Here I go!

earlybird

Originally Posted by renogaw
you realize 4 pages and not even a clean up crew yet... you're killing us!
Hey this diary isn't just for you.
I can't wait to get my clean up crew. My DT is barely showing trites so I'm almost there. I ghost fed my DT last night so we'll see.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by imfsub12
i see you kept in the lines.... now give you kid back her crayons...

:hilarious
:hilarious

earlybird

I ghost fed my DT 2 days ago and tests showed ammonia yesterday. Still not balanced yet but I didn't expect it to be. I will test again today. When should I ghost feed again? Do I feed again when amm reaches zero again? Still waiting patiently but I'm seeing hair algae pop up on my sand and on a few rocks. Some looks hairy but I have a small patch that looks like grass about 6 or 7 blades almost an inch tall.
My QT is looking a lot better but still kind of foggy.

dinks

Newbie interruption here :..lol
I went to mod Beth's swf website, and it told about setting up a good qt tank, that is how I am going to mine.
for what's worth...lol
dinks
Originally Posted by earlybird
As of yesterday I have hundreds of pods all over my glass. They are very very small right now but things are looking good.
Still fighting my QT to keep it clean. I've got a lot of dirt/debris all over the place. I'm afraid to mess with the sponges in my filter so I think I'm going to get another filter today to run with it and I'll use some carbon. I didn't test my water at all this weekend so I'm interested to see what my results will be today.

earlybird

Dinks,
Don't cycle it with lr. I regret it. Use the shrimp or food method and maybe look into a cheap powerfilter that has a surface skimmer attachment. If I could do it over again that's what I'd do. Good luck.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by earlybird
I ghost fed my DT 2 days ago and tests showed ammonia yesterday. Still not balanced yet but I didn't expect it to be. I will test again today. When should I ghost feed again? Do I feed again when amm reaches zero again? Still waiting patiently but I'm seeing hair algae pop up on my sand and on a few rocks. Some looks hairy but I have a small patch that looks like grass about 6 or 7 blades almost an inch tall.
My QT is looking a lot better but still kind of foggy.
wait untill Amm drops back to zero before ghost feeding again.

earlybird

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
wait untill Amm drops back to zero before ghost feeding again.
Just tested and amm is bac to zero. I'm taking this as a good sign?

earlybird

Levels in both tanks are perfect though I don't have very much nitrate (less than 5). I'm going to make some water tonight and do my first water change tomorrow.
I'm going to pick up 6 astraea, 6 nassarius, 2 scarlets, 1 red leg, 1 blue leg, and 1 turbo to start my clean up. I think it's a good start and next week I'm going to begin to QT 2 clowns. Hoooray!!!

earlybird

Maelv is sending me a couple cups of live sand which I'm stoked about. Thanks Maelv.
I'm going to change 10g in my dt tomorrow. Should I wait on changing my qt and put the sand in my qt (in a container) to make sure there's no die off? Shipped today estimated to arrive Wednesday.

earlybird

Overnight it seems I have about 3-4 aipstia on one of my rocks in my qt. Have not seen it in my dt as of yet. They are on only one rock in my qt. I was going to remove the rocks when I do my first waterchange. What would you recommend I do with them?
Thanks

earlybird

Alright!!!! I changed 10g today and all looks great. I also picked up and am almost done acclimating 6 nassarius, 6 astraea, 2 scarlets, 1 red leg, 1 small blue leg, and one mexican turbo. I figure it's a good start and when I get my shrimp next I'll assess my algae and adjust my numbers if I need to.

earlybird

It's funny you mention that. Camera is dead. It turns on but can't view out of the lcd which means camera for the wife for mothers day. Any recommendations?

earlybird

Maelv hooked me up with some live sand. I put it in 2 tupperware containers and they are in my QT. I don't suspect a spike but will continue testing for the next few days and move the sand into my DT on Monday. Sand looks great. Thanks again Ismael.
ps... camera shopping tonight. I'm fishing a dolphin, wahoo, kingfish tourney this weekend on the right coast and must have a camera. Looking at the kodak easy share with 12x optical zoom. Lots of pictures coming I promise.