HARRY POTTER - the final countdown!!!!

ophiura

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAHHHHHHH!
:jumping: :jumping: :jumping:
Have received my "in the mail" notification from Amazon.
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
10 hours - east
11 hours - central
12 hours -mountain
13 hours (ha ha!) west coast

ericp2311

I'm gonna burst!!
I will be at Borders tonight, and I'm calling in sick to work tomorrow (don't tell anyone!!)
Eric

nw2sltfsh

Originally Posted by ophiura
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAHHHHHHH!
:jumping: :jumping: :jumping:
Have received my "in the mail" notification from Amazon.
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
10 hours - east
11 hours - central
12 hours -mountain
13 hours (ha ha!) west coast

I got that same message from Amazon - saying I will have the book in my hands no later then 7pm Saturday

ophiura

Coming up on:
8 hours - east
9 hours - central (in 8 hours you can call someone on the east coast for a review of the first chapter)
10 hours - mountain (in 8 hours you can call someone on the east coast for a review of the first three chapters)
11 hours - west (in 8 hours you can call someone on the east coast for a review of the first five chapters)....

f1shman

is it really that great? lol. I've read 1-3 and have the forth and fifth. But haven't read them yet, do'h.

nw2sltfsh

Yes it is truly that great ---
So if over the next few days people are mysteriously missing from Boards you will know why.
We will all be fighting with our kids for reading rights to the book

tangman99

I loved all the books and I'm going to read them all again before I read this book. When I read the 4th one, I was kind of lost on some of the characters. I want it all fresh in my mind this time.

ophiura

6 hours - east
7 hours - central
8 hours - mountain
9 hours - west
Approx 24-72 hours before I'll be bummed and waiting for book 7. :( That is the only down side.

ericp2311

From what I understand, books 6 and 7 are really more like, one book. So it's really gonna suck when book six is done.
Come Saturday evening, I'll be busy reading "Sorcerer's Stone"

Eric

nw2sltfsh

Mine is scheduled to be here tomorrow morning at 10 am per the UPS website
My 12 year old neighbor got hers - she has been sitting on her porch reading it since -- I want to snatch it off her and tell her it is past her bedtime anyhow
But alas patience is a virtue

ophiura

Bah...patience is a virtue when keeping saltwater fish. I don't see how it applies to Harry Potter. :yes:

ophiura

ANDDDDD YOUR lucky that you have UPS. Mine is coming USPS and they barely put any info on their tracking page.

annanymous

ha-ha
mine was shipped out yesterday priority mail. ill go earlly in the morning to pick up mine!!!

*screw* the final on monday. its harry potter weekend

molamola

I just got back from the bookstore and it was total insanity. My friend had reserved a copy and as soon as we walked in the door, we got Harry Potter glasses, a lightning bolt tattoo, and a bunch of stickers. They had a "Make your own wand," booth in the Women's Interests section, and a little photo station in the New Age Section, and all these people were dressed up.
We spent two hours doing madlibs and watching people go by and then we lined up at midnight and were hastily ushered through a maze of aisles and we were out of there. All in all it was pretty entertaining.
Now I have to figure out how to get this lightning bolt off my forehead :thinking:

ericp2311

Got it last night...whew!
This book rocks!
Spoiler!!!
Chapter One is a discussion between (recently sacked) Cornelius Fudge and the Muggle Prime Minister of England.
Voldmort and his followers have been doing some nasty stuff, and the Dementors have been breeding (eek!)
We also meet the NEW Minister of Magic, who is a new character.
I'm like, halfway through!!!
Eric

darth tang

People were actually waiting in line to get this book at the Bookstore down the street......How come noone waited in line for the movies? Must not be as Good as Tolkien......I KEED!