Getting to know your fellow hobbyist

tang master

My name is Nicholas, born an raised in Hollywood Califonia, but now live in Washington because I am a soon to be Navy seal in for training right now. I had a 55g reef tank setup for 3 years but am now moving to nanos(love the hobby, hate the room it takes up). Thanks alot and I hope to get to know alot of you.

nissan577

My name is Carlos. Born and raised in Miami Florida. Was gonna go to the USMC United states marine corps. i have 75g fowlr, 29 reef, 30 fowlr and a 3g graf. love swf. have been doing this for about 4-5 years. and a student at coral gables senior high. Class of 2010!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks alot

hlcroghan

Originally Posted by nissan577
http:///forum/post/2774131
My name is Carlos. Born and raised in Miami Florida. Was gonna go to the USMC United states marine corps. i have 75g fowlr, 29 reef, 30 fowlr and a 3g graf. love swf. have been doing this for about 4-5 years. and a student at coral gables senior high. Class of 2010!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks alot
nice car.

jeanheckle

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
http:///forum/post/2773311
lol no snow here in west texas lol. When it snows 1 inch everything gets shut down here work, school, shopping lol.
Thanks for the compliment (SP)! Yeah, but oh well life goes on!
UH OH Rebel is a pretty boy!!!

netimreefer

I am Tim just turned 29 in Nebraska like to play sports, and watch football. I am totally addicted to reefing and love the snow sorry everyone, but it is because I like to hunt and ski both better with snow!!

mr.m

Hello
My name is Mark Iam 49 years old have a 120. gal display and a 55 gal frag tank. born and rased in the south. on heavy meds for my back and will be in a chair befor 55 so thay say but no regrets . have a lovely wife tina and 3 kids 9 grand kids

MArk

A

alexa11

Hello! I'm Alex and I'm 28 years old. I have lived in 3 countries (Indonesia, US, Australia) and get stir crazy for travel often. I went to high school in Georgia and my first year of college at Univ. of Alabama. Then I went off to Australia to get my BA there. I have a degree in English and Film and Video, and I work in elementary special ed. Currently I am doing a one year degree in Environmental Management-sustainable water resources management. I have a cat named Ramses, a 20 gal reef, a 5 gal new to be reef, a 10 gal fresh tank, and a betta. I play the didjeridoo.

dplantz

My name is Ian and I love nanoreefs! Its so addicting and I would love nothing more than to make it a career (aquaculture, fishstore, whatever as long as Im near corals and clams
).I have been into saltwater since 10 and man it was hard then, with a 10g standard and some mushrooms and chromis. I have had 4 tanks over the years, a 10g starter, 29g, then a 40g, THEN a 55g, and now a Finnex 30g and frag/sump tank. I am almost 16 and live in the wonderful state of Texas. I love to run and would be right now if I didn't have mono
. I run XC at the varsity level, and the 400,800, and mile, with the 800 my personal favorite. I am a sophmore btw. I love reading and hanging out with my friends, goofing around, and making sure I have a good education (funny now to some, that is until im their boss someday
). If you want to see my whipping some kids in a 800m my freshman year with a 2:00 800m, click my name. Btw I passed out on the line. <-- by luck only

fenrir

My name is Chris and I am addicited to this expensive hobby! I live on Ohio but I am originally from South Carolina, which I hope to return to as soon as I graduate college. I have been in this hobby for two years and it looks like I am stuck with it for life. I work as a IT Network Secutiy for my city and love it! And I am aslo a huge Gamecock fan!

gliderjohn

Originally Posted by socal57che
http:///forum/post/2773296
Thanks for the info guys. While I'm on work release from Lompoc, I'm a stalker.

Lompoc?!(For those not familiar, it's pronounced Lompoke, not Lompock). Growing up, my uncle lived in Lompoc and worked at Vandenburg AFB. Visited him 3-4 times a year. He always had some interesting trip to take us on. Just to mention one was Shark Tooth Hill. About 20+ miles inland from the ocean, this ancient fossil bed contained tons of fossil shark teeth. Just a little digging and you could get quite a collection.
And then there was the bronze cannon his scuba diving club raised from the sunken reck of the "Yankee Blade".
Always something great going on. May he RIP. I miss him.

silverdak

alright I can play along too!
My Name is Collin and I am 19. Birthday is June 20th ('89) I have a 10g Fresh water tank and then my 14g SW cube. I live in CT... not much to do in this place as many fellow Ct people will tell you. I have been in a committed relationship for... god only knows how long haha almost 2 years I believe?? She is not only my best friend but an amazing person. I am currently a student at MCC (Manchester Community College) and will be transferring next year to CCSU (Centeral Conn. State Uni.) I drive a silver 2003 Dodge Dakota, and spend many hours messing around with it and adding some go faster parts to it :D I have recently started my collection of DVD's. I only have a couple dozen of them tho, but hey you have to start somewhere! besides the normal at home life I go out all the time with friends and just hang out or see how much trouble we can get into :D
anything else I didn't cover just ask
my truck in its most common state.. up on jacks getting worked on to go faster :D

then its go fast state

this trip might not have been 100% legal.. lol

gliderjohn

Porkchop48 - my father was born in Weirton, WV. My grandfather worked in the mines until he got blacklung disease. Just prior to WWII, my uncles were in the Navy and stationed in Southern California. The climate was drier there and better for grandpa's health so the moved out there in the mid to late 30's.
Never been to Weirton, but would like to know more about it.

paintballer768

This is fun.
My names Jeff, 18 years old. I attend Florida Atlantic University currently, and plan on getting a degree in Accounting (havent decided on the specifics yet). I like to play paintball (duh), and my tank and xbox are my stress relievers. I drive a 07 VW Jetta, and I dont know what else to say.
Ive been in fish tanks ever since I can remember. My dad had a 55 gallon, which seemed so big when you cant see over the stand. He had an underground filter, all the latest tech haha. He kept tangs and all that, not knowing any better. Ive had little freshwater tanks for my room, and this is the first tank where Ive taken time to research things, and Im extremely happy to say the least. I used to be a pretty addictive gamer, as sad as that sounds. My tank helps me keep my mind where it should be, and I love watching things thrive and feeding them and all the aspects of keeping a tank. As long as everybody gets along in there, then Im set :)
One of the youngins that can actually say, my parents have never bought me a thing for it. I work at Gamestop currently, always looking for a better job haha.
Sorry this sounds hella boring, bad writer for the win!

jerryatrick

My Name is Tom. I am 27 years old.
Beer, Pizza, Wings, Redskins, Sixers (both kinds), Phillies, Borat, Rocky, "The Office", "Weeds", My Weefe (1 year), Cats, Telemarketers and Pub Crawls.
Dislikes

Mowing the lawn, Tacos, Tyra Banks, Ivan Drago, Clubber Lang, Tommy Gunn, Cowboys, Anyone who knocks on my door, The neighbor kid and his friend Timmy.
I work for a bank and manage three offices in the Philadelphia market. I watch sports and a ton of movies.