Help sick fish see pics

Help my clown and fox face are sick. I thick the fox face has popeye? and the clown has some kind of milky looking slime on him. My water was tested yesterday amonia .25 ph 8.0 nitrite 0 nitrate 0 salinity 1.020. I have been doing a water change weekly due to cyano. And have cut down on feeding.
My tank is 80gl and 6 mo old.. I had a hipo tang that died a week ago it was new it had what I thought it was ick but now maybe it wasn't it looked more velvety and he was dead in 1.5 days. chek out pics and let me know what to do.[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

meowzer

Why do you have ammonia...ammonia is toxic to fish....do you have any prime or amquel+? You need to detoxify the ammonia asap
BUT...how are you testing for it? is your kit new?

meowzer

You need to do a major water change, can you bring your water somewhere else to get tested.....do you have either prime or amquel+???

I dont know what this is prime or amquel+ is. Is this some thing you add to dt? do I need to get a new test kit? the one I have is a match the color as close as you can?

meowzer

Prime or AMquel+ are ammonia detoxifiers....they will NOT remove the ammonia, but make it so it is NON-TOXIC to your fish...you should always keep some on hand.
I do not know if you need a new test kit or not...I DO think you should get your water tested somewhere else though...Just in case...I also think you need to get the de-toxifier ASAP...

jordan3548

I had the same problem with my clarki clown and foxface its weird because its exactly the same my foxface got popeye and my clown got that filmy stuff and they both died within 2 days

I have been doing a weekly water change Am I doing them wrong? My lfs said to mix it w RO water then just dump it in. But I read some of beth's information on this sight and she talks about aged SW? Can I treat the fox face with any thin from what jordan said I can look forward to another death.

meowzer

when mixing sw...you need to mix it in a container...add a powerhead, and let it mix for 24 hours
I doubt that is your problem.....you need to address the ammonia issue....have your water tested,,,and detoxify the ammonia in your tank

mkroher

I believe that test kits have a shelf life. I would buy a new test kit.
also, when doing water changes... make sure the new water is the exact same salinity as the display tank or the fish are at risk to osmotic shock.

lietz06

Does anyone know what the clownfish had that had that milky filmy stuff on it? I noticed that on my foxface a couple days ago and I woke up yesterday and he was missing. He's dead, didn't find him in there too much liverock, hopefully cuc will take care of it. but I was wondering what was wrong with him. Thanks!

lietz06

Originally Posted by volitan1
http:///forum/post/3075701
hello,
the stuff on the clwn fish is brooklynella...

i know that brooklynella is common in clownfish, but do other fish get it too? what causes it? is it something i did or is it just something that they can get? Thanks:)