Got a few of these on my glass...

reefkprz

they look like acoel flatworms, a serious nuiscance. there are treatments out there like flat worm exit that kills them but be very careful abou tusing them and follow the directions explicitly.

muse1

NOOOooooooo...that is not what I wanted to hear. I was hoping for "enjoy the diversity" ....S***!!
Guess I'm ordering some medicine.
Thanks

muse1

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///t/391585/got-a-few-of-these-on-my-glass#post_3473628
I think wrasses eat them
I tell ya, I'm reading, reading, reading. Reading one article now that some one did an experiment put in a wrasse, and two Mandarin fish but none ate them, said they didn't like the taste. But he put in a "Chelidonura varians nudibranch" in and it sucked them up like a vacuum. But are nudibranches good in a reef tank?? Confused. I hate to add medicine and have affect my fish and or corals in a negative way.
Plus I can't locate the excate name for my picture. Ugh!!

S

saxman

Velvet nudies are fine in reef setups...I used them back in my reefing daze.

bang guy

It may be that a Velvet Nudibranch will eat them but I have my doubts. They typically only eat Convolutriloba sp.

spanko

Siphon them out when you get the chance at water changes. Keep this up, keep your water parameters at natural seawater parameters, and they most likely will cycle themselves out eventually. Gotta be fairly diligent on the siphoning though. Coral, sand, glass anywhere you see them. Also the smaller wrasses are more likely to eat these than any of the larger types. Some have reported success with the common Yellow tail damsel Chrysiptera parasema. or the Springers damsel Chrysiptera springeri.

muse1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanko http:///t/391585/got-a-few-of-these-on-my-glass#post_3473911
Siphon them out when you get the chance at water changes. Keep this up, keep your water parameters at natural seawater parameters, and they most likely will cycle themselves out eventually. Gotta be fairly diligent on the siphoning though. Coral, sand, glass anywhere you see them. Also the smaller wrasses are more likely to eat these than any of the larger types. Some have reported success with the common Yellow tail damsel Chrysiptera parasema. or the Springers damsel Chrysiptera springeri.
We have been siphoning, which is a pain my tank is so deep. I will check on those fish also. We did order some of the Exit stuff, should be here in day or so. Getting my water change bucket all ready to go once it is here.
Thanks guys.

muse1

So I got in the Exit medicine, but it just so happened I went to my not so local LFS, and what was there? A velvet nudibranch...yea!. So I bought him, got him all acclimated, now he is slowing getting around. I'm very happy, I may get one more, then just pass them on to others. He is awesome, sucking up those nasty flatworms. Not to mention that his colors are beautiful. I'm going to wait on the Exit meds. just to see how it goes first.