Gaze Upon the Cuteness

mimzy

Blue, the tank is a 12 gallon, and it looks absolutely SHAMEFUL in those pix. I just don't understand why it came out looking green!!
Ala - how're those kitties doing? Still shaving them bare? Post pix, you "odd duck." LoL...odd duck. I LOVE it!!! :joy: :joy:
I'm so glad everyone likes looking at our new little one!! - I managed to snap a few more of her this afternoon. Sorry they're so fuzzy... she's NEVER very still!
I couldnt find Lilly ANYWHERE - I was looking all the hiding places our older cat (the one in my avatar) uses and she just wasn't anywhere to be seen. I plopped down on the couch trying to think of where I last saw her, and behold; there she was.
Fate sometimes puts our camera in really convenient places

mimzy

HAH!! thank you. but I just don't see how that could POSSIBLY be true. It may not actually be as green as it is in the pix, but it HAS been neglected. October did aweful things to my ENTIRE LIFE.
I've got to get a whole slew of new testing equipment and start a series of massive water changes... ::sigh:: I've got some cyano that my hermies just can't handle.
I've only got 2 types of corals - DYING to get more, but must wait 'till water stabilizes.
It's cute, but it needs a lotta work if it's going to look GOOD.

snailheave

Originally Posted by Mimzy
::sigh:: I've got some cyano that my hermies just can't handle.
so has my tank. i am battling it and no one's really winning.
did you get sick?

mimzy

No...well, I've got a cold NOW, but that only came 2 days ago. October was a HUGE month for holidays.... Rosh Hashana, Yom Kippur, Sukkot, Simchat Torah... there were like 7 days the whole month we didn't have to be in Synagogue.
It meant planning meals, inviting people over, dealing with family, dealing with guests, having to basically MOVE into my parents house in Philly for the whole month to help cook and prepare....oh lordy I can hardly TALK about it without feeling unbelievably tired.
Everything fell by the wayside, and now I've got a stress-cold when I'm finaly able to relax. :mad:

mimzy

took the 'gals to the vet today - Whisky for her distemper and rabies boosters and baby Lilly for her first checkup, second distemper and deworming.
Lilly was AWESOME, she actually LIKES the car, and I make sure her carrier is out a lot and that she plays in it so she doesn't have the aweful fear of boxes that our older cat has.
Does anyone else have a cat that doesn't speak to them for a week after a visit to the vet?

keleighr

DANG my reginal boss has been here two days in a row and she is supposed to be here tomorrow too!!!!!! CRUD
Take away form my on line chatting HOW dare she!!!!!

mimzy

oooh gorgeous! a blue cream tabby!!!
what is his/her name??
Lilly's stripes r really dark black, and her main color is a medium brown - almost an olive color. I can't get the colors to come out right with our digicam - I'm getting very fed up with that thing. Anyhow, she's pretty much a classic brown spotted tabby.
Your kitty is beautiful - I love the muted blue. Cats come in awesome shades.

mimzy

the color "grey," when you're talking about dog or cat coats, is refered to as "blue."
for example... this cat is a breed known as Russian Blue.

fishking

the first pic is our cat, his name it kitty....yes yes i know its original=P....in this pic he took his little bowl of catnip and flipped it and rolled in it, the second was one we had until my mom didnt like 2 cats so she gave him away

snailheave

Originally Posted by Mimzy
the color "grey," when you're talking about dog or cat coats, is refered to as "blue."
no that's not true. the litter i picked tiffy out there was a kitten that had shaded silver/blue.