Gun Suggestion(for protection)?

threed240

Just get a Mossberg 500 homedefender. There was a study I have read about a criminal in prison for theft. In this he said their is nothing more frightning that the sound of a shotgun being loaded. To get away, he jumped out of the second story window. Most of your average citizens can't shoot a handgun properly, or accurately. With a shotgun, their isn't a whole lot of aiming involved.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by Bronco300
gun nuts, what is to be expected,lol
Fish nuts and gun nuts together, this makes for some real nuts if you ask me.

florida joe

Ok this is what I have in my home for my wife if and when the time comes and she needs to protect her self it’s the Taurus judge it’s a revolver that takes .410 shot shells and .45 colt rounds interchangeably it’s about $500. load all six chambers with the shot or three with shot and three with .45 and any woman can say to the bad guys SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND

florida joe

Originally Posted by NigerBang
I have 2 home pro guns..
A double barrel 12 gauge "coach gun" that's about 19" long and a glock 10mm..
a glock 10 i knew there was somting i liked about you

crashbandicoot

I have 2 home pro guns..
A double barrel 12 gauge "coach gun" that's about 19" long and a glock 10mm..
OOOO got love the coach gun's Thats definatly on my list of need to get .
And yes the sound of a pump action shotgun is far more frightening than a dog barking .

nigerbang

Originally Posted by Crashbandicoot
OOOO got love the coach gun's Thats definatly on my list of need to get .
And yes the sound of a pump action shotgun is far more frightening than a dog barking .

I have always thought...Bear with me on this...Someone in your house snooping around at night...Hears a shotgun pump...That would scare them...But what if by some miracle you could get a chainsaw to crank on the first pull....walking around then hear that terrible sound of a chainsaw on the other side of a door...WOW..that would be scary...

nigerbang

Originally Posted by florida joe
a glock 10 i knew there was somting i liked about you

You know very well why we match...We are CrAzY!!...
shoot me an email

crashbandicoot

I have always thought...Bear with me on this...Someone in your house snooping around at night...Hears a shotgun pump...That would scare them...But what if by some miracle you could get a chainsaw to crank on the first pull....walking around then hear that terrible sound of a chainsaw on the other side of a door...WOW..that would be scary...

Thats a very good point . I bet dollars to doughnuts the cops could follow the trail of pee back to the crooks house .

nigerbang

If I think about it later I will TRY to get a pic of all my guns...I am not a fanatic or nothing...But I have around 38 weapons altogether...2 being handguns...A few AK-47's things like that...I have yet to find my MP-5 though....

crashbandicoot

Theres a company makes a knock off of the MP5 . Its a company called bobcat weapons system. The 1500 price tag is far better than the price on a true MP5.

nigerbang

I have seen those before...I am looking for a true full convert mp-5...Something like 800 rounds per minute...lol
I found one 1 time, but I didnt have the $12,000 for it...although I do have a full convert AR-15..Legally of course..

crashbandicoot

yeah I saw a true mp5 with burst and auto at a gun show one time many many years ago and it was going for around 15,000 , So I just picked up an ak-74 instead . Now if I should ever win the lotto I would have at least a few different models of the MP series in my collection.

S

saltycrab

Originally Posted by Crashbandicoot
Theres a company makes a knock off of the MP5 . Its a company called bobcat weapons system. The 1500 price tag is far better than the price on a true MP5.
Vector makes some nice ones too chambered in other rounds.

florida joe

If I think about it later I will TRY to get a pic of all my guns...I am not a fanatic or nothing...But I have around 38 weapons altogether...2 being handguns...A few AK-47's things like that...I have yet to find my MP-5 though....
Im the crazy one Im the crazy one Im the crazy one would have loved to have you cover my six in 1969
will SHOOT you an e-mail tomorrow

crashbandicoot

I have 2 AK's, bought them at a gun show for $150 a piece....couldn't beat that deal!

When it comes down to it when the poo starts flying ala WWIII . I'm gonna be happy to have the ak . It's the rifle that has the most readily avalible parts . There isnt a country in the world where you cant get your hands on an AK and Ammo . They are easy to maintain and will shoot when other rifles will have become inoperable . Dont get me wrong I love my M-4 too it's just not the same as a good ol Ak .

wattsupdoc

Luke,
I didnt read all this thread, but wanted to put my .02 in. I have a Berretta 9mm FS. It is a sweet handgun. It's not too much for my wife to handle. Cleaning is a breeze as it dissassembles in like 3 movements. And is reliable. Honestly, I have fired over 1000 rounds through this gun and NEVER had a jam. EVER.
But a good pump shotgun is a good choice too. I think I read somewhere something along the lines. There is no sound more terrifying to an intruder than the unmistakable pump of a Remington 870. I would seriously look at that option. With non lethal rounds and lots of practice shooting it. You really dont want her have the moral debate with herself if she is put in a spot to use it. Also, you dont want here to be afraid to fire the thing. A nice little 20 gaude would be more along her lines if she cant handle the recoil of the 12 gauge. But she'll probably only have to pump it for anybody to get the point and crap themselves. It IS a very intimidating sound.

The beauty of the shotgun is it can be shot from the hip. allowing a person to not have to look right down the barrel and look at their target in the eyes so to speak. The moral delima for many becomes much more complicated then, as it becomes more personal. Pump, announce that you have a weapon and to identify themselves, then if they proceed, or do not leave.... Personally I would activley seek them out at that point, but thats just me.
Good luck and get some real training with whatever you choose.

bronco300

thanks doc, but id almost guarantee leia would never touch a shotgun, that seems to be a bit much...how bout a fake one with the sound and the pistol to shoot if needed? lol
how hard is it too clean guns, what all is involved and how often do you do that usually? is the XD easy to clean as well?
and you talk about putting a 1000 rnds through it with no jam as if thats really good....is that good really, should i expect jams every so often? i guess 1000 is alot..

crashbandicoot

Well it depends . YOu should always clean them after you have fired them . And If you keep it locked up in a safe or put away in a clean non-dusty area you can clean as little as once a year . I clean my pistol every few weeks . But it gets worn on my thigh 5 days a week. It gets rained on dust and dirt and snow . So after 2 weeks its in need of a bath. My M-4 M40a1 shotgun are locked in a pelican cases, which is an air tight case , So they get cleaned after I shoot them and an inspection before shooting . The rest are in a locker in my parents house and get cleaned about every 6 months .
1000 rounds with out a jam is extremely good , But that has a lot to do with the weapon and the owner.
Good gun owners use good ammo and take good care of their weapon making jams less likely .

wattsupdoc

With a good quality automatic its as is expected. However some ammunition reacts differently in different weapons. My 22 LR fires one certain brand of long rifle ammo flawlessly, while any other brand I can expect a jam eventually. My Berretta has mever jammed while I've shot tons of different brands/types of ammo in it. With any auto there is the possibility of a jam. I'm just stating that the track record mine has proven me is flawless. I love my Barretta.