Good News / Bad News

t316

Wifey finally booked us going to Disney in September. I have avoided this and put her off for years.
Good news: We are going to Disney. By the way, we have 3 boys (age 7,12,15). They will surely have a good time.
Bad news: We are going to Disney....:(

meowzer

LOL...AWWW you'll love it.....I have not been since I was a little kid, and have always wanted to go back
consider yourself lucky.......I wish I could go too....

t316

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/3266965
Are you staying on Disney property too? Did you get a park hopper or going to a specific park?
Yes, we are staying at one of the "moderate" resorts. All I remember is that she said it's the one that over looks the "river". Last time (years ago), we stayed at Pop Century, which was a cheaper resort. But I didn't mind, beer taste the same, right?
No park hopper this time. She called me and asked me about that today. She said the woman was trying to sell her on it. We had that last time, but I reminded her that we NEVER went to two parks in the same freakin' day. The park hopper was going to add another few hundred bucks to the trip.
We did get "Free Dining" this time. Wifey and I are still not fully talking, but from what I understand, it's free meals for all 5 of us for the entire stay.
At the moment, all I can picture is the last trip....expensive as hell, HOT as hell (and water spray bottles were $9 each), and crowded as hell. My most enjoyable moments were by the hotel pool with a cold one.

stdreb27

lol, my wife has been begging me and begging me to go to disney. I keep telling her the only way I'm gonna spend 4 k in a week on vacation is going to be in an all inclusive resort on some tropical beach...
She's still working on me, I'm gonna milk it as long as I can....

t316

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/3266978
lol, my wife has been begging me and begging me to go to disney. I keep telling her the only way I'm gonna spend 4 k in a week on vacation is going to be in an all inclusive resort on some tropical beach...
She's still working on me, I'm gonna milk it as long as I can....
Bro...I am at that exact point. We went years back when we had 2 kids (and the youngest was barely out of a stroller), but she has nagged me about going back ever since. I have played every card known to human kind to get out of it.
Finally, it has all come to a head. I have come to the conclusion that I should stop worrying about the trip (dammit, that's going to happen), but rather focus on the transportation. She wants to fly, but right now.....that ain't happening.

aquaknight

Guessing Port Orleans then. It's nice as it's near Downtown Disney which has a lot to do. It'll be a lot nicer then Pop Century too.
September, yea, should be like walking into a sauna. Are you flying or driving?

t316

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/3266985
Guessing Port Orleans then. It's nice as it's near Downtown Disney which has a lot to do. It'll be a lot nicer then Pop Century too.
September, yea, should be like walking into a sauna. Are you flying or driving?
Port Orleans....Yes, I remember her saying that. I would confirm, but as mentioned, we are still not speaking (not enough I want to go bring Disney back up).
I remember her saying we had a "river view room". As far as transportation, that's another argument.

reefraff

Originally Posted by T316
http:///forum/post/3266957
Wifey finally booked us going to Disney in September. I have avoided this and put her off for years.
Good news: We are going to Disney. By the way, we have 3 boys (age 7,12,15). They will surely have a good time.
Bad news: We are going to Disney....:(
Wife just got back from going with the kids and grandkids, 2 or 3 which were too young to go IMO but my son was shipping out and wanted to go soo...
Your kids are perfect ages to go.

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/3266984
Bro...I am at that exact point. We went years back when we had 2 kids (and the youngest was barely out of a stroller), but she has nagged me about going back ever since. I have played every card known to human kind to get out of it.
Finally, it has all come to a head. I have come to the conclusion that I should stop worrying about the trip (dammit, that's going to happen), but rather focus on the transportation. She wants to fly, but right now.....that ain't happening.
Her folks took the whole family a couple years before we got married, her dad paid for the whole thing... It was fun. Although I ticked em off at epcot. (think griswald family vacation) we had to do everything as a group. And well, I got "lost" at the aquarium. They were breeding clowns... After 15 minutes of walking around they were ready to go. So I told em I'd catch up with them, (I hadn't got off the first aquarium). That didn't go over too well. But their tanks were pretty. Not really extensive, but the ones they did have they did well. Plus they had a shark tank, you could scuba in (I didn't feel like donating the arm and leg to do it however).

bionicarm

You sound like the guy in the commercial that dreads going to Disney with his family, then the next shot, you see the guy on a roller coaster with a hugh grin on his face. When does school start in your area? My kids go back to school the third week of August. Your wife probably got a pretty good deal, since September is in the middle of hurricane season, and most schools aroung the country have already started. Now if it's Labor Day weekend, sucks to be you.

Also, remember you have a perk for staying at an 'On Site' resort. You have free shuttle service to all the parks, and you should have days where you get into a specific park one hiour before it officially opens to the public. If I recall, they do it at Magic Kingdom on Sunday or Monday, MGM on Tuesday, Epcot on Wednesday, etc. You'll have to look at the schedule when you get there. If i were you, I'd avoid Magic Kingdom like the plague. That park is geared towards kids 5 - 10, and it reeks Disney. After a day there, I want to pull my hair out anytime i hear the "It's A Small World" song. Make sure and go to Epcot and ride 'Space'. If your wife is prone to motion sickness, stick her on that puppy, and you won't have to worry about going back to Disney again.

Better yet, scrap Disney and go to Universal Studios. The thrill rides at their two parks are 10 times better than Disney's (especially at Islands Of Adventure). They're also opening a new Harry Potter Theme area that is suppose to blow you away.

reefraff

http:///forum/post/3266973
Yes, we are staying at one of the "moderate" resorts. All I remember is that she said it's the one that over looks the "river". Last time (years ago), we stayed at Pop Century, which was a cheaper resort. But I didn't mind, beer taste the same, right?
No park hopper this time. She called me and asked me about that today. She said the woman was trying to sell her on it. We had that last time, but I reminded her that we NEVER went to two parks in the same freakin' day. The park hopper was going to add another few hundred bucks to the trip.
We did get "Free Dining" this time. Wifey and I are still not fully talking, but from what I understand, it's free meals for all 5 of us for the entire stay.
At the moment, all I can picture is the last trip....expensive as hell, HOT as hell (and water spray bottles were $9 each), and crowded as hell. My most enjoyable moments were by the hotel pool with a cold one.
Something to think about. If it's hot it might be nice to hop over to the water park during the hot part of the day and spend the mornings and evenings at the different parks. My son is active military so a 5 day ticket with the park hopper was like 100 a person, pretty sweet deal. It might be worth the few hundred bucks in the long run.