GregM779s 125G Reef 10 Months Old

jer4916

Give me a few more months and im gonna catch up to yoU! :)
so far i have ten corals in my 125 reef!
~chris

bret61081

Beautiful tank! when are you having an open house so all of us SOFL people can come admire it!! j/k Hows the Blue Throat trigger doing? I just got a small one. So full of personality! I love it! Its jaw just started turning Blue so I hope its a male....so far it leaves everything alone and eats like a PIG at feeding time...and if I hold the freezedried krill in there, it'll even come eat out of my hand! I love it!!

stuckinfla

Looks like a Niger...maybe not, I see yellow on it now...are those Sun Polyps behind it??? Looking good!!! A little over crowded for my taste, if you want, your pretty close to me and I can help you thin it out a little....

wax32

AKA Blue Chin Trigger or Gilded Trigger, Xanthichthys auromarginatus. A LFS near me has one for 30 dollars. I am SO tempted.

gregm779

Thanks guys, sorry I've been busy working lately. That is a blue throat trigger or blue jaw or all of those other names, very cool fish.
rubberduck, it's the coralife 72" aqualight hqi pro fixture.
Bret and stuckinfla, if you guys are interested there's a reef club here in Palm Beach County. I'm hosting next March's meeting but if you guys are coming to the area and want to check it out let me know. gregmatthews@bellsouth.net

jer4916

greg,
do you have any shrimp/crabs...or anything of that nature in your tank...if so does the trigger bother them...or does it nip at your corals?
I'm interested in getting one for my tank...
also what are your views on a mated pair of them?
~chris

rubberduck

Originally Posted by GregM779
Thanks guys, sorry I've been busy working lately. That is a blue throat trigger or blue jaw or all of those other names, very cool fish.
rubberduck, it's the coralife 72" aqualight hqi pro fixture.
Bret and stuckinfla, if you guys are interested there's a reef club here in Palm Beach County. I'm hosting next March's meeting but if you guys are coming to the area and want to check it out let me know. gregmatthews@bellsouth.net

i was HOPING u wouldnt say that
because i almost got one but they are so EXPENSIVE for a teenager. now ur tempting me to get one. BTW nice tank
thaks alot GREG

balistik1

Gregg your tank is still looking great!
I just got a Blue Line Trigger and it has been eating my snails non stop. Great fish but man can it clean out those shells.

rsedatec

i have a 100 plus tank and it dont come close to yours. i am down at least 3 grand . what did that set up cost you. it is the best tank i have seen in a long time CONGRATS

bret61081

Originally Posted by balistik1
Gregg your tank is still looking great!
I just got a Blue Line Trigger and it has been eating my snails non stop. Great fish but man can it clean out those shells.
I have one and it hasn't touched any of my snails, shrimp, or hermits..how big is it and what are you feeding it?? Mine eats the flake and pellet food with the rest and I usually give it a piece of krill or silverside too depending on how hungry it is! where did you get it? I saw that HORRIBLE store over there in the towershops had a few....so sad...