HEY BANG!!! does this look about right??

oceana

a few pics. first one is of the biggest clown charlie. he is about 2 weeks older then all the rest. the other is what i think will be my first pairing. these two refuse to let any of the other clown into the hole any more and they are alwasy on each other like that.

oceana

Originally Posted by SMoney
What is better, breeding perculas or maroon clowns?
Perc. maroons are the hardest of them all. but even better then that are O's

smoney

Well, better in the success rate, and which one is a better investment.
Right now I am setting up my refugium and my next project is a toss up between a few things. I dont know what to do? I am considering breeding clowns?

oceana

Originally Posted by SMoney
Well, better in the success rate, and which one is a better investment.
Right now I am setting up my refugium and my next project is a toss up between a few things. I dont know what to do? I am considering breeding clowns?

IMO maroons are a better investment and percs have a higher success rate.
i have also just purchase maroons mateing pairs due to there higher sale cost and trading abbilitys. we also are breeding black and white clowns.
maroons lay alot more eggs then most clowns to try and make up for the higher mortality.

smoney

Yeah my lfs sells the marron as pairs they are like 50 or 60 dollars. And I was thinking, that I should breed those rather than percs?

oceana

if you can buy paird of gold bannded maroons for 50 bucks and you know they are a proven mated pair you should jump all over that. they run about 80-90 around here. for a proven pair

smoney

Originally Posted by oceana
if you can buy paird of gold bannded maroons for 50 bucks and you know they are a proven mated pair you should jump all over that. they run about 80-90 around here. for a proven pair
I am so sure that they are maroons paried gold banded. They have them floating around a huge tank in one of those small plastic cages, and they are a small and a huge maroon in each and they are swimming together. I know they are pairs!

oceana

well we are 5 daysinto our best hatch yet by far. way to many to count and all are doing great. now my concern is what if they all live lol. better get a few more tanks this weekend. not sure what i will do with a few hundred clowns but so far it is looking like that might just happen. i just added green water to the tank to help get them all the walls but when it clears i'll take a few pics. still very very small but i will try

mythrenody

Originally Posted by wmuwally
. And where doyou find eggs if you dont have a mated pair.
Gets em from a friend who has a pair,It's in the earlier pages! New pics? hmmm?

oceana

a few shots from one of the growout tanks. we have a three different ages in this tank but they are all on the same food so they mix well together