Green Mandarins

wangotango

Originally Posted by Kevin34
Are you serious? Are green mandarins really immune to ich? I was alos wondering does the minimum order of $79 on this site apply to buying pods? Because if I was only buying pods I dont think I will need 80 dollars worth. Not all at once at least.
ive heard about this too. their mucus layer is much more protective against pathogens i guess. is it true, im not sure.
-Justin

05xrunner

Originally Posted by Kevin34
Can you explain this more? Do they go in your tank? In your sump? And a why a soapdish? What does it do?
It gives a safe place for the pods to multiply and flow into the tank through the holes..

sac10918

05xRunner
Your mandarin is so beautiful...I made it my desktop background!
I wish I could get a mandarin....I think they are the most beautiful saltwater fish ever! I dont have a big enough tank to support the pod population, so I will have to wait a long time before I get one!

b0bby1

runner i made urs my background pic too... wuts that hang on refriguim called, can u buy it off this website? my LFS has one of thes in each tank were theres a mandarin to produce pods. can u give me some help on to how to set on of these up.

05xrunner

its called the soapdish fuge..you get the soapdish at walmart for 5bucks..and get some cheato off someone and your set.

adroitmind

OMG i really want a mandrin but i don't have fuge. I would love to hear more about the soapdish trick. Does it work? I does not seem big enough.

belly up

nice pics. will a madarin get along with a bicolor blenny becaue i really want a manadarin but i dont want the fish to fight. i am also wondering if the soapdish fuge really works.

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by belly up
nice pics. will a madarin get along with a bicolor blenny becaue i really want a manadarin but i dont want the fish to fight. i am also wondering if the soapdish fuge really works.
mandarins and blennies shouldnt fight unless u get a suicidal mandarin. im not sure on the soapdish fuge tho... :thinking:

kevin34

Any more green mandarins out there? Also can someone provide a step by step guild on setting up a soapdish fuge?

05xrunner

step 1
Go to walmart..spend 4.97 on the suction cup soapdish in the bathroom fixtures isle.
Step 2 shove cheato in it.
Step 3..have a beer and look at the tank

azaintcold

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
step 1
Go to walmart..spend 4.97 on the suction cup soapdish in the bathroom fixtures isle.
:thinking: Seems........ Difficult.

kevin34

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
step 1
lol. Seems easy. So the pods just come out of the cheato or do you need to add them to the cheato?