FishyGurl's 125G Tank Diary!!! =)

fishygurl

Originally Posted by hambone
http:///forum/post/2713527
Great start! More pics please.

more pics are coming! i think.. lol my mom found the thing to put the photos in her computer but now i just have to figure out how to put them in this one.. (im used to pc's and this is the mac..) So we will see i have them all importing into the mac then i will try and figure out how to post them in here.
Also i just purchased...
3 polyps of supernova paly's
3 polyps of hot pink paly's
1 head of red/purple and green blasto
1 frag of red monti cap.
Im not sure when they will get here but i think they are going to ship them out on monday so i should have them tuesday if not wednesday.. So i hope all of them make it!

fishygurl

last ones, and the crab is the crab i found in my gsp rock and got him out and now hes missing in my fuge.... btw these photos were taken last week before i did my first water change and added my clean up crew now 3/4 of the nasty algae is gone. which was from about a week or so ago. =)

fishygurl

hmm... well im looking for an id on the hot pink palythoas zoanthids that i got. And they looked kinda like safecrackers but then i found on a different site armor of god palythoa's and they look pretty much exactly alike. Maybe there is a little bit more blue surrounding the head so maybe they are not.. but they got the 2 bigger lines coming out and look exactly like the pic im looking at other than the ones i got have a little bit more blue.. i wish there wasnt so many.. especially ones that all look about the same...

A

arlene1995

I just found this thread as well! It sounds like you have an excellent set-up. Also, your 125 looks alot better than mine... I'll be following from here!

fishygurl

aww thanks! Ya im really excited! especially with the coral thing since in my 72 i had it like would never keep anything alive for very long.. and now everything so far has lived! The green acro i got had a brown spot on it for awhile when i first got it, but now that seems to have dissapeared. I moved it up a little higher in the light.
Since these photos ive changed a little bit.

A

arlene1995

You're welcome! I don't have enough lighting (or budget) to go SPS. I am still softies... That is great to hear about your Acro! More pics!!

fishygurl

Originally Posted by Arlene1995
http:///forum/post/2715502
You're welcome! I don't have enough lighting (or budget) to go SPS. I am still softies... That is great to hear about your Acro! More pics!!
haha i will get a lot more pics when i get my new shipment. which im thinking will be tuesday or wednesday.
And thanks, the brown spot thing on the acro had me worried for awhile.
It is definantly rewarding to have the halide. When you get enough money for it (save up!) you have to get some! they are amazing! i have the aqualight pro fixture and i love it.
One question the person im getting my shipment from has the stuff in 400 watt metal halides, and mine i believe are 150, so do i have to do the normal light acclimating (going from bottom to wherever i want them) or just put them right where i want them since they are used to higher light?

fishygurl

well i just went to a meeting from around here and i got a couple frags! and took pictures! so hopefully i will be able to figure out how to put them on again!
Now i have a total of 25 corals!!! let me try and think of all of them.
4 devils hand (1 of the frags split into 3, so i kinda have 6 now)
2 brown/orange monti cap
3 green acros (all different) one i know is called green scripps
2 ricordia florida (both orange one of the 2 has green mouths)
1 green yuma
1 rusty rhodacis mushroom?
1 rusty mushroom
1 small rock of red mushrooms
1 blue mushroom
1 medium rock of green star polyps
1 frogspawn
1 candycane (almost 4 heads and 6 mouths)
1 toadstool
2 acans (one is some green australian acan and the other is a chocolate mint acan)
1 pulsing xenia
1 button polyps
1 green pocci
i will try and get pics later!

fishygurl

I couldnt make up my mind on a lot of them on which one i liked better, i started with like 150 pics and i got down to like 40 or so. lol Anyways here they are!
This is 4 pics of my pearly/yellow headed jawfish.