FishyGurl's 125G Tank Diary!!! =)

fishygurl

My candy cane/trumpet coral. My cleaner shrimp. And a full tank shot (although i have to step so far away you dont get to really see anything..)

fishygurl

I hope you enjoyed all the pics! I was having fun with my moms underwater digital camera which she was afraid to put underwater but today i took the chance and it was A LOT of fun lol.. and it worked pretty well while being underwater and all.
Anyways i will post pics in a couple days- a week from now of new coral that will be coming in =)
Hopefully within the next couple of weeks i will get a bunch of colorful fish so its not just coral but fish too!!!

Anyways this is the latest ive stayed up in a LONG time lol.. so.. im gonna go watch a movie and go to bed. (i only have like a week till i have to "get used to getting up early for school"... school isnt even a month away anymore...

fishygurl

updated fish list.....once again....

Fish List:
5 blue/green chromis (maybe down to 4 because i cant find my smallest one... it didnt come out to eat or anything all day today...)
1 Yellow Headed Jawfish
1 lawnmower blenny
1 panda goby(not sure if its alive or not... .5 inches is hard to find in a 125 with 185 pounds of rock... im thinking he got ate or something...)
2 Clownfish (I have in my 72)
Fish Still to get:
1 Blackcap Basslet
1 Blue Hippo Tang (small)
1 Yellow Tang (small-medium)
1 Sailfin Tang (small)
1 neon goby (those black and blue ones)
1 flame wrasse-- or should i get this after the tangs?
2 bangaii cardinals
1 Mandarin Dragonet
(my mom wants the sailfin really bad now.... and i said i cant get it cuz it will be too many tangs and it will outgrow the tank and shes like "i wont pay for the other tangs unless you get a sailfin too.. why cant you just get all small tangs (1-4 inches)" or something like that.. so... i guess we are doing it this way..
when should i trade the sailfin in? when it gets 6 inches? 8 inches? less?

clownfish11

your tank is look AMAZING! I went away for a few weeks came back to check it out and was like WOW! that got really good really fast(if that makes sense)

fishygurl

Originally Posted by ClownFiSH11
http:///forum/post/2718886
your tank is look AMAZING! I went away for a few weeks came back to check it out and was like WOW! that got really good really fast(if that makes sense)
aww thanks!
and ya i know what you mean ive done that before with other peoples tanks its like they are ok when you see them one time and then the next they are totally different or like way better than before or something. Anyways im getting excited for my shipment to come in!!! i think its coming in tomorrow.
I will be getting:
1 red/purple with green center blasto
1 red monti cap frag
1 (some sort of pink palys) (3-4 polyps i think)
1 supernova envy orange paly (3 polyps)

fishygurl

oh ya and my toadstool leather has been making me nervous. Its been droopy at one point then its fine but idk i am pretty sure it is shedding because there is like layer of skin from it floating around.
Also one thing i dont like is that if i look under the main head/crown thing (which all polyps are still out) up near the head the stalk is really like tiny like it get really small like something was wrapped around it..
should i be worried or is this normal too?

fishygurl

Originally Posted by iyachtuxivm
http:///forum/post/2719197
Nioce A CANS

lol thanks
Anyways i just got my shipment. They all are amazing! Except the pink palys came off the plug. But i glued them back on and put them in the tank. Anyways my moms battery is dead and i cant find the charger. So pics will be later today hopefully.

fishygurl

Originally Posted by HowardJ
http:///forum/post/2719343
What kind of lights are you running?
the 72 inch aqualight pro lighting
There are 3 150w metal halides, some actinics, and 4 moon lights.
If you want to know more detailed i could and i think its earlier in the pages too.
*edit* the lights in the pics i think were the moon lights and the little light the camera gives off for a certain macro setting.

fishygurl

Ok SORRY!!! I have been busy for awhile.. Some stress.. you know the normal stuff for a teenage girl.. haha.. maybe not normal.. but anyways hmm ok
Well to start off.. sadly.. my favorite fish... my jawfish.. died.. after a couple months of having him i think it was 3 or 4 months. ='(
Next i have LOTS of corals. Most arnt very like "rare" but i joined a local reef club thing and i just go to meetings and they just give me boxes of corals to take home! Or they give me stuff really cheap =) So that has definantly helped fill my tank and not make it seem so empty.
Corals are growing like crazy in my tank =) Everything is seeming to do VERY well in my tank other than my yellow tang..
Here is the fish list as of right now:
1 yellow tang
1 blue hippo tang
2 clowns
4 chromis
1 lawnmower blenny
1 mandarin dragonet
1 blackcap basslet
1 panda goby- possibly.. (hes 1/2 inch so in my 125.. i never know if hes alive.. Ive seen him on 2 occasions since ive had him which has been many months..)
I think thats it..
I have a really big clam! Its like 6 inches or something! I forgot which type it is..
Here are all the corals i can think of as of right now..
2 different types of pulsing xenia
green star polyps
4 ricordia
2 mushrooms (kinda look like yuma rics) they divided..
several random mushrooms
2 toadstools, one is normal color with white tips, the other is normal with green tentacles.
2 monti caps, 1 is bright red the other is a green
3 acro's all different types of green ones.
3 aussie acans, one is green and red (acan lord), one is pretty much all green, But TOTALLY different in moon lights!, (also an acan lord), and the other im not sure if its an acan lord or not.. but its red and white.
2 different candycanes
BRIGHT orange zoos, i think i started with 4 polyps and now i have 7 over a couple months. I think they are called supernova envy orange, or thats what the person called them..
a bright pink zoo
4 devils hands
1 red and green favia
2 different frogspawns
1 BIG tunicate, its sooo awesome to watch!!!! Ok so like i got it when it was about one inch by 1/2 an inch for free. And the store i got it from didnt think it would make it, that was the biggest hes sees one. Also he didnt think i would get it to attach to rock. Well i got it to attach to rock, and then it grows like CRAZY in my tank!!! After a month or 2 its about a 4X6 inch piece!!! It is AMAZING! I will have to post lots of pics of it!!! It is one of the most INTERESTING things you could EVER have in your tank!!!!!!!! Its a MUST have for EVERYONE!!! Lol..
But ya i will post lots of pics when i find my moms camera and have time. Sorry for being gone so long!!! Forgive me?