FREE Fish Food To The First 5 People:

meowzer

Originally Posted by Speg
http:///forum/post/3259007
There is a way to do things right and wrong. This person is doing it wrong, and just giving your address to anybody on the internet is questionable for sure. This guy won't even answer simple questions to potential customers?
Did this guy even talk to swf.com about offering this product or did they just come to these boards without even considering to talk to swf.com? I don't even know why I'm asking these questions since he won't answer them...
Did you read the first post?

speg

I've read it all.. are you talking about the part where he says he's "in the process of asking?" What does that even really mean? lol
I'm in the process of making a million dollars.. hold your breath.

florida joe

I am sure by now you have your five interested hobbyists. But you stated that you would also be sending those people “manufacturing details & nutritional information”. Can you post that information for all of us to see along with a picture of the packaging ?

cranberry

Why would you think he won't answer back? Why think the least of people?
I think he already stated where he stood with asking SWF... is the offer a little premature? Ya, maybe. Malicious? no. I'm sure the fact they have not yet heard back from SWF is why all the "Cloak and Dagger".
Yes, don't send your address to just anyone, not that our names and addresses aren't passed around and bought and sold a kazillion times a day already. But once you PM him and you get the info.... it's easy to look up who there are and the validily of their claim.

cranberry

A lot of up and coming products give you sneak peeks while not unfolding the whole details of a product until it's ready to be released. He's in the "getting ready to be released" stage and collecting consumer data. Based on consumer data, tweaks may be made to the product, if possible, to increase client satisfaction. It would be premature to "release" it now when it may or may not be the final product.
This guy is asking for NOTHING in return but an opinion. If it turns out to be cr@p... I'll say that. No harm done. No investment on my part. Win. Win.

R

rcreations

I personally wouldn't feed an unknown product to my fish, even for free. This is not a car I get to try out. Point is, I don't want to give something to fish that I've had for years that might make them sick. Would you eat a mixture of processed foods if I didn't tell you what was in it?

meowzer

Originally Posted by RCreations
http:///forum/post/3259029
I personally wouldn't feed an unknown product to my fish, even for free. This is not a car I get to try out. Point is, I don't want to give something to fish that I've had for years that might make them sick. Would you eat a mixture of processed foods if I didn't tell you what was in it?
LOL...that would be SPAM
(my husband eats that...NOT ME)

R

rcreations

But I know ahead of time what's in Rod's Food. It has a list of incredients on the back or I can go to their site to see what's in it.

cranberry

But he's not asking for anything except your opinion. The product and info shows up at your door. You like the ingredients and you use it... you don't like it and you don't use it.

meowzer

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3259035
But he's not asking for anything except your opinion. The product and info
shows up at your door. You like the ingredients and you use it... you don't like it and you don't use it.
I would try it as long as the info came with it...

R

rcreations

Save the extra step and list what's in it beforehand, what kind of food is it (frozen, pellets, etc). This way we can all decide ahead of time if we want to feed it to our fish.

meowzer

http:///forum/post/3259040
Save the extra step and list what's in it beforehand, what kind of food is it (frozen, pellets, etc). This way we can all decide ahead of time if we want to feed it to our fish.
I thought it was a gel of some sort

cranberry

http:///forum/post/3259040
Agreed. And I'm sure they now realize that would have been the better approach. But peeps are almost getting angry up in here.

meowzer

This is what is listed under reef and fish
Additional & Nutritional Information
The 100% All Natural Seaweed Based Binding Agent Is Rich in Iodine & Other Trace Minerals which are excellent for your Marine Environment.
Contains NO Phosphates or Fillers…
High In Protein & Essential Trace Elements…
Everything Is 100% Edible By Your Tank Inhabitants…
Will Not Cloud Your Tank With Debris or Sediment…
Non-Polluting with little to no waste • Feeds your fish, corals & inverts
Wont settle in the nooks and crannies • Reduces phosphates & contaminates
Allows fish to graze naturally for hours • Can easily be used to target feed corals
Ends up in your livestock, not your filter • You clean your skimmer & sump less
ABOUT ½ THE PRICE OF MOST FROZEN FOODS
Contains: Assorted Sea Vegetables, Shrimp, Mysis, Krill, Plankton, Golden Pearls, Decapsulated Brine Shrimp Eggs, Garlic, Selcon, Rotifers, Vitamins, Fish Meal, fish Eggs, Amino Acids, Spirulina Algae, And Other Vitamins Such as Astaxanthin, Beta Carotene, Canthaxanthin, Omega 3 Fatty Acids, and other vitamins design to target specific coloration of fish and Battle Internal Parasites… May contain other additional products of nutritional value.

R

rcreations

That list of ingredients looks good. Where did you get the info? I didn't see him post it... or did I miss the link somewhere?