORCE the Government to live within its MEANS for the First time ever. Think about this Russia put in the Flat Tax 13 Years ago and their Tax Revenue from everyone has jumped 300% over what it was just 10 Years ago BEFORE the Gas and OIL BOOMS. Also with a Tax Form that a 10 Year old can fill out your not going to need as Many People at the IRS and can get rid of maybe 50% of them. The sheer volume of People we would be able to get rid of in Government would more than likely pay for the freaking Cuts.
Now to stop Lobbyists form Getting their hands into the Congress real Simple make Elections Publicly FUNDED with Free Airtime for the Candiates on Broadcast Networks however if the Super Pacs and such get Involved in the Election that Candidate must Pay INCOME TAX ON THE AMOUNT THEY ARE SPENDING FOR HIM. Think someone is going to want to give the Government a Check for 15% of 4 Billion Bucks that was spent in the Last Election. Do you think Obama has 300 Million in the Bank he got an Estimated 2 Billion from Democratic Super Pacs and Union Pacs in the Last Election.
You think only those that are too lazy to work benefit from Medicaid? 95% of the recipients of that program are our elderly and retired individuals. Congress just tried approving $50 billion for Hurricane Sandy relief, when it came out that 2/3rds of that "funding" was going to various state pet projects. People seem to want to let that type of pork-filled legislation slide every Congressional term, but they chastise those individuals on Welfare when probably less than 10% of the recipients actually abuse it.

bang guy

Quote:
You think only those that are too lazy to work benefit from Medicaid? 95% of the recipients of that program are our elderly and retired individuals.
What?

darthtang aw

With the You and reef are calling Medicaid a "welfare program".  It's primarily used by indigent and elderly people as a way to obtain their medicines.  I should know because my mother has been on it for years.
with the money you make you can't assist your mother for her healthcare? If your mother is on Medicaid she has very little income coming in and why isn't she on Medicare? Medicaid is a welfare program.

ironeagle2006

Medicaid is used by the Elderly to make sure that they can afford to stay in a Nursing home when they do not have the 5-6 Thousand Dollars a Month it costs to stay in a Nursing home. Both my Parents are in either a Nursing home or assisted Living and even with their Income the cost for them to stay in the Places they are is around 9K a month 4K a month for my mother and 5 K a month for my father. They each pay close to 1800 out of their Own Pockets with Medicaid picking up the rest.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/393948/fiscal-cliff-thrill-ride-to-fiscal-sanity-or-the-end-of-civilization-as-we-know-it/40#post_3506976
You and reef are calling Medicaid a "welfare program". It's primarily used by indigent and elderly people as a way to obtain their medicines. I should know because my mother has been on it for years.
Hence the term "Welfare". And no, it isn't used primarily by the elderly and nowhere in the same country code as 95% elderly or retired
Stats from your state
"Children make up the overwhelming majority of Texas Medicaid recipients; more than 2 million of them are covered in any given month. The state spent $2.7 billion in the last fiscal year on the managed care plans that cover 1.7 million of them.
The second largest group insured by Medicaid is 350,000 eligible seniors, followed by 330,000 people with disabilities, 210,000 newborns and 130,000 pregnant women. Impoverished adults, are the smallest Medicaid eligibility group; fewer than 100,000 are insured in a given month."
All those cute assed named programs like CHIP and WIC are part of Medicaid.

bang guy

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang Guy http:///t/393948/fiscal-cliff-thrill-ride-to-fiscal-sanity-or-the-end-of-civilization-as-we-know-it/40#post_3506991
Most of the elderly use Medicare for medicine AFAIK.
Why don't you take care of your mother? Do you not like her?
Look you little smartass POS. You want to tussle with me and throw littlle jibes that's fine. You start insulting my mother and my family, I'll track you down and stick that gun you seem to cherish so much up your ass and set it off until the clip is empty.

bang guy

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/393948/fiscal-cliff-thrill-ride-to-fiscal-sanity-or-the-end-of-civilization-as-we-know-it/40#post_3506978
With the with the money you make you can't assist your mother for her healthcare? If your mother is on Medicaid she has very little income coming in and why isn't she on Medicare? Medicaid is a welfare program.
You just as much as an asshole as Bang Guy Darth. How dare you make that kind of insinuating comment. You don't have a FUCKING clue the issues my mother has, and what her financial situation is. It's not any of you damn business why my mother uses whatever benefits she has coming to her. For you information, I have her in a rather nice retirement community. It costs me over $6,000/month to keep her there. However, her meds alone cost almost another $3,000/month. If she can take adanatage of the program, she'll use it. I'm SURE if your parents were in the same situation, your arrogant, pioused, self-serving ass would NEVER take advantage of the same thing. You're the bigget fuckiing hypocrite I've ever argued with on a forum. So keeps your smartass comments to yourself, or I'll do the same to you as I'd do to your dipshit cohert.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang Guy http:///t/393948/fiscal-cliff-thrill-ride-to-fiscal-sanity-or-the-end-of-civilization-as-we-know-it/40#post_3507013
I don't recall ever insulting your mother nor your family.
What the hell do you think you just did asswipe? How DARE you insinuate I don't take care of my family. Because you think my mother is on Medicaid that I don't do everything possible for her? I'm so pissed off right now, I don't even have the tolerance to respond to a creaton like you. Go show your mother that little comment and see what she says. If she's smart, she'd slap you across the face and tell you how ashamed she is.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang Guy http:///t/393948/fiscal-cliff-thrill-ride-to-fiscal-sanity-or-the-end-of-civilization-as-we-know-it/40#post_3507017
Hey man, you brought your mother into this, not us.
All I said was she was on Medicaid. You and that other imbecile piped off insinuating I don't care for my mother because only low-life leachers of society use that program. Right? You don't have a clue. So, do you take care of your mother? Do you spend half your income making her comfortable and paying all her medical bills? If not, why not? See how that works?

bang guy

I didn't imply anything. I asked a question, which you answered. Do you think a death threat is an appropriate response?
Yes, I provide for my mother, who is also on a social program. No, I do not spend half of my income making her comfortable. I would if I had to but it has not been neccessary.
Can you show me where, in any thread, I said "only low-life leachers of society use that program"?

bang guy

I'll make a deal with you bionicarm. If you edit your post and remove the death threat you made I will remove all reference to it.
Your choice. It's not a good thing for you to have out there.

darthtang aw

You just as much as an asshole as Bang Guy Darth.  How dare you make that kind of insinuating comment.  You don't have a FUCKING clue the issues my mother has, and what her financial situation is.  It's not any of you damn business why my mother uses whatever benefits she has coming to her.  For you information, I have her in a rather nice retirement community.  It costs me over $6,000/month to keep her there.  However, her meds alone cost almost another $3,000/month.  If she can take adanatage of the program, she'll use it.  I'm SURE if your parents were in the same situation, your arrogant, pioused, self-serving ass would NEVER take advantage of the same thing.  You're the bigget fuckiing hypocrite I've ever argued with on a forum.  So keeps your smartass comments to yourself, or I'll do the same to you as I'd do to your dipshit cohert.
Someone didnt just fly off the rocker, they broke it!
I asked a question, as medicaid is classified as a welfare Program. The question was justified, as most elderly are on Medicare.
Darth (Xanax anyone) Tang
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-6q50aY4ZI[/VIDEO]