Gun Suggestion(for protection)?

mkzimms

i like the sigarms p229. Standard issue along with the glock17 for philly cops. Ive shot them equipped for 9mm, .40 SW and .357 SIG, all versions were compact and excellently balanced. If you order straight form sig you can have the barrels "Y" cut. They come fitted with the tactical rails as well, so your good to go for the mini mag-lights and laser sights, whatever you want to hang off them. If i were going to buy a gun it'd be a sig. Used to shoot them all the time living in philly. We'd go to pats cheese steaks and then the range across the street. Friday nights were always "pat's & gats". Damn, i miss philadelphia.

bdhutier

Sig makes a great weapon, but I'm a straight-up 1911 guy... Springfield Armory 1911-A1. Along with it, I have lasergrips and a magazine with hot-loaded hollowpoints waiting for the right kind of suicidal idiot to show up at 3AM.
For HOME defense (you'd move tactically to intercept the intruder), I'd recommend the 1911. For PERSONAL defense (hole-up in the bedroom calling the cops, but want protection in case they come in), I'd go with a 12ga shotgun all the way. I'd go first 2 rounds #7 bird, and the rest 00 Buckshot.
With either of these weapons, two to three hits center mass, and he's done...

dbrown9

I got an suggestion for you. Taurus 38 special, small enough to carry in car or house. around three hundred I think. easy to shoot not much recoil. good protection pistol. But as stated earlier check the laws for having it in town. or the state for that matter. shotgun is good too ha scare the ---- out of somebody if nothing else.

awol

For her, get a compact revolver. For you, anything is better than nothing. I advise against a shotgun, they're too bulky IMO. She'd never be able to handle a 12 gauge. With guns, you get what you pay for. I picked up a Ruger 9mm when I turned 21 and it was about $400. Make sure you shop around. If you buy a used gun, make sure you fire at least 100 rounds through it in rapid succession. Most places with an indoor range have 'rental guns' that you can try before you buy.
Regarding lawsuits:
My firm belief is that there are 10 rounds in a magazine for a reason. If you pull the trigger once, empty the mag. Also, never point the gun at someone unless you fully intend to pull the trigger.

aw2x3

Between the 37 shotguns, rifles and pistols I have in my home, the burglar better bring an army.
I keep one loaded gun, in my home, on a daily basis...it's a Kimber Tactical Custom II.
I refuse to own a pistol that's chambered in anything less than .40. Being many years Special Forces, I want a round that's gonna drop someone immediately, even if you don't get a head shot.

mkzimms

Originally Posted by Keri
http:///forum/post/2473906
You ppl all seem to know a LOT about guns....

your speaking to people who like expensive and risky hobbies, what else would you expect...you cant just walk down the street with a bag full of acropora without protection.

groupergenius

Gun size don't matter. Every couple of days, go out in the yard and start SCREAMIN' at your tree like it owes you money. Pop a couple holes in it with your handgun, and the neighbors have a way of leaving you alone.

Disclaimer:
This post was intended for comical reasons only and should never be carried out by sane responsible folks who want to stay out of jail.