Here I go!

earlybird

I started my summer job and have been doing a lot of fishing so I haven't posted in a while. I still don't have fish in my qt yet. When I removed the lr that I used to cycle I continued to ghost feed and I didn't have enought bio filter and as of yesterday I was still showing a little trite. This week it should balance out and I can get my first pair.
As for my DT. I can't figure it out but my magnets for my ph's keep rusting
. I think I have cyano coming. I've got some red but it could look brown and it's on my sand only. Not very thick yet but pretty much all over my sand. I'm going to get a more powerful ph today to try to increase my flow. I have been ghost feeding my dt every 4 days with some omega one flake. My parameters haven't changed and I can't explain this bloom. I do however, think that I did have a snail death or two as I saw my peppermint shrimp going to town on a astrea shell and I have 2 that are MIA. Regardless, I didn't see a spike from it. Also, my skimmer is working overtime it seems these last few days and the skimate smells moldy.
temp 80.4
sg 1.026
amm 0
trite 0
trate 0
phosphate 0

renogaw

welcome back :)
i am taking my magnets out of the tank tonight after i pickup some suction cups. mine have rusted and actually left a rust mark on the glass. I thought it was just the normal buildup landing on them, but i had to move a powerhead to grab a coral that fell and saw it. I guess the MFR didn't think people would use them in salt water aquariums.

earlybird

Originally Posted by renogaw
welcome back :)
i am taking my magnets out of the tank tonight after i pickup some suction cups. mine have rusted and actually left a rust mark on the glass. I thought it was just the normal buildup landing on them, but i had to move a powerhead to grab a coral that fell and saw it. I guess the MFR didn't think people would use them in salt water aquariums.
I know. I tried to cover them with silicone but it wasn't pretty so I've got them hanging now. Looking into the magnets meant for ph's.
Started my summer job so I'm not on as much.

renogaw

also, i put in 2 fighting conches yesterday and they immediately started chowing on the diatome problem i just started having from adding 45lbs of sand.

robdog696

Yeah, I had diatoms too
I don't have sand though. My lfs recommended I take an old toothbrush to the rock. Worked great! My snails couldn't keep up with it. Tank looks great, keep it up!

earlybird

I have one mexican turbo and don't conchs get big? Funny but when my lights are on (which they weren't for the pictures) I don't see any diatoms on my rock. Weird. I added a mj 900 raising my turnover to damn near 30x to fight the begin of a cyano problem last week. Seems to have done the trick but it brought on the diatoms. I'm waiting it out and trying to keep my hands out starting today. I pulled out my skimmer and cleaned it good. Already working better.

renogaw

don't knnow how big they get, but i know there are queen conches and fighting conches. the fighting conches are only about 3/4" long (from swf.com)

earlybird

Old thread alert. Wow.
Lots of updates. In no particular order since then: 2 clowns, missing shrimp, new shrimp, missing shrimp, hermits vs. snails, hermits win, new snails, new snails, vermited snails, re aquascape, lost feather duster, added GSP, and 2 zoa frags. That's about it. I love it

BTW RHCP Blood Sugar --- Magic is my all time favorite album

earlybird

Originally Posted by jtrzerocool
any new pics?
Yep but in a different thread https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/289739/im-actually-posting-pics-pic-heavy

grabbitt

Originally Posted by earlybird
BTW RHCP Blood Sugar --- Magic is my all time favorite album
Random, but did you see what Anthony Keidis (spelling?) named his new kid?

earlybird

Originally Posted by GRabbitt
Random, but did you see what Anthony Keidis (spelling?) named his new kid?
Do tell I have no clue.

kevin34

If you guys havnt already read it I would highly reccomend reading Anthony Kiedis's book called Scar Tissue. Its the story of his life and the best book I have ever read.
CHILI PEPPERS ROCK!!!