Blue jaw trigger
lawnmower blenny
bi color blenny (?)
yellow tang
dwarf angel (not sure yet)
maybe a wrasse (recommendations?)

J

jstdv8

everything but the rimmed tang looks good.
I like my sixline wrasse!

1snapple

Thanks, i know about the rimmed tang, im still on the fence about him, how about maybe a corris wrasse?

meowzer

AH I have a yellow coris wrasse....beautiful fish.....
I don't see an issue with your list, BUT I do not know a lot about triggers
and what is the issue with the gold rimmed tang jstdv8??

deejeff442

what is a red mandarin?
thats alot of fish for a 95 gallon.i would cut the list in half or get rid of a couple big poopers like the trigger and tang

J

jstdv8

I was thinking good sized tang, 4' tank..... some would not consider this an issue. The yellow should be just fine thoguh
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/383137/fish-list-help#post_3349041
AH I have a yellow coris wrasse....beautiful fish.....
I don't see an issue with your list, BUT I do not know a lot about triggers
and what is the issue with the gold rimmed tang jstdv8??

aquaknight

The Gold Rim tang issue, from the way I look at it, the Gold Rim (Acanthurus nigricans), Powder Blue, Powder Brown, and the Achilles tang are all very similar, related, and sometimes even hybridize. I think if you said you were putting an Achilles in that 95gal, you'd get a lot more tang police-style comments. The difference, IMO, is that the other 3 tangs besides the Achilles, have become somewhat available in smaller sizes then the typical Achilles. A 7" Achilles tang, needs a much different tank then a 3" Powder Tang. A smaller gold-rim would do okay in that 95gal size-wise for a bit, but like all fish, they do grow. However, and this is the big catch, Gold-Rims have a very dismal track record in captivity. Whether it's related to their collection being different, or what, but Gold-Rims the vast majority of them die shortly (1-3 months) after they arrive in their owners tanks.
The Blue Jaw trigger. A small Blue Jaw trigger would be a model citizen in 95% of people's aquariums (which are sized probably 95% of the time, this included tanks with tiny gobies, ornamental shrimp, etc. Just as with the Gold Rim, they do grow, and will need future larger housing.
For the stock list, IMO a 95gal is a one-tang tank. The Yellow tang would likely live a very long time in that tank, the Gold Rim wouldn't. It does need trimmed a touch, esp. if you're getting the trigger, but with only one-tang, and IMO pick only 1 blenny, it's not too bad. You'll need to have strong filtration for the heavier stocklist obviously.

1snapple

Okay, ya i wan't sure about 2 blenny's. I know about the gold rimmed but i would rather have a gold rimmed then the blue jaw trigger or the yellow tang, Maybe go in between and get a small purple tang and leave off the trigger and the 2 tangs.
Yes Red mandarin, check out some pictures on google.
Also, could i do a dwarf angel and a purple/ gold rimmed tang in the same tank?

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Snapple http:///forum/thread/383137/fish-list-help#post_3348871
Okay, i have a 95g tank, 48" long.
I want your opinions on this fish list.
Red mandarin
2 ocellaris clowns
gold headed sleeper goby
gold rimmed tang
Blue jaw trigger
lawnmower blenny
bi color blenny (?)
yellow tang
dwarf angel (not sure yet)
maybe a wrasse (recommendations?)
Gold Rimmed Tang is a huge risk, as many have stated.
Are you aware of the mess Golden Head Sleeper Gobies can make when they sift sand?
I would not do a Blue Jaw Trigger.
You'd be okay with a Yellow Tang or possibly a purple tang and a dwarf far more so than having a golden rimed tang in there.

J

jstdv8

Funny, I din't even notice the trigger when I first read it. I thought it said blue spotted jawfish.
on that note, i totally reccomend a blue spotted jaw fish.