For Aw2, And Some Open Questions

unleashed

psusocr1
{QUOTE}
4. When i start my protein skimmer up tomm. where should the water level rise too? where should the bubbles start? im nervous to start it up yet becuse the pump that came with it looks like its gunan throw ALOT of water through that skimmer!
i just realised this this part of your post you also stated this was an out of sump skimmer.I hope you having working right now but if not quick question for you.where is you skimmer located is it level with your sump? or is it above water level.I have venturi protein skimmer I dont know if same rule applies with all out of sump skimmers but for better skimmer it should be placed above the sump water level. I also have the water flowing onto the drip tray from the skimmer seams to work well

psusocr1

hey unleashed thanks for taking the time to read that far back..
this is a crazy story with my skimmer but anyway...i was going crazy trying to figure this out , so after playign with it for about 4 days it works like a CHARM..and what i realized through all of this is that
1. i needed about a 4 inch block to elevate my skimmer!
2. My pluming was too long and had one two many elbows on it, which was seriously restricting flow causing my skimmer to not function properly,,especially the height of the water in the skimmer.
3, i took the elbow off of the return pipe from the skimmer that was going into my 3rd chamber with the clean water and i cut the pipe to drain into my drip tray. once i cut the pipe the water level rose and more bubbles started to appear but not enough. Once i had put thepipe into my drip tray i attached a 90 degree elbow so that it wouldnt splash and be loud, once i did that it cut off ALOT of flow..Thus,, i took the elbow off , cut the pipe a bit shorter and now the thing has MAXIMUM flow and works EXCELLENT!! all i had to do was place a small square of filter floss below the water and it doesnt splash or make noise!!
ill post some pics

unleashed

good deal ,glad you got it all figured out.I usually make hubby do all my equipment but sometimes I pay attention lol

psusocr1

o.k so the mon, tues. wed. my ammonia and nitrate/nitrites were jumping around,, now the last 2 days everythign is at 0...ph is at 8.2 temp is at 82..
is my cycle done?? its been goin for about 3 weeks ?? i still have all of my snails, slugs, crabs and 2 damsels..
im going to the bahamas january 3rd to the 13th
so i will not be adding any fish until after that if my cycle is done.
also did anyone ever go away ,such as the bahamas, and bring anythign home or ship anythign home for their tanks?

my way

Originally Posted by puffer24/7
how big are u jcrim just wonderin. i think u might have little man syndrom like ja rule who thinks he can take on the world also like napoleon, ur not french by any chance are u

Sorry jcrim but thatwas funny as hell!

mitzel

I wouldn't try it . YOu can introduce things to your tank such as pathogens and that wouldn't be good.

psusocr1

no, i dont mean go scubadiving and catch stuff. im pretty sure i can go to jail or pay some pretty heavy fines for that witout a permit. i just meant if they have stores out there