Getting to know you... getting to know all about you!

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by Danish
Hi all

Well I(Susanne) am new here and here - moved to USA 7 years ago with husband and child and got my first tank in Jan 2005. Our neighbors had to move cross country and had to get rid of their 46 gallon tank
:cheer:
We have a pair of clowns(Nemo and Marlina), a Majestic Angel(Angel) a Foxface(Foxy) and a bunch of inverts. We also have 2 kids(daughter 5 and son 9) and 1 Siberian Husky(Jossy looking for a playmate) :jumping: :jumping:
We did not know what we were getting in to but are now looking for a bigger tank for our little friends(I know we learned trough you guys that the tank is to small for the fish) so I guess we to are fishaholics

We also have a Siberian Husky, she's red & white with green eyes. They're wonderful dogs!!! :cheer: Nice to meet you by the way..

mr.p

Wow some people get Married early 22/23 too early for me lol. I'm 20 and I've been into fish my whole life but it's been freshwater. I have a 20 gallon freshwater tank in my room i've had it for 6 years. My dad and I decided to do a project instead of gambling it all away at the Horse Racing track
so we took up the saltwater hobby about 4 or so months ago and ever since then my love for fish has returned. I have a toby puffer/foxface/dot dash butterfly/coral beauty and two nemos in my 65 gallon. I just bought a 16 gallon which is cycling right now =( man I can't wait for it to cycle I want some firefish!!! grrr. I've also been with my gf for 2 1/2 years and my name is Paolo
Go Warriors!

evieb

Hi everyone! My name is Eva and I have a 55gal. tank I started in Feb. I love this
hobby although I've had to slow down a bit because of the $$$.
I am 47, divorced,
and still raising two of my children who are girls 10 and 14. My three oldest are married and on thier own and my 19 and 20yr old are in college. (Still have to send them $$$!)
I've had freshwater fish before and didn't think keeping saltwater fish would be much different.
:notsure: So after getting some bad advise from my lfs and after losing a
few critters, I finally found this site. I have learned so much here! :jumping: So to all those who have helped me before and to those who help me in the future a big THANK YOU!

Without your help my $$$ and fish would be down the drain by now!
Nice meeting all of you!

lradlbeck

HI Everyone!
My name is Liz and I am 25 years old - I got married this past April 16 to a wonderful man named Chris who is unbelievably supportive of my addiction to fish. We have 1 55 gal SW and a 35 gallon parrot fish(mama dad and about 100 babies right now) fw tank and a 37 gallon mixed species fw tank.
I have had my tank up since May and I have a black domino damsal, yellow tail blue damsal, 2 green chromis a royal gramma and a lawnmower blenny. I am quickly feeling the need to add more corals and have a hard time leaving the lfs without SOMETHING.
To support my habit I am a graphic designer for a sign company in Horsham, PA and I live in Doylestown (about an hour north of Philadelphia). In the rest of my free time (that the tanks don't eat up) I am working on a program to make sure that no marine goes "un-loved", "un-supplied" or with out mail while serving in Iraq. My dad was a Marine in Viet-Nam and expressed to us many times how good it felt to get mail. Well earlier this year when my cousin was deployed we began sending weekly packages. We are now up to about 20 "adopted" marines and it is growing by leaps and bounds - we are the self proclaimed "Marine Angels".
Well enough about me!
Happy Aquariums to all!!
Liz

jmick

Hi all, great thread! John here, I’m 30 and I’ve been married for 2 years to a wonderful woman who really supports my addiction. We have a 7 month old little boy (my avatar and no, I didn’t let him eat the dog biscuit). We also have a 4 year old mastiff mix and a 2 year old fila brasileiro. I’ve been in the hobby for the past 6 years and grew up with oscar tanks. In my tank I have a pair of Clarkii Clowns, a jawfish and a Scott’s Fairy Wrasse.

hot883

Originally Posted by shorty
hott883 my husband was also in the marines for 4yrs. Hed did some trainning in kuwait for 6mo.
I feel his pain. Ha!

hot883

Originally Posted by lRadlbeck
HI Everyone!
My name is Liz and I am 25 years old - I got married this past April 16 to a wonderful man named Chris who is unbelievably supportive of my addiction to fish. We have 1 55 gal SW and a 35 gallon parrot fish(mama dad and about 100 babies right now) fw tank and a 37 gallon mixed species fw tank.
I have had my tank up since May and I have a black domino damsal, yellow tail blue damsal, 2 green chromis a royal gramma and a lawnmower blenny. I am quickly feeling the need to add more corals and have a hard time leaving the lfs without SOMETHING.
To support my habit I am a graphic designer for a sign company in Horsham, PA and I live in Doylestown (about an hour north of Philadelphia). In the rest of my free time (that the tanks don't eat up) I am working on a program to make sure that no marine goes "un-loved", "un-supplied" or with out mail while serving in Iraq. My dad was a Marine in Viet-Nam and expressed to us many times how good it felt to get mail. Well earlier this year when my cousin was deployed we began sending weekly packages. We are now up to about 20 "adopted" marines and it is growing by leaps and bounds - we are the self proclaimed "Marine Angels".
Well enough about me!
Happy Aquariums to all!!
Liz
THANKS Liz for supporting OUR troops. God Bless you
:happyfish

J

jdragunas

OH BOY OH BOY!!! I knew this was going to be a great thread!!!
Well, nice to meet you, Ray, Carla, John, Lisa, Michael, Don, Susanne, Mr. P, Eva, Liz, and John!!! Gosh, i leave work for the night, and all this happens, i can't keep up. The weekend is gonna be a killer for me. Yes, i do this at work. I work for my father, though, so it's not a big deal. Forgot to mention, i partially own a

[hr]
company to support the addiction. My hubby is really supportive too. He's getting really into it! It's soooo contagious (sp?).
Gotta catch up! BTW, Aaron, good luck with that engagement ring thing... It'll probably be the most difficult thing you'll ever have to do... that is saving money for it and not spending it on fish... lol

Michael, I love birds, but the hubby is allergic to EVERYTHING! Even "hypo-allergenic" dogs!!! I'm so sad
I've had golden retrievers my entire life, and now i can't have a puppy. I've always wanted a big bird too, but can't have that either... That's kinda what got me into fish... Aw, who am i kidding? I got into saltwater because of Finding Nemo. I wanted a tank to imitate the dentist's, but after a lot of research, found out the tankmates wouldn't be compatible
. Oh well... i'm very happy with my tank. Just got 10 nassarius snails last night, didn't realize they were so small...
Susanne, that is a beautiful dog!!! Great tank too! You as well, barry, that's a beautiful 55. One day i'll post pics of my tank and inhabitants... one day.

Mr. P, there's nothing wrong with being married young...lol. I rushed through college and graduated a year earlier to get married earlier, and i would do it again in a heartbeat! BTW, you didn't give us your name...
I'm so glad this is such a popular thread! Hope to hear from many more of you!!!
OOOHHH, i forgot to mention, i get to go to Cedar Point tonight!!! For those of you who don't know, cedar point is the #1 amusement park in the united states, 8 years running. It has the tallest, the fastest, and the best roller coasters ever! It's got a roller coaster called the topthrill dragster, it's amazing. it's at a 90 degree angle, so you go straight down. If you want, go to www.cedarpoint.com, you can check out all of the coasters there. Go to the "inside the park" link, and you can see all of the coasters. The millenium force is sweet too! Maybe it can be your next vacation too!
Jenn

mr.p

Yup there isn't anything wrong at all with getting Married young!
Not for me though I like being a kid, sounds bad but I can't help it lol. As I get older I know my Saltwater Fish will make me feel like a kid over and over again. My name Is Paolo and you should know this thread would take off, all people need is someone to ask them to give some information about their self then boom! 100 replay thread.

J

jdragunas

Yep! everyone loves to talk about their fish, i figured, there should be somewhere for them to do that!
I'm still a kid... just married too... lol! The hubby is a bigger kid, you should see his "art" room. Full of comic books, toys, video games, anime movies... he's still stuck at age 13!!! lol!
Jenn

mr.p

Being mature in the mind but a kid at heart is the way to go.
When I used to buy freshtwater fish at my lfs I would never go into the saltwater section to look at fish because they were too beautiful and it killed me that I couldn't have any of those fish. lol. But now all I can think about is Saltwater fish, it consumes me that's why I'm always on this board lol.

J

jdragunas

lol, me too! I'm in a depression right now, because i went to the best LFS i've ever seen in my life! They have like 100 50 gal tanks with about half full of fish, and the other HALF of corals!!! They were sooo beautiful... i'm so sad i can't have any right now!

This is the best hobby ever, though. I also scrapbook, but that's not nearly as fun as my fishies!!!
Jenn

carshark

I am going to have to disagree with you about cedar point though, I lived in Cincinnati for about 8 years, and Paramount's Kings Island is the No.1 theme park....he he matter of opinion, but if you can make it down to cincinnati you must go there, i assure you, you will not be disappointed...I have been to cedar point and the "magnum" is a blast but unless you ride the "beast" you havent lived.. a 10 minute wooden roller coaster that i might add is the longest wooden coaster in the world(65 mph) awesome awesome, and the coolest part is that a lot of the rides there are based around movies, and cartoons that paramount has the right to, it is an awesome park, and it was cool because we always had season passes so i got spoiled pretty bad...
also a massive water park, train that takes you all over the park, and a huge ampitheater that many great musical artists tour in. here is an overview of the park
http://www.pki.com/
Originally Posted by jdragunas
OH BOY OH BOY!!! I knew this was going to be a great thread!!!
Well, nice to meet you, Ray, Carla, John, Lisa, Michael, Don, Susanne, Mr. P, Eva, Liz, and John!!! Gosh, i leave work for the night, and all this happens, i can't keep up. The weekend is gonna be a killer for me. Yes, i do this at work. I work for my father, though, so it's not a big deal. Forgot to mention, i partially own a

[hr]
company to support the addiction. My hubby is really supportive too. He's getting really into it! It's soooo contagious (sp?).
Gotta catch up! BTW, Aaron, good luck with that engagement ring thing... It'll probably be the most difficult thing you'll ever have to do... that is saving money for it and not spending it on fish... lol

Michael, I love birds, but the hubby is allergic to EVERYTHING! Even "hypo-allergenic" dogs!!! I'm so sad
I've had golden retrievers my entire life, and now i can't have a puppy. I've always wanted a big bird too, but can't have that either... That's kinda what got me into fish... Aw, who am i kidding? I got into saltwater because of Finding Nemo. I wanted a tank to imitate the dentist's, but after a lot of research, found out the tankmates wouldn't be compatible
. Oh well... i'm very happy with my tank. Just got 10 nassarius snails last night, didn't realize they were so small...
Susanne, that is a beautiful dog!!! Great tank too! You as well, barry, that's a beautiful 55. One day i'll post pics of my tank and inhabitants... one day.

Mr. P, there's nothing wrong with being married young...lol. I rushed through college and graduated a year earlier to get married earlier, and i would do it again in a heartbeat! BTW, you didn't give us your name...
I'm so glad this is such a popular thread! Hope to hear from many more of you!!!
br />
OOOHHH, i forgot to mention, i get to go to Cedar Point tonight!!! For those of you who don't know, cedar point is the #1 amusement park in the united states, 8 years running. It has the tallest, the fastest, and the best roller coasters ever! It's got a roller coaster called the topthrill dragster, it's amazing. it's at a 90 degree angle, so you go straight down. If you want, go to www.cedarpoint.com, you can check out all of the coasters there. Go to the "inside the park" link, and you can see all of the coasters. The millenium force is sweet too! Maybe it can be your next vacation too!
Jenn

J

jdragunas

Originally Posted by carshark
I am going to have to disagree with you about cedar point though, I lived in Cincinnati for about 8 years, and Paramount's Kings Island is the No.1 theme park....he he matter of opinion, but if you can make it down to cincinnati you must go there, i assure you, you will not be disappointed...I have been to cedar point and the "magnum" is a blast but unless you ride the "beast" you havent lived.. a 10 minute wooden roller coaster that i might add is the fastest wooden coaster in the world(75 mph) awesome awesome, and the coolest part is that a lot of the rides there are based around movies, and cartoons that paramount has the right to, it is an awesome park, and it was cool because we always had season passes so i got spoiled pretty bad...
also a massive water park, train that takes you all over the park, and a huge ampitheater that many great musical artists tour in. here is an overview of the park
http://www.pki.com/
Hmmm... fastest roller coaster in the world, huh? i beg to differ. Cedar point in 2003 opened it's "topthrill dragster" which is the fastest coaster in the world at 120 mph! also the tallest at 420 feet...
Cedar point also recently opened the nearby castaway bay, with an elaborate enclosed waterpark with a five-story structure featuring a vaulted wood ceiling that covers a natural setting of palm trees, huts, inland lagoons and plenty of wet and wild water adventure.
They also have soak city water park at cedar point, and a train that goes around the entire park. The magnum is old news, man. You gotta go again! Cedar point has the most coasters of any amusement park in the WORLD! cedar point is way better! lol. And the #1 amusement park in the world thing is a fact, it was voted by a survey conducted by "Amusement Today" It also received two "golden ticket" awards in 2004 for the "best of the best" by "Amusement Today".
Your opinion is sooo outdated!!! LMAO!

But on a more serious note, thanks for the input, i'll definately go to King's island sometime. My family's been there, but not me
. Oh well.
Jenn

mr.p

The guy at my LFS said this is around the time more fish start coming in. Is that true? He said things have been more limited because of the heat. Maybe just for my LFS i'm not sure, obviously those big ones Jenn was talking about don't have that problem. But is this a good time when more fish start coming in to lfs? or is it just in certain areas. Of course he also said when it starts getting cold then yeah same thing as summer.

J

jdragunas

I'm not quite sure, my LFS is *****, and their shipments are pretty regular... Sorry!
Jenn

mr.p

No problemo I was just wondering about that. Grrr time to go to Class, Man I hate that I really feel like just watching my fish and reading about fish this morning lol. ( oh well) take care ppl.