Great time to be in public schools in San Antonio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/397599/great-time-to-be-in-public-schools-in-san-antonio/100#post_3544757
Well judging by your reaction to my questions about the stability of your psyche there's probably not much we can do to prevent all of those from happening. Like you said in this case there could be all of the signs in the world that someone may be about to flip out but if the people closest to those individuals fail to act then pardon my language but sh-t is going to happen.

The problem with trying to do a "mental evaluation" on a person wanting to purchase a gun, is that the term "mentally unstable" can be interpreted so many ways. If you are a schizophrenic who hears voices... that's easy to say "no" to. But what about someone with clinical depression. Or suicidal thoughts. Or even autism or severe forms of ADHD. It's really hard to place someone under the umbrella of "mental" at that point. Not to mention it would be impossible to get legislation passed that would require different psychologists and psychiatrists to all agree to a certain set of standards that would make someone not eligible.

The problem is much deeper than anything any legislation can fix. Kids are in broken homes, with parents who are not fit to care for them. Look at Adam Lanza. Divorced parents, one who is some big fancy executive, with a mother who from what I understand simply lived on the money her ex payed her. I'm guessing Dad was never around, and Mom was too worried about living the good life to actually pay any kind of attention to her son, who was obviously in need of some love (and mental help). So long as this is the norm, you can expect Newtown's to continue.

And don't come back at me with the "but these people are sick and there is nothing anyone can do about it" argument. While in some very, very limited cases this might be true, nine out of ten times these people came from extremely dysfunctional families. Fix the family unit, and you'll fix nine out of the ten problems.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/397599/great-time-to-be-in-public-schools-in-san-antonio/100#post_3544758

You show your absurdity in your own posts. You can't make a reasonable case so you accuse CBS of all sources of publishing right wing reports ROFLMAO!!! The breakdown comes from the FBI crime report.... Sol if something was designed to kill and it kills 400 people in a year we get our liberal panties in a wad the little green apples we need to pass can't make it though but if 20,000 people are killed by a product that wasn't specifically designed to kill that's OK. Yeah, whatever.
Keep digging yourself into a deeper hole with those NeoCon views of yours. That's the Conservative mantra "Say it enough times, then it must be true!"

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang Guy http:///t/397599/great-time-to-be-in-public-schools-in-san-antonio/120#post_3544771

I'm glad you finally agree that attacking "assault weapons" because they look scary is a stupid left-wing red herring.
Where did I say that? Let me stick an SKS with a 50-round magazine in your face, tell you to start running, and you tell me whether you would be scared or not. Yea, if you were out with your family in a mall, and all of a sudden you see some guy walking towards you with an AR-15 slung over his shoulder, I'm sure you'd just nod and say "how's it goin'". Sorry, when it gets to a point that we're supposed to be nonchalant about anyone walking around a public place with a gun that has no place being there, then it is time to be scared.

darthtang aw

Stick a .25 calliber single shot in my face i most likely would be scared. Whats your point? Someone pointing a gun at you is scary? DUH!

bang guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieAlum http:///t/397599/great-time-to-be-in-public-schools-in-san-antonio/120#post_3544779
Where did I say that? Let me stick an SKS with a 50-round magazine in your face, tell you to start running, and you tell me whether you would be scared or not. Yea, if you were out with your family in a mall, and all of a sudden you see some guy walking towards you with an AR-15 slung over his shoulder, I'm sure you'd just nod and say "how's it goin'". Sorry, when it gets to a point that we're supposed to be nonchalant about anyone walking around a public place with a gun that has no place being there, then it is time to be scared.

I quoted what you said in my post.

What difference would it make to me whether you have 6 shots and tell me to start running or if you have 1000 shots? You yourself just said which one is used is irrelevant.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397599/great-time-to-be-in-public-schools-in-san-antonio/120#post_3544782
Stick a .25 calliber single shot in my face i most likely would be scared. Whats your point? Someone pointing a gun at you is scary? DUH!
Come on. You? Naw, you're the big badass with a BIGGER gun. Someone stick a piddly .25 in your face, and you'd just say "That's not a gun, THIS is a gun", and you'd draw out your 8" .44 Mag Dirty Harry pistol and watch the poor guy run away. Of course since you were threatened, you'd blow a hole the size of a Buick in his back as he was running off. That's what all NRA card toters do when they have an opportunity to shoot someone.

darthtang aw

Come on.  You?  Naw, you're the big badass with a BIGGER gun.  Someone stick a piddly .25 in your face, and you'd just say "That's not a gun, THIS is a gun", and you'd draw out your 8" .44 Mag Dirty Harry pistol and watch the poor guy run away.  Of course since you were threatened, you'd blow a hole the size of a Buick in his back as he was running off.  That's what all NRA card toters do when they have an opportunity to shoot someone.
Good thing i dont tote an nra card. By the way, what did you get for your thirteenth birthday.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397599/great-time-to-be-in-public-schools-in-san-antonio/120#post_3544908
Good thing i dont tote an nra card. By the way, what did you get for your thirteenth birthday.
Sure you don't. You just bleat like a typical NRA sheeple.

For my 13th birthday I got a brand new Schwinn Stingray bicycle with the tall sissy bar on the back, and a brand new 20 ga. shotgun that I used for dove hunting and skeet shooting competitions. Still have the 20 ga. (my nephew now uses it), wish I still had the Schwinn.