Florida or close to it

saltn00b

:happyfish ..............................................................................................................................^

fishwanabe

Scorpiojkd-I live off of Drury Lane near mamas pizza, where do you work? My husband and I work out of the house he sell health ins. and I do his paperwork in between the dishes!lol :(

S

scorpiojkd

englewood community policiing,, sarasota s.o. off dearborn st

fishwanabe

So your a cop? that's cool, we need more of you guys/gals out there. Which lfs do you go to? The one in venice is nice but I'm finding the one in PC is alittle better on prices. I'm not sure that I will buy fish there though, seen alot of ick or something. I'm just in the process of setting up. Hope to order the tank in a few weeks...do you know of any others close? I have been to NP once:( the lfs that is, it didnt sem very clean....I like north port in general :happyfish

shogun323

Originally Posted by talksalt
Over here on the west coast. Port Richey, Florida Off of US19
My LFS is called Aquariums down in Tarpon.
Nicely kept place & clean tanks.
-Dave
Dave, Tarpon is old stomping grounds for me. In fact, I am a Sponger Alumni!!! Where is your store located. I'll definately stop in.
~Wade

S

scorpiojkd

fishwanabe--- The one in North Port is not good IMO. They haven't been able to answer questions for me at all and the store is chaos. There are two in Venice that I've been to. One on the bypass north of Center Rd. Don't really like them much either, seen dead fish in the tanks before. There is on one on 41 south of center by the bridal place (big mural on the outside of store). They have been helpful and have had some decent stuff there. There is one in Port Charlotte that I do like. They have the capacity to carry a lot of marine fish and generally have a lot of coral available too.

fishwanabe

scorpiojkd-your right the one North Port is crazy, too bad nice and close but (stinks!!)
the one in PC is nice, I forget the name but its big, clean and all the staff are nice. when you walk in all the pet stuff is to your left and then all fish stuff is in the back to the right. Mike's in Venice (the one next to bridal store) is very nice and clean. We are going to the Tampa aquarium at the end of the month for the day, cant wait. I hope to go to a few lfs there if I can. It's nice to find some one close to talk to (pick your brain haha) maybe we can trade stuff one of these days.
:cheer:

S

scorpiojkd

let me know how the florida aquarium (tampa) is. we've been wanting to take the kids there and wondered how it was. I was up in Atlanta recently and walked by their aquarium but didnt have time to go in

floridabob

sebastian florida here!!!

looking to stock up my tank with shrooms ,leathers, xenias softies
anyone looking to sell frags let me know!!!!

fishwanabe

Scorpiojkd-it must of been heartbreaking not to get to go into the GA aquarium!!
I'l make sure I take lots of pic and post now that I found photobucket and can post a picture. Our trip is only a short weekend thing(3-31) that my nine year old has no clue of, all a big surprize. The aquarium, busch gardens for two days then back home. Kind of a atta girl for doing well on the FCATS (she feels that she did anyway) hopefully she did. what a pain in the b*** that two weeks were. how many kids do you have? oh, stay safe this weekend...lots of overly happy irish people out there. :scared:

shogun323

Originally Posted by scorpiojkd
let me know how the florida aquarium (tampa) is. we've been wanting to take the kids there and wondered how it was. I was up in Atlanta recently and walked by their aquarium but didnt have time to go in

I finally went to the tampa aquarium a few months back. I liked it but I expected more.

S

scorpiojkd

"the FCATS ... what a pain in the b*** that two weeks was. "
I have two kids (7 and 5). Luckily I don't have to deal with the FCAT because we homeschool.
That sounds like a fun trip. We are going to be up in Orlando and Tampa that same weekend. My wife is doing the in-line marathon at Disney and we are going to hit Busch Gardens on the way back.

S

scorpiojkd

shogun-
If the Tampa Aq has at least one tank my kids will be happy. :)

shogun323

Originally Posted by scorpiojkd
shogun-
If the Tampa Aq has at least one tank my kids will be happy. :)
How funny!! I think your kids will love it.
For me, I will definately go again because I live 25 minutes away and they have a great leafy seadragon display. I could watch them all day!!

floridabob

sea gems .... hi
i go up to melbourne to nahakys aquarium.
good info and nice corals their but a little pricey. also theirs a new store opening called ROCKSTAR on us1 next to COUNTRY HAM & EGGS.should reopen in a week or two.
what kind of set up do you have would love to exchange ideas as im still a newbie 1 & 1/2 years and still learning !!!
bob

seagems

My boyfriend and I have a 55 gallon reef tank at our house with a small 35gal? sump. I actually posted you because I am co-owner of Rockstar..I'm glad you are informed of our re-opening
I am a newbie too (since November of last year) so I am trying to learn as much as I can! I think we have learned mostly from trial-and-error :happyfish