Here I go!

earlybird

Camera works, I forgot it had an eye viewer thing. The LCD is shot so the pictures aren't that great.
Clean up crew is doing a good job but looks like I have some diatoms coming back. I also have some snail crap in a few places that get flow but not a whole lot. Can I siphon that out during my weekly water changes or should I not let it sit that long?

Sand from Maelv in the QT

earlybird

I don't know if the humidity has increased in my area but my tank has really slowed its rate of evaporation over the last 3 days. I used to have to top off about 1/2 g each day and I barely had to add anything this morning.

earlybird

I love my tank. Over the last week or so I've added a feather duster, added a cleaner shrimp and a peppermint shrimp, returned my olive snails, got a few nassarius snails. The diatom algae and little bits of hair algae are all gone. My rock it slowly turning some amazing colors of purple, red, green, and even some orange. I had the sand that maelv sent me in my qt that I transfered over and it looks great but no new hitchers that I can see yet.
I can't figure it out but ever 3 or 4 days when my lights come on they trip my GFCI. I transfered everything except for the lights to the other GFCI so that if the lights trip it I won't lose any circulation. Any ideas on what's causing this? I want to add another timer for my fuge light so I can get some chaeto but am running out of room on my powerstrips and don't want to add another.
Hoping to begin qt of 2 clowns either this week or next.
I'll get some new pictures soon.

renogaw

if they are all coming on at the same time, it might be too much of an amp draw for that circuit and it is fooling the gfci into thinking someone's getting electrocuted.

earlybird

They aren't though. My actinics come on first an hour ahead and yesterday it tripped when they came on. Possible faulty GFCI? Since there's nothing else on that powerstrip and GFCI other than my lights I was thinking about taking that GFCI out. I dunno?

renogaw

would be easy enough to replace. i of course would have to turn off all the circuit breakers and shut down the electricity to the whole house simply cause i'm afraid of electricity though :)

earlybird

Someone stole my avatar. I was looking around saturday and saw my avatar and couldn't remember typing in that thread. Took me a minute to realize that the user hijacked my avatar.
My dukes are up.

renogaw

Originally Posted by earlybird
Someone stole my avatar. I was looking around saturday and saw my avatar and couldn't remember typing in that thread. Took me a minute to realize that the user hijacked my avatar.
My dukes are up.
?

earlybird

Originally Posted by renogaw
tsk tsk, no copywrite on your pic!
that is pretty lame though. wonder if intentional
It was intentional b/c I had to resize it to fit and I resized it to the side not the center and it's identical.

A

anmldr

hmmm, that is lame.. I would figure that a person would want to be an individual. He did just turn 17 so that might explain it...
So got a question for you EB - I am guessing that you are very pleased with your lr purchase from swf. How many lbs do you have and about how many pieces of lr is it..
Thanks

reefkprz

They aren't though. My actinics come on first an hour ahead and yesterday it tripped when they came on. Possible faulty GFCI? Since there's nothing else on that powerstrip and GFCI other than my lights I was thinking about taking that GFCI out. I dunno?
I would say its probably a faulty gfci. I would replace it. they are fairly cheap and easy to change.

reefkprz

My dukes are up.

Hey your a trend setter. soon there are going to be hundreds of little EB clones running around running first timer questions.... it'll be de ja vous everywhere....

earlybird

Originally Posted by anmldr
hmmm, that is lame.. I would figure that a person would want to be an individual. He did just turn 17 so that might explain it...
So got a question for you EB - I am guessing that you are very pleased with your lr purchase from swf. How many lbs do you have and about how many pieces of lr is it..
Thanks
I got 45 lbs of rock from SWF. Overall I am very pleased. My ammonia never got close to 0.5 and the rock has some really nice colors. I received 18 pieces of various sizes that are perfect. I've got 5-6 pieces in my sump.

earlybird

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
Hey your a trend setter. soon there are going to be hundreds of little EB clones running around running first timer questions.... it'll be de ja vous everywhere....

I'm all about the first timer questions but not the hundreds of earlybirds. There can be just one

A

anmldr

I got 45 lbs of rock from SWF. Overall I am very pleased. My ammonia never got close to 0.5 and the rock has some really nice colors. I received 18 pieces of various sizes that are perfect. I've got 5-6 pieces in my sump.
Thanks for the reply, and yes you are right, there can only be one