Forum Problems (Technical Difficulties)

beth

Administrator
Staff member
A place to list out any remaining technical problems we are still having.
Myself, I can not use the Rich Text Editor, which reduces my use of several forum features.

btldreef

I can't edit if I'm on a Mac or my iPhone. Sometimes I just can't edit at all, but it happens much more with Apple technology.
I can't add pictures unless I use Mozilla or Safari. The screen just says "Please wait" and freezes
My text recently changed and is now much smaller (hard to read).
I have to click on new threads 3-4 times before they open, if they open at all. This only starting occurring in this past week.
The copy/paste feature SUCKS, just saying.

monsinour

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///forum/thread/386847/forum-problems-technical-difficulties#post_3399937
I can't edit if I'm on a Mac or my iPhone. Sometimes I just can't edit at all, but it happens much more with Apple technology.
I can't add pictures unless I use Mozilla or Safari. The screen just says "Please wait" and freezes
My text recently changed and is now much smaller (hard to read).
I have to click on new threads 3-4 times before they open, if they open at all. This only starting occurring in this past week.
The copy/paste feature SUCKS, just saying.
2 things, it sounds like safari is not being nice to you. 2, due to the horrid copy/paste, this forum as removed the awesome feature of chrome's right click spell checker.

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsinour http:///forum/thread/386847/forum-problems-technical-difficulties#post_3399964
2 things, it sounds like safari is not being nice to you. 2, due to the horrid copy/paste, this forum as removed the awesome feature of chrome's right click spell checker.
This forum definitely isn't Safari friendly, which is pathetic IMO. I hate the copy/past feature on this forum, it's really terrible, especially on a forum where sharing information is key.

meowzer

The only problems I still have are 80% of the time when I go to reply I get a grey screen and have to refresh before it will let me type anything :( Sometimes this happens with new posts and pm's too
I will add I HATE that we can only add one picture at a time...we use to be able to add five at one time

gemmy

I don't get emails for pm's or subscriptions or anything forum related. The right click spell check feature for chrome doesn't work.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a way to make fonts a bit larger? It is hard to read the forum with ease since the fonts are pretty small, including in posts.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
That also makes the screen big, so I have to scroll back and forth. It may be because I can only use the BB Editor here. I think the fonts are way below anything I see on other forums.

S

saxman

Can't post pix that show up in the thread from photobucket. The best I can do is put a link to them that MIGHT work.
Editing is a joke...can't use the right click mouse commands, so I either curse when I get the little error message or TRY to remember the keyboard CTL-whatever commands.

aquaknight

j
from photobucket
What's happening trying to work with photobucket? The link isn't copying? Or the pics never upload?

S

saxman

The pix never upload...it ends up looking like
. If I copy the direct link, and use the "add link" button, that will put a clickable link into the post, but that's the best I can get.

aquaknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxman http:///forum/thread/386847/forum-problems-technical-difficulties#post_3401364
The pix never upload...it ends up looking like
. If I copy the direct link, and use the "add link" button, that will put a clickable link into the post, but that's the best I can get.
Copy the direct url. Then click the picture icon in the reply section. After that pops up, click 'Image URL' Then paste the direct link into Import URL. The image will now be hosted by SWF and should post correctly.

S

saxman

That would be our juvie Scorpaenopsis diabolus AKA flasher/devil scorpionfish. The axillary surfaces of its pectorals are bight red/orange/yellow, and the fish "flashes" them to confuse/warn predators that it's packing venomous dorsal spines. It currently resides with our juvie P. radiata lionfish.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxman http:///forum/thread/386847/forum-problems-technical-difficulties#post_3401646
That would be our juvie Scorpaenopsis diabolus AKA flasher/devil scorpionfish. The axillary surfaces of its pectorals are bight red/orange/yellow, and the fish "flashes" them to confuse/warn predators that it's packing venomous dorsal spines. It currently resides with our juvie P. radiata lionfish.
Amazing as usual
NOW that you have the pic thing working, I sure hope we can get some updates

travelerjp98

I can't stand that you can't right-click spell check.
To make the text larger, just press on the ctrl button and while your pressing on that press the + sign.