Help, taking apart tank?? Bobbitt Worm

flower

EWWWW...is right! But now the nightmare is over, it is out of the tank.

I have been afraid to add more rock because I know what is on the stuff I already have...

dive girl

I looked in it's bucket a few minutes ago and it was in half now. I hadn't moved the bucket or done anything but wonder if it is a defensive tactic. I think I remember reading somewhere that it can generate another worm from the half that it broke off.

cranberry

Great! Two mouths to eat me in my sleep.
Double ew!
I'm very excited. I haven't taken any macro pictures with my new camera yet. Need to install the focusing screen first. OMG! I can't wait.

meowzer

Originally Posted by Dive Girl
http:///forum/post/3129181
I looked in it's bucket a few minutes ago and it was in half now. I hadn't moved the bucket or done anything but wonder if it is a defensive tactic. I think I remember reading somewhere that it can generate another worm from the half that it broke off.
HMMM...I wonder if any broke off in the tank

cranberry

I have a 24 gallon tank I'm going to take the LR out of and stick him in there... see if I can recreate a little sand hunting.

cranberry

He is seriously the most disgusting thing I have ever met.
I like him a lot.
Thank you Dive Girl!!
This is a VERY exciting thing for me. There's a few critters on my wish list that I've been trying to get ahold of to photograph. This guy is one of them. I'm hoping to one day get him under some red light poking his head out of the sand... waiting for food.
For tonight it's in the photobox for some generic ID shots. I'll grab some bristleworms and take a comparison shot.
*Squeal of Happiness*