For Aw2, And Some Open Questions

J

jcrim

Originally Posted by puffer24/7
jcrim need some help asap, i have just touched my motor coming off my wet/dry is it normal for it to be hot, i have never touched it before but it is hot help me out please, everything seems to be working fine
My pumps get a little warm sometimes... I don't think it's a huge problem unless the pump is burning out or unless it raises the tank temp. too much. It may be an old pump that will have to be replaced in the near future.

mitzel

I'm not sure of your set up but if posible stop the pump and flow thru it and make sure there is nothing binding it up and causing it to load up and over heat . it could be as simple as some crap cloging up your return.

J

jcrim

You generally don't have to replace pumps often at all (years) but you do have to clean them out every couple months.
BTW, mitzel, that is NOT what I pictured you to look like. :scared:

mitzel

Ok
shut off the pump. close both of the ball valves , take the lines off and look in to the pump to make sure there is nothing in it that might be binding it up. you might have to take it apart just besure to keep track of how it goes together .maybe use a toothbrush to scrub it out a bit. you might also want to pick up a small desk fan and point it at the pump just to keep some air flowing around it to cool it some . It doesn't look like there is much room for cool air to be brought into the area under the tank. try leaving that door open for a bit.

J

jcrim

Originally Posted by mitzel
what exactly did you expect ?
Kind of like the old "Pat" character from saturday night live. LOL

turningtim

Puffer, How hot is hot? Can you keep your hand on the pump? Basically the harder the pump has to work the hotter its going to get. Restriction in the line will get it hot but there is a normal operating temp. Pumps are motors so they are bound to get warm. Has your tank temp raised at all? It looks like you have a pretty sweet set-up so I doubt that you have a pumping issue. I mean if its NASA hot then theres a problem.
mitzel, Cute little girl but whos the mook next to her????
:hilarious

BTW you got mail
Tim