Great use of my tax money!

culp

about a month ago at the Meijer i work at we hired a kid (23 years old) to work out in the garden center. after two weeks of getting him through the paper work and computer training. on his first day of working in the garden center his ex wife comes to the store and starts a fight with him. because he isn't paying child support for their two kids. afterwords we find out he has two kids with her, two more kids with another women, and a another kid on the way with a third women. so the next day he works his ex wife comes back in and starts another fight with him and after the fight he walks off the job. so Meijer fires him, and a week later he files for unemployment and gets it.
plus my tax money is also paying to support his 4 kids he already has plus the health care cost of the pregnant women.
so i really love that my tax money is going and supporting people like this.

salt210

I believe here in Florida we have to be on the job for a certain period of time before we would be able to file for unemployment.

culp

it is support to be the same way in Indiana. but i have no idea what they have been doing in this states government the last 4 or 5 years now.

jackri

I've been to that Meijer... the one and only I've been too. Nothing else to really add to this thread other than that :)

crimzy

Originally Posted by Culp
http:///forum/post/3042811
about a month ago at the Meijer i work at we hired a kid (23 years old) to work out in the garden center. after two weeks of getting him through the paper work and computer training. on his first day of working in the garden center his ex wife comes to the store and starts a fight with him. because he isn't paying child support for their two kids. afterwords we find out he has two kids with her, two more kids with another women, and a another kid on the way with a third women. so the next day he works his ex wife comes back in and starts another fight with him and after the fight he walks off the job. so Meijer fires him, and a week later he files for unemployment and gets it.
plus my tax money is also paying to support his 4 kids he already has plus the health care cost of the pregnant women.
so i really love that my tax money is going and supporting people like this.

In MI you are not eligible for unemployment until you've been on the job for 90 days.
Anyway, I'm just curious why you say that your tax dollars are supporting his kids. Is the ex-wife on welfare or some other state support? If not, then it sounds to me like the ex-wife is supporting her children, (or at least I'd assume that until there's evidence to the contrary). Do you know something about the mother that leads you to believe that she receives state support or does not have health insurance for the kids? Just curious.

jackri

Originally Posted by crimzy
http:///forum/post/3042877
In MI you are not eligible for unemployment until you've been on the job for 90 days.
Anyway, I'm just curious why you say that your tax dollars are supporting his kids. Is the ex-wife on welfare or some other state support? If not, then it sounds to me like the ex-wife is supporting her children, (or at least I'd assume that until there's evidence to the contrary). Do you know something about the mother that leads you to believe that she receives state support or does not have health insurance for the kids? Just curious.

From the sounds of the quality people he is referring to... it's probably just a 99% safe bet.
I just have in my mind... "my boyfriend won't divorce his wife but I sitll love him."
But I could be wrong (1% of the time)

renogaw

the amount of unemployment that will be paid to this guy will be probably around $45. don't sweat it, that's what unemployment insurance is for that the company pays anyway.
just think... he could still be working there, stealing from you or something

reefraff

These are the kind of situations that makes me think we could use forced labor camps in this country. This idiot should be forced to work 60 hours a week to support the kids he fathered. There was a time when it was considered to be a humiliation to have kids out of wedlock. Now its a badge of honor among some people to have kids scattered around from several different women.

meowzer

First of all how do any of you know she is on welfare? As a mother of 4, who's father found EVERY off the books job he can to avoid helping support his kids...I can tell you NOT ALL WOMEN need welfare....I got a job (or 2) when I needed to, and I am very thankful that my current husband helped support my children both monetarily and by providing health insurance through his job.
That man is a piece of...well...for not helping, But please don't assume that when women have dead beat ex's that they automatically turn to "The System"

reefraff

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3042981
First of all how do any of you know she is on welfare? As a mother of 4, who's father found EVERY off the books job he can to avoid helping support his kids...I can tell you NOT ALL WOMEN need welfare....I got a job (or 2) when I needed to, and I am very thankful that my current husband helped support my children both monetarily and by providing health insurance through his job.
That man is a piece of...well...for not helping, But please don't assume that when women have dead beat ex's that they automatically turn to "The System"
In most states if you have them "collect" court ordered child support it does run through welfare. If/when the "father" is made to pay it goes back into the welfare budget.
Both of the women I have been married too were single moms when I met them and neither had any help from the kid's dads, and neither had ever been on any public assistance at all.
Whether or not the women are on public assistance the men should be forced to pay.

meowzer

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/3042995
In most states if you have them "collect" court ordered child support it does run through welfare. If/when the "father" is made to pay it goes back into the welfare budget.
Both of the women I have been married too were single moms when I met them and neither had any help from the kid's dads, and neither had ever been on any public assistance at all.
Whether or not the women are on public assistance the men should be forced to pay.
YUP...Here in OK, the child support office is tied in with the Dept. of Human services....and I totally agree with that last statement...MEN (or women
) should help to support their children.

culp

from what the kid in the two days i worked with him all three women are on welfare. two of the three get WIC. and only one of them was currently employed as a "dancer"

tinderly

This is a very sad thread. Bashing people you don't even know. Ok you worked with a jerk for a few days. Now trash his past girlfriends, because they may or may not need help from the goverment since he won't help? It's just sad. Those programs are set in place for people who need the help. I agree they are not there to be abused and over used by people who could be helping themselves, but since no one here knows those girls personally, none can say they don't need the help. Heaven forbid something ever happen to any of you, and you need the goverment help. Is it fair game for us to complain then about you wasting our tax dollars?

reefraff

Originally Posted by Tinderly
http:///forum/post/3043124
This is a very sad thread. Bashing people you don't even know. Ok you worked with a jerk for a few days. Now trash his past girlfriends, because they may or may not need help from the goverment since he won't help? It's just sad. Those programs are set in place for people who need the help. I agree they are not there to be abused and over used by people who could be helping themselves, but since no one here knows those girls personally, none can say they don't need the help. Heaven forbid something ever happen to any of you, and you need the goverment help. Is it fair game for us to complain then about you wasting our tax dollars?
The only woman he really bashed was the one that came to his place of employment and started a fight with the guy. I would bet money she is too STUPID to have a job. That doesn't excuse the low life but lets face it, you don't go to the deadbeat dad's job and start an argument unless you are deliberately trying to get him fired (Which I have seen happen more than once) or are a complete idiot.

aquaknight

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/3043263
The only woman he really bashed was the one that came to his place of employment and started a fight with the guy. I would bet money she is too STUPID to have a job. That doesn't excuse the low life but lets face it, you don't go to the deadbeat dad's job and start an argument unless you are deliberately trying to get him fired (Which I have seen happen more than once) or are a complete idiot.
I think the other one we can safely bash is that third woman, the one preggers with the 5th kid.... Unemployed 23yo with 4 kids to 2 other women, sounds exactly like someone you should get knocked up by...

tinderly

Does anyone know that she knew any of that information? Just because she knew him doesn't mean she knew he had other children. As is he obviously wasn't taking care of them. Do you think he walked around talking about them? Maybe she did know, but maybe she didn't. My only point is, WE don't know. Knock them for maybe getting goverment help, and then knock them for working (shes a dancer). Which way do you want it? Not to mention, please tell me you're knocking her for being a dancer, because you have NEVER been into that type of bar. Even still, she's not the mother of your kids. Be grateful and don't judge her for doing what she can.