Frag Swap 9/05

debbraey

KD, I misplaced dholmblad's email. Can you help in our contact? I checked mail a hundred timess today no frags and I have checked my email and there is no emails from dholmblad.
He may not be checking the post any more since he has gotten his frags.
THNX in advance.

scotts

I have officially given up on Dirtee147. Do not need to go into details but let me just say I ain't got nuthin and I have not heard anything. So if anyone is feeling some pity for me I sure would like to get something. I know I took care of KDFrosty be sending him 4 different zoos and some mushrooms. So you can see where I am feeling a little cheated on this deal.
I know Darknes was supposed to ship to him and not sure if that happened or not.
I am just looking to get something out of this deal. :help:
:help:
Scott
BTW my e-mail is skschneider@adelphia.net

darknes

Hey Scotts, you haven't heard from him yet??
That's unfortunate.
I just sent him my frags in the mail today....if I would've known, I would've sent to you instead.

debbraey

Thanks dholmblad, I will email you before the end of the day with all contact information.
My email is a wee bit messed up right now :scared:
SCOTTS
...OMG, I am so sorry! I don't quite feel that bad or discouraged. dholmblad contacted me early on and we exchanged information. And I have seen him here off and on again. Therefore, I still have faith.
I would be willing to take pity on you once I get mine from dholmblad as I used both of my containers for cynelson's frags (hopefully someone else can treat you as well as you did KD if they have a thermos). But mine would not match what you sent KD unless I have something majical happen in my tank!! Wish I could offer more. GOOD LUCK
NICE SCORE jacksdad!!!

scotts, drop me an email man. I gots a tank full, and i am going to see my buddy this weekend that has TONS of frags. I hook ya up man
mrme at circleofbrains dot com

Originally Posted by me-n-my-fish
scotts, drop me an email man. I gots a tank full, and i am going to see my buddy this weekend that has TONS of frags. I hook ya up man
mrme at circleofbrains dot com

BTW beaslbob, this email address was posted for scotts to use. You were banned from swf.com, and now you have the pleasure of being banned from sending me email.
Have a nice day

scotts

Thanks all for your concern. I did finally hear from Dirtee that he had shipped something on Tuesday. KD and Me-N-My I make take you up on your offers, but let's see if something shows up, also wait for the fire near us to be put out.
Then I can worry about things like frags.
Scott

cindyanne

My package finally arrived yesterday. The post office refused to deliver the box since it was marked 'LIVE ANIMALS' and there was water dripping from it. :thinking:
I had to pick it up from the PO, they had it in a container in a plastic bag and would only pick it up wearing gloves. Unfortunately, since the frags were shipped in a disposable rubbermaid container the lid popped off sometime during transportation and the water collapsed the box.
I do believe the suggested shipment was in a thermos so the water wouldn't leak out.

There was almost no water left in the baggies. The only item that might survive is something yellow on the rock -- hopefully it will make it. Nothing else is alive.
The other items were not only dead but the smell was deadly in itself. :mad: The note inside the box was illegible because it got wet and the ink ran.
I think there is a lesson to be learned here.

kdfrosty

Cindyanne-
I'm sorry to hear that everything didn't arrive safely. I too have received many frags/shipments wrapped in plastic bags with soaking boxes...I can relate. I talked to stuckinfla about it all, and it seems that she truly did try her best.
Besides that, she sent you LOTS of stuff including 2 different types of mushrooms, an encrusting mickey mouse pavona, and a rock with yellow polyps & a yellow toadstool. I'm sure by looking at this list that StuckinFla had good intentions when sending out her frags to you.
Next time when this happens please try to work it out with your trading partner rather than posting a negative post right away. I am 100% positive that Stuckinfla would've accomodated you however she could.
Either way, you either have a yellow toadstool, or yellow polyps that will survive....both are darn hearty specimens.

scotts

Just for everybody's information I never received anything from Dirtee147. At the start I received so some good e-mails from him, then as time went on the e-mails changed and let's just say I got nuthin! I know I probably let this go on too long, but I feel I gave him every chance to make good and it did not happen. Just so that people know I would NOT recommend Dirtee147 as a trading partner.
KD, I think I will be hitting you up for a frag, just so that I get something out of this deal.
I think I have to wash my mouth out now, I have a bad taste right now.
Scott

kdfrosty

Scotts/Debbraey-
Please make sure you post some negative feedback at this thread meant for leaving feedback:
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/sho...hlight=feedback
I went through this thread before the swap originally started to make sure that nobody involved had negative feedback. Once I see the posts in there we can talk more about you two being compensated for the time, effort, livestock, and honesty that you've put in to the frag swap.

debbraey

dholmblad, 4 of the 6 zoos you sent last week may make it. They arrived today and had to be retrieved from the post office. The ziplock theory didn't work. Thank you for making sure something was shipped. What color are they? I have them in isolation so I can nurse 'em
Originally Posted by KDFrosty
Scotts/Debbraey-
Please make sure you post some negative feedback at this thread meant for leaving feedback:
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/sho...hlight=feedback
compensated for the time, effort, livestock, and honesty that you've put in to the frag swap.

I got a note and had to go to the post office. I picked up a box. We just opened it up.
Umm...there was no water left in the zip lock baggies
and it was almost as if someone had sucked all the air out of 'em then sealed 'em. (well thought they had seled 'em) Water was emmediately apparent, then inside was a ziplock in another ziplock with 2 lose zoos reddish or brownish cannot really tell they couldn't be saved, though there are 4 more zoos on a small LR that I am in hopes will maybe survive. They are 4 plump little suckers (I think red maybe brown) and I hope I can nurse them to health. Can zoos survive out of the water a long length of time?????
It was post marked Sept. 28th. I will send pics as soon as they are doing something rather it be good or bad.

BTW
the thermos held the water and the box was not soggy but when we opened the thermos the water smelled awful but the water did not leak out! In any case other than not really following the shipping suggestions and being quite a while after agreed shipping, I do not feel it warrants negative feedback. I think it comes down to preferrence. The better question is "Do you wish to trade with the same people again?"
Do keep me in mind for the next one. Though, remember from experience unless I am sure of delivery I will wait for mine then will ship my own for my own benefit & sanity
no offense to anyone. And I did get a delivery after all! POOR SCOTTS has gotten nothing dead or else wise.
And BTW I do still thank you for arranging everything.

trueladyme

please email us if you are looking for rare coral or frags . info@godscreationsunderthesea.com you can leave your number and we will return your call or you may email us. we will also answer any hobby questions you have. we are a expereinced saltwater store. we would also be intrstedin buying or trading coral frags with you.