For Aw2, And Some Open Questions

mitzel

you do have power heads in your tank right? if so you can turn the pump off but get to fixing it first thing in the morning.

turningtim

puffer, no need to freak out. If your pump says it shuts down at 214 then it will do so. That is there for its own protection. Has the tank temp changed? Is the flow coming out of the returns normally? Can you see any visable restriction in the line?

turningtim

well for tonight I agree with mitzel as long as you have flow you should be good for the night but get on it first thing. I'm sure that it would shut off pretty darn close to that. Again it for its own protection and yours. Take it apart and see whats up.

turningtim

Those clear vinyl line will get crudy b/c of algea. No worries about that. Next time use spa-flex. A fan would help. do you have a/c in the house? just some air movement should improve the temp.

turningtim

The water behind the pump (wet/dry) shouldn't have anything to do with it as long as there is water available to pump. Its what is in front of the pump (head pressure) that makes the pump work hard. I guess if you haven't had a big change in tank temp and you never noticed it before and its a new pump chances are that its fine. Put a fan on it and keep the stand door open and try and get some sleep. As long as you have backwash room in you sump IF the pump quits then no worries! Fix it in the morning when you have a clear head and time to deal with it.
Relax and go get some sleep.