Getting to know your fellow hobbyist

K

kikithemermaid

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
http:///forum/post/2776473
If you don't mind me asking, what does schizophrenia mean?
I don't mind. Wikipedia isn't the best source (but thank you jenny!), someone who has it is, so if you want to ask a question you may.

jeanheckle

Originally Posted by kikithemermaid
http:///forum/post/2776423
My real name is Courtney. I am a marine biology major at college here in Santa Barbara. I work at an aquarium here and am also a violin teacher. I dance ballet professionally. I am 20 years old, I have 2 cats, a dog, and a 29 gal. I moved here from Chicago in December and really miss it.
Also...I have schizophrenia. That was hard for me to say, considering my last bf left me when he found out, but I'm trying to be more open about it.
My son works in the ER of a major hospital here that gets all of the Psychiatric patients and he handles most of the one on ones with the patients. When ever someone gets embarrassed he tells them.."there isn't one person walking around that isn't dealing with some sort of disorder"
It was brave of you to say, you look beautiful and healthy and if your last bf couldn't handle it, I would see he had some psych issues to leave someone as accomplished as you!!

k9_wolf

I'm new to the site
My name is Dan I'm 48 and married to a wonderful woman who is as crazy as i am. outside of my love for SWF I am a dog trainer I have two German Shepard's and a golden retriever I also specialize in Shepard/wolf mixes
that explains my user and avatar
I'm looking forward to knowing all of you a little better!
Great thread leopard babe!

leopard_babe

wow, I love the response.
It seems like many of the people here are VERY young. Being that I am 23 and many of you are all still in high school. lol
Finding shark teeth sounds like alot of fun. I grew up in michigan on an island. Yes there are islands in michigan. I might be lucky if I found sand, haha, so finding shark teeth sounds amazing!!
So I have a little boy that is the love of my life. 17 months. Here he is!
My dream car is a viper. When I graduated nursing school I lived at home with my parents and was making descent money, so I bought my first car. It was a mazda rx8. She was my baby. When I became pregnant I no longer fit behind the stearing wheel. And it just wasn't safe for my son to ride in. It sat about 4-6 inches off the ground. So in a big snow, that car was not going anywahere. So it is the closest thing that I will ever have to a viper
rt/10.
My grandpa was in WWII. He was on the beach at normandy. Ok is case you didn't know I can't spell at all. Anyways, he was an english teacher and he wrote a book that we are trying to have published. My grandpa built bridges in the war. He is in Tom Brokoaw's book the greatest generation. Ok I'm done now.
Attachment 209843
Attachment 209844

hlcroghan

Originally Posted by Leopard_babe
http:///forum/post/2776789
It seems like many of the people here are VERY young. Being that I am 23 and many of you are all still in high school. lol
Finding shark teeth sounds like alot of fun. I grew up in michigan on an island. Yes there are islands in michigan. I might be lucky if I found sand, haha, so finding shark teeth sounds amazing!!
My dream car is a viper. When I graduated nursing school I lived at home with my parents and was making descent money, so I bought my first car. It was a mazda rx8. She was my baby. When I became pregnant I no longer fit behind the stearing wheel. And it just wasn't safe for my son to ride in. It sat about 4-6 inches off the ground. So in a big snow, that car was not going anywahere. So it is the closest thing that I will ever have to a viper
rt/10.
My grandpa was in WWII. He was on the beach at normandy. Ok is case you didn't know I can't spell at all. Anyways, he was an english teacher and he wrote a book that we are trying to have published. My grandpa built bridges in the war. He is in Tom Brokoaw's book the greatest generation. Ok I'm done now.
Attachment 209843
Attachment 209844
Wow he is just a dolly!! I am overcome by the cuteness!! Beautiful little boy. The car's not bad either.

K

kikithemermaid

Originally Posted by jeanheckle
http:///forum/post/2776654
My son works in the ER of a major hospital here that gets all of the Psychiatric patients and he handles most of the one on ones with the patients. When ever someone gets embarrassed he tells them.."there isn't one person walking around that isn't dealing with some sort of disorder"
It was brave of you to say, you look beautiful and healthy and if your last bf couldn't handle it, I would see he had some psych issues to leave someone as accomplished as you!!

Oh...thank you so much. You made my day.

gliderjohn

Originally Posted by jeanheckle
http:///forum/post/2776654
+1

teresaq

Hi im Teresa, I have 4 kids, three dogs, three cats, two fish tanks, and a wonderful husband of 20 yrs. I am a stay at home mom, ex foster parent and would love one more child before I'm too old.

T

leopard_babe

Teresa Q: You have a full house. lol Congrats on 20 years. You don't see that to often anymore. My parents are at 27 years.

bronco300

Originally Posted by Leopard_babe
http:///forum/post/2776789
rt/10.
heyyyyy, I've always wanted a viper....although my car has changed to wanting a Nissan Z350--another great one, and plus I think I realized the only time I'll be able to afford a viper, it'll have to be a flooded one that is worthless except to sit in the driveway,lol.
what book is your grandfather getting published?

socal57che

Originally Posted by Gliderjohn
http:///forum/post/2776220
I tried to do some research on the Shark Tooth Hill I remember. I was quite young at the time and there is no one left in the family that can give me the exact location. However, I found a couple of sites that refer to it.
members.aol.com/Waucoba5/sb/sharkbonebed.html
http://www.sharkteethrus.com/stuff/teeth/2usa-ca.htm
I don't know if it's open to the public anymore, but these sites will give some good information on it.
BTW I got your reference to the work release right off!

Thank you so much. Now I have to find someone with ties to the area!

devil dog

Ok something about me… Well my name is Mike I’m 28 I work for sc Johnson and I’m a landlord on the side well for the last 6 years I have four houses that I rent one 4 unit and three two units. With that and my 210g reef and my 85lbs Doberman Izzy I keep busy… lets see I’m 6’ 3” 235lbs… oh and i like to hunt... Here are some pic's...

saltn00b

Originally Posted by peachie98
http:///forum/post/2772006
My real name is Kristen.
I'm 33, and manage a show horse farm (been working with horses and animals forever). I grew up in the Chicago suburbs but moved to Florida 10 years ago for my job. I have: 2 cats, 1 dog, fish, 1 cockatiel, 2 turtles, and a horse.
Besides horses and animals, I really like american muscle cars. My life is pretty fun...I'm doing what I love and get to live in South Florida! Oh yeah...I'm also going "back" to school online through FIU's business program to get my bachelors in business (my agriculture degree can only get me so far! haha).
thats funny. you probably know my family, they own "Visby Products" Farrier supply store in wellington.