Fishermon's 29 Biocube Diary

fishermon

My hood for the Biocube does not fit good at all. It lets light shine through. I called the warranty dept. @ Oceanic & they are mailing me a new one. They said it would be bare bones ( no fans or lights ) & I'll need to transfer everything from the old hood. I hope this is my last problem with this tank!
You guys must not like my tank. No comments.

K

kat74

I looooove it!~
Everything looks great! I'm so glad that you didn't see a cycle with this set up! I didn't see one either with my 14 when I set it up.
and wow! What an awesome order you got in from SWF.com! Everything looks like it acclimated well into your tank!~

I was thinking that your little barnacles up front was screaming for a cute little blenny to live in it and pop its little head out!

I see you got your heater problem fixed. I was going to tell you the same thing that spanko told you.

For the Biocube skimmer, it took mine about 3 weeks to break in.

fishermon

Thanks Kat!
I love my Percs! I can't wait until they mature & darken up. I'm trying to go with a black color scheme with the cube. The Blackcap Basslet is a beautiful fish. I wish I could get a better pic. He hides alot. You should consider one for your new cube. Yea that's why I got the barnacles. I have 3 fish in there that are "hiders" I'm sure one will use them eventually.
I will probably hook up the skimmer tonight.
Will it fit with a heater & the Biocube cartridge in that chamber?
I know you don't use them, but I have like 10 of them & figured I'd use them up.
Tell me again what you do for filtration please.

K

kat74

Originally Posted by FISHERMON
http:///forum/post/2557156
Thanks Kat!
I love my Percs! I can't wait until they mature & darken up. I'm trying to go with a black color scheme with the cube. The Blackcap Basslet is a beautiful fish. I wish I could get a better pic. He hides alot. You should consider one for your new cube. Yea that's why I got the barnacles. I have 3 fish in there that are "hiders" I'm sure one will use them eventually.
I will probably hook up the skimmer tonight.
Will it fit with a heater & the Biocube cartridge in that chamber?
I know you don't use them, but I have like 10 of them & figured I'd use them up.
Tell me again what you do for filtration please.
Well, I'm at my max for fish in my 29 and after this weekend, I'll be at my max for fish in my 14 (just ordered a pair of Picasso clowns from here!) But the blackcap basslet IS a gorgeous fish!
The skimmer won't fit in with the heater AND the cartridge too. The cartridge goes right where the skimmer needs to go. I found that the cartridge sometimes would get clogged and block the flow, so I tossed it. For filtration in the 29, I put Chemi-Pure Elite and Purigen in Chamber 3, use the Biocube skimmer in chamber 1 and place a piece of filter floss across the drip try in chamber 2. For my 14, I'm doing something a little different. In chamber 1, I'll have a 50w heater and the skimmer. Chamber 2, I have (from the bottom up) LR rubble/filter floss/Chemi-Pure Elite/filter floss/Purigen/Drip Tray/filter floss, and nothing but the pump in chamber 3; I tossed the blue sponge that came with it.

iyachtuxivm

great looking tank! your aquascape looks great. Personally I would want some more Lr to make it a little taler. Love the Acan I have one too.
"You guys must not like my tank. No comments." Iknow how you feel but everyone usually get caught up in there own tanks and just dont have time. At least thats what I hope
Love the cube. Wish I would have just done that too, but after the 12g my friend gave me leaked I dont trust em. Not a pleasnt way to wake up on a christmas morning, drip drip drip whats that sound oh no...... keep up the great work throw in some more 90 shots

fishermon

Thanks Everyone!
I love the way it turned out ( exept for the top, but I'm getting a new one-look at 1st pic).
On lunch break today ( I go home & play with tanks on my lunch hour almost everyday ), I caught my Fusi Gobie ( got him Sunday from LFS he's a tiny sifter) & my Blackcap Basslet out & about.
Check it out.

spanko

Not to be a downer here but have you put a level across the top rim of the tank or a straight edge to see it the edge trim is the problem?

fishermon

No I haven't , but the plastic on the inside of the hood looks warped & kind of wavy.
In hindsight I should of done that. I guess I'll see when the new hood comes.
Thanks

subielover

Wow, your tank is really coming along nicely. Great choice in fish

That picture of your fire shrimp is really great too. Keep up the great work, you really brought this tank along quite quickly. Love it!

nwdyr

wow you got allot done in a little time!! looks good, I like the rocks, it's different from all the other "tall scapes"

fishermon

Thanks everyone for the comments.
nwdyr-I like it too. After setting it up, I thought about getting more LR to build it up. Now I like how it is. It gives alot of swimming room for the fish, and still has alot of caves for the critters. Believe it or not, there's 30 lbs of LR in there. The bottom rock is huge! Thanks Bro!