Having a Meowzer kind of day!!!

rlablan

So Everything was fine lastnight and I went to bed. Went to work this morning at 7:30... things are still good.
Came home at 4 something.
1st- received a package of 1 gorgonian, 1 hippo tang, 1 long nose halk and 1 yellow headed jaw fish. ALL DEAD. I put the gorg in the tank but it just isn't opening up or anything. Well see.
then I noticed that my wavemaker is not working. At all. My Boyfriend is out of town until late sunday... and I can't figure out whats wrong with this thing. I don't know how long it's been off for and that wavemaker is my main source of flow. Awesome.
Also... 1 ballast was broken, so my halide flickers sometimes. Now they are both COMPLETELY shot. even more awesomer.
Yay for me.
These days just kind of suck really hard.

meowzer

YES THEY DO SUCK.....BUT ... I actually have had a good weekend :) fixed stuff, hooked up new stuff...all is well...I HOPE
Sorry to hear of your troubles....BELIEVE me I know how bad things can feel at times....but they do get better :)

rlablan

haha yeah.
You have still had wayyy worse days that today was for me, or so i've read. haha
I just thought you'd get a kick outta my post. lol I am mildly frustrated... I don't have the energy to actually be mad... or sad. I am also sick. which is just another awesome thing going on today. hahahaha

meowzer

Sorry to hear you are sick...and YES, I did get a kick out of your thread title....I told my husband about it and we had a laugh....the past couple of weeks have been rough on me...haha...but hopefully that is over...for now

rlablan

looks like your gray clouds have blown over to my country and now it's pouring here... hahaha well... only one thing to do I guess... sit back and wait to see how big the S-h-i-t storm gets. l hope it's not toooo terrible. I am tired. lol

socalnano24

the sad thing is just from the post title I knew what your story was going to be about....maybe I'm on these boards a bit too often
Good luck with things. Hope it pans out

meowzer

Originally Posted by SocalNano24
http:///forum/post/3276385
the sad thing is just from the post title I knew what your story was going to be about....maybe I'm on these boards a bit too often
Good luck with things. Hope it pans out
So my name is associated with bad stuff now LOL
I have to start posting positive things I guess....It's funny cause when stuff is going good, you don't post hey....Can you tell me why my tank is doing good....LOLOLOL

flower

I know OP was not feeling well but I have to ask.. Bit my tongue yesterday..
If a person lives in Arizona and it is the very hot month of June, why would you have a package delivered on a Saturday when you know you will be at work and not get the package until it has sat in the heat all day? Didn't OP pay extra to have the fish delivered on a Saturday?
Couldn’t you of had someone there to get the package out of the heat, or go pick it up at Fed X when you got off work?

socalnano24

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3276388
So my name is associated with bad stuff now LOL
I have to start posting positive things I guess....It's funny cause when stuff is going good, you don't post hey....Can you tell me why my tank is doing good....LOLOLOL
Ah Meowzer I wasn't associating all bad things with you, mainly shipping stories. I post when bad things happen too.
Originally Posted by Flower

http:///forum/post/3276392

If a person lives in Arizona and it is the very hot month of June, why would you have a package delivered on a Saturday when you know you will be at work and not get the package until it has sat in the heat all day? Didn't OP pay extra to have the fish delivered on a Saturday?
Couldn’t you of had someone there to get the package out of the heat, or go pick it up at Fed X when you got off work?
Haha, I always like to bring up weather and shipping associated with losses and it just pisses people off. Nobody ever likes to admit a shipping order coming in dead is partially the orderers fault

rlablan

Well here is the actual story.
I didn't ask for, nor did I pay for the saturday shipping.
I ordered my fish on tuesday. For sure they would be here by thursday. Thursday came and went and I never got a ship notice or anything. I had tuesday and wednesday off but then it was back to work. Thursday night I got home from work, still nothing. I sent an email and SWF.com responded and apologized. They said that they don't know why my order didnt get processed and they would ship it immediately and pay for the saturday shipping.
It was nice of them to do so I didn't want to complain further. I thought "my boy will surely let me go early and I can get it just fine."
When I got him, I opened the package, which was placed in a cool, shady area on my inclosed patio... I brought it in, and unpacked it. The water was still cool to the touch, 72 at most!! and the cool packs, 2 or 3 of them were still slightly frozen.
The bf was out of town, so no... there was no one to be here for the fish. Everyone I know was working til after I was. Also, The closest fedex is VERY VERY far from where I live. And I wouldn't even know where or how to set that up to get a package later...
I talked with SWF.com today and after seeing my pics and talking with me, they said they didn't think it was weather related at all and the VERY helpful Kim said she would ship me out a new package and I would have it by Wednesday (hopefully). I have tuesday, wednesday and thursday off, so I will be waiting for the package to arrive, on the edge of my seat.
And I must say thanks to SWF for being so helpful. I really do like their customer service and I generally don't have any issues with them. I have only ever had 1 snail come dead, out of a group of 10.

flower

Originally Posted by rlablan
http:///forum/post/3276800
Well here is the actual story.
I didn't ask for, nor did I pay for the saturday shipping.
I ordered my fish on tuesday. For sure they would be here by thursday. Thursday came and went and I never got a ship notice or anything. I had tuesday and wednesday off but then it was back to work. Thursday night I got home from work, still nothing. I sent an email and SWF.com responded and apologized. They said that they don't know why my order didnt get processed and they would ship it immediately and pay for the saturday shipping.
It was nice of them to do so I didn't want to complain further. I thought "my boy will surely let me go early and I can get it just fine."
When I got him, I opened the package, which was placed in a cool, shady area on my inclosed patio... I brought it in, and unpacked it. The water was still cool to the touch, 72 at most!! and the cool packs, 2 or 3 of them were still slightly frozen.
The bf was out of town, so no... there was no one to be here for the fish. Everyone I know was working til after I was. Also, The closest fedex is VERY VERY far from where I live. And I wouldn't even know where or how to set that up to get a package later...
I talked with SWF.com today and after seeing my pics and talking with me, they said they didn't think it was weather related at all and the VERY helpful Kim said she would ship me out a new package and I would have it by Wednesday (hopefully). I have tuesday, wednesday and thursday off, so I will be waiting for the package to arrive, on the edge of my seat.
And I must say thanks to SWF for being so helpful. I really do like their customer service and I generally don't have any issues with them. I have only ever had 1 snail come dead, out of a group of 10.

SWF is great for taking care of things. Hope the next shipment turns out good and post a picture when they are all settled. Sorry if I seemed judgmental, I just noticed AZ and thought “hot weather”.
I really had no right to jump to that conclusion and I apologize.

rlablan

Hahaha it's okay flower. I still got some love for ya!
Update.
So turns out the wavemaker got a short on the ciruit board. Took I down to the local university and had a professor replace the portion that was broken and put a new little circuit e whatever in, and that fixed it right up.
I ordered new ballast, should be here in a few days. They will get replaced and that will fix that.
Also bought an asm g skimmer today. It's an asm g 3 for $120 bucks so that should help with some of the issues too.
The new fishes will be here tomorrow and I will be there to take the box from the ups man so that should be cool.
I actually bought a VERY large hippo tang from a local guy today for 75 bucks and my mom is gonna buy the medium sized tang from me that I already ordered from swf.com.
Looks like my meowzer kind of day is coming to an end. But I'm not outta the woods yet so... Wish me luck! :)

rlablan

I'm sorry meowzer... But it's kinda true. lolololololololololololols
It's cool though, we still like you

rlablan

So the new fish JUST arrived about 2 minutes ago.
I unpacked them.
The long nose hawk is dead. WTF?!?!? I feel soooo bad! I don't know what to do. I am gonna call and talk to Kim at SWF.com again. Everything else seems okay. The tang I got this time seems a big beat up though. His fins are in pretty rough shape but he has nice coloring. And the second Gorg I got is pretty small, which makes me hope that the other they sent me makes it. The 1st one WAS HUGEEEE!!!
I'll get some pics up shortly.

meowzer

http:///forum/post/3277293
I'm sorry meowzer... But it's kinda true. lolololololololololololols
It's cool though, we still like you

Well as long as you still like me......LOL

http:///forum/post/3277300
So the new fish JUST arrived about 2 minutes ago.
I unpacked them.
The long nose hawk is dead. WTF?!?!? I feel soooo bad! I don't know what to do. I am gonna call and talk to Kim at SWF.com again. Everything else seems okay. The tang I got this time seems a big beat up though. His fins are in pretty rough shape but he has nice coloring. And the second Gorg I got is pretty small, which makes me hope that the other they sent me makes it. The 1st one WAS HUGEEEE!!!
I'll get some pics up shortly.
HMMMM....sometimes fish die in transit :( I ordered a secretive wrasse 3x...I still don't have one
The last one just disappeared so I have no clue what happened to it.....Probably a serpent or brittle starts dinner :(

spanko

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3277303
Well as long as you still like me......LOL
HMMMM....sometimes fish die in transit :( I ordered a secretive wrasse 3x...I still don't have one
The last one just disappeared so I have no clue what happened to it.....Probably a serpent or brittle starts dinner :(
If it is a secretive wrasse, how do you know you don't have one?
Just sayin........

meowzer

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/3277336
If it is a secretive wrasse, how do you know you don't have one?
Just sayin........
LOL....Cause I am sure I would have seen it by now.....and also...if they are THAT secretive...who needs them

J

jstdv8

my peppermint shrimp is THAT secretive. Ive seen him twice in 6 months :p Maybe hes a secretive shrimp!