Guides for New Hobbyists

snakeblitz33

Once again, I updated this theads original post with updated links to helpful threads. Feel free to check them out when you get the chance.

spanko

I have written a couple of threads based on my experience both doing things and reading about them. It was fun. Don't know if they get used or not but so be it.
This list you have is quite in depth. I wonder if most of them will be from some personal experience with the subject or from schooling and or research? Perhaps you may want to consider writing a book.

snakeblitz33

This thread has been updated with new articles. The most recent articles will be amended soon enough, and the quarantine systems article will include some more information on medications and diseases. It's just going to take time to write everything. Oh, and I have to give thanks to Mr. Limpid for the three most recent article additions. Thank you.
The home made food recipes that I am going to type up will be in the works shortly for those of you who are interested.
Here's a short list of a few more articles that I am thinking about writing. If you have any suggestions or want to know more on a particular topic, please let me know.
1. Quarantine Systems Continued
2. Home Made fish food / Home made coral food recipes
3. Culturing Phytoplankton and Rotifers
4. Hospital tanks
5. Curing Live rock and Dry rock
6. Snake's guide to the Nitrogen Cycle
7. Snake's guide to water flow
8. Snake's Bare bottom methods
9. Snake's Guide to macroalgae and refugiums
10. Snake's random tank ideas and curve balls
11. Snake's Guide to Protein Skimmers

icedtc

I've said it several times already but thanks again for your in depth coverage on multiple aspects of the wonderful world of saltwater fish aquariums Seth!
I am not sure why this thread has any negative comments at all. You never claim to be an expert but are trying to help people with the in's and out's of this hobby with your own personal experiences. This is the internet afterall...people should realize that this is mostly what works for you and your trying to help us all out...especially noobies like myself.
When I first began even trying to find out what forum to begin my research, I saw threads such as this and the 101 tips for starters and knew this was the place for me.
Just like anything else I ever read on the internet, I take it all with a grain of salt but can't say just how much I appreciate everyone's time and effort to help this community we have here. I have learned more here in the last month than I have reading 6+ books I have purchased.
Keep up the great work...I really look forward to more posts from you and other experienced hobbyists here. For people like myself it really is invaluable.

snakeblitz33

This thread has been updated with one new article: Snake's 111 tips and tricks for new hobbyists. Please enjoy. If you have any questions or adjustments for that thread, please post them in that thread. Let me know if anything needs to be changed up and I'll see what I can do.

cubnb79

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/388776/snakes-methods/60#post_3454133
hello?
lol after reading this thread that's the best thing i could come up with w/o being one sided...either which way any information towards a specific thing is better than just guessing...where was all of this when i first started lol...as stated earlier by someone in regarding the search yea im trying to figure out how to fix on my water specs but most of it is on average 5+ years old and im sure the methods to fix or correct any issue has improved since then so yea up to date is good...but like with everything with improvements come with time and experience...love my snakes method algae scrubber (modified to my needs but a great blueprint)

snakeblitz33

Is there anything that you all would like me to write on a specific subject of the hobby? I would love some suggestions. It will give me something to do for the next week.

K

kamiod

Hi everyone, For example, there's no set rule on how much sand or live rock to use anymore. There's no watts per gallon rule to use anymore - etc. etc. It would clear up a lot of confusion for new hobbyists.

led light bars