Free Coralline Chips

T

thomas712

Yep! mines on the way :)
So if I get New York coralline algea, will my fish be Yankee fans :D
Thomas

tahoe ocean

I sent the check today, but I still think I'm gonna owe you more for postage. What kind of cookies do you like? Maybe I'll send you a care package.:D

Originally posted by Bang Guy
ummmm... I believe it's in my signature ;)

I want some tooo alot :D How do I get in contac ....
any ways if is not too much trouble, email me unstead
at crjer@aol.com thanks.... than we work it out!

ags

Bang Guy, I sent you an email but forgot to ask about payment. Email me back and let me know. Any extra critters you want to sell is cool with me too.:D Ags

bang guy

Hi all,
There was a question about what will be sent out. I am giving away Coralline chips to members of Saltwaterfish.Com. This has nothing to do with the store I'm just donating coralline to members to either give them a starter culture of coralline or add diversity.
Coralline is a calcarious (calcium carbonate based) algae that encrusts rocks. Some people like the purple/pink look of the rocks, I like the fact that undesireable algae doesn't grow where coralline has gained a foothold.
The experiment was a one month period of time where I didn't scrape the algae off a single pane of glass to measure growth rate. Here's a picture indicating the color and texture of the coralline you will be receiving. In addition, this pane of glass has accumulated quite a following of copepods. There will be no way to avoid getting copepods along with the coralline, an added bonus.

entice59

i just sent my email. Thanks bang guy for sharing:D, now i dont have to deal with this horrible looking green corline in my tanks

cadbury

I also sent you out a check today, but my question is once I recieve it, how do I introduce it to the tank? Just set it in certain spots?

Yep, just spread them around.
--- Jason Morton wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> Thanks Guy!!
> My tank really needs this. I also have a question.
> What is the best way to
> get the chips to propagate? Do i Just dump it in the
> tank and hope for the
> best?
> Sarah
Hope to save Guy some time
:D :D