Halo's 28JbJ Reef/Invert Nano Diary

halostalker

really?? wow i have to try that now i have to find a Magnifying glass.
So Far all the coral are good except these.
One of the sps coral is kind of turning brownish idk could it be my water?(its not that bad but its a tiny change in color.
the Ding Ding hasn't opened fully but i can see his mouth from time to time, i have him in the shade.
the eagle eye zoo's aren't opening fully i see these tiny yelowish strings from time to time idk i gave it a fresh water dip, but they are still there.
besides that my tank is good and i even placed the sps higher in the tank to get more light.

peef

My 2 ding dangs opened the first day I got them and then closed up and havn't opened since. Not sure but there is a bit of improvement in one of them though.

halostalker

thanx peef im still a bit worried but i have him in the shade and i see his mouth from time to time and hes inflated normaly its just that he don't want to open to show me those colors

halostalker

actually hes pretty nice i have him for over a year (he was in my other tank, which i didn't take care of it was just a experiment)
hes pretty nice he eats the algae and he stays away from the coral so he never knocks any thing down.
i just did a calcium test at its at 330 wow i guess i have to start using my kalkwasser again.

halostalker

Originally Posted by DeMartini
http:///forum/post/2552993
your new goodies look like candy!!
lol
how old is the tank?
what upgrades did you do to the tank?
wow Look who decided to check out my thread.
i almost have it for 2 monthz.
so far no real upgrades i will add another 36 wattz of light to it soon. i have 2 pumps and one power head so i have alot of flow in the tank, plus i have a wavemaker to change it up.

halostalker

oh u know what i realized hey peef is the ding ding the zoo thats huge b/c if so i have it and its been opened all the time, i think that the thing i thought was the ding ding is actually the AOG lmao again it won't open i guess i have badluck with them

peef

Originally Posted by HaloStalker
http:///forum/post/2553517
oh u know what i realized hey peef is the ding ding the zoo thats huge b/c if so i have it and its been opened all the time, i think that the thing i thought was the ding ding is actually the AOG lmao again it won't open i guess i have badluck with them

Yeah the ding dang...ding ding is close but its dang...
but yeah mine is closed and it is huge when open!

halostalker

k cool well when i got it friday. the ding dang(lmao thanx peef) was one huge polyp now i have a baby that poped out and another one forming lol. i didn't think it was the ding dang at first b/c the color sucked but it has gotten better. I just hope the AOG makes it.

halostalker

update, my second AOG is goin to die its just not doing good i have badluck with them=(
also livesomething just got harlequin shrimp and the species i so want, i would so love to spend over 100 dollars to get them but im not ready yet for them
so i guess i'll just have to grab the next ones that pop up.

clownfish11

those are gonna get super expensive you have to buy a CC starfish every other or every week to keep them healthy....i really want one, but dont know if i want to pay for it.....I HOPE YOU HAVE SUCCESS WITH THEM!!

halostalker

oh u should look back into my thread and ur questions will be answered, i planed this tank for harlequin shrimp hence my avitar lmao i actually plan on trying to breed them
ALSO if u read back i know they eat stars lmao and i plan on buying alot of big stars for cheap and putting them in my friends 100g tank and every now and then i'll cut a arm off. i plan on a small arm a week to keep them in breeding condition.
Also the only harlequins i want is the elegance species not the common picta. the difference are i want the more blue ones not the red.

clownfish11

same im making a starfish farm!!!! im getting the CC this weekend and cutting 2 legs off then in a month of so cutting 2 legs off both of those then repeat!!!

clownfish11

what do you have to kill them? and i was thinking of setting my 10gal up like u a rare invert tank, but i really want the harlequin so idk yet....they have 2 at my LFS and i know a guy that can get me it or them 50% off so...