hobby pics

mkengr45

Most imports, or "ricers" as I like to call them , are an absolute friggin joke. I realize that a few out there are relatively fast when compared to other ricers, but in the real drag racing community they are laughed at. The fart can exhaust makes them look like fools. They dont have the power under the hood to justify why the hell they would need a 5" exhaust, give me a break. If you wanted to build a "racecar" wouldnt it be wise to start with something that actually has some decent power to start with, not a 4 cylinder. OK im done for now.
Randy

eric4usa

No joke
buy a honda and but $50,000 in it (I know a dork who did this to an acura)
OR, get yo self a Dodge Viper.
I own an import sports car but make absolutely no clamis to it's speed and you will never see it at a drag strip.
Cuz it's slow! and I know that!
And i do not pull up to ZR1 Corvetts or R1 bikes and rev my engine actually expecting a race. (That's the funniest stuff to see off of the drag strip :) )

nicky1.8t

Originally posted by mkengr45
wouldnt it be wise to start with something that actually has some decent power to start with, not a 4 cylinder.
Randy

ok i hear you there but you have to watch out for a few 4 bangers
i got a gti its a 1.8t and with a few minor mods it can go into the 13s with only bolt ons. and the neon srt4 dont get me wrong its still a neon and i wouldnt drive it if it had 500 hp but they go low 14s stock which is enough to beat most mustangs. the subaru wrx sti is also a 4 cylinder with 300hp/300tq can you say 13.1 bone stock.
but yea to have a fast car you have to start with something fast and those damn kids in there civics need to realize there the biggest joke or the car community.

since we're on the subject of ridiculous cars, let's not forget the white trash in their rusted out v8 camaros that hardly run anymore but still think they are bad ass. it's not only imports who have idiots driving them.

D

daniel411

Not really into cars myself, just a mode of transportation to and from work and such for me. However, somethings I just don't understand....fast and furious cars and such???

D

daniel411

Originally posted by CarsGirlsNFish
since we're on the subject of ridiculous cars, let's not forget the white trash in their rusted out v8 camaros that hardly run anymore but still think they are bad ass. it's not only imports who have idiots driving them.

Yeah, but even being so.... a rusted camaro with a well cared v8 will whip a civic. Also doesn't take that much work or money to turn a v8 into a ridiculous amount of power. I know of a few rust buckets with 500+ dyno'd horsepower around here. The car's body might be rusted to crap, but the engine, drivetrain, trans, etc... are immaculate. Always question, could be a sleeper

nicky1.8t

this why i basiclly gave up on cars lets see a streetlegal car that can pass inspection beat my bike i dont think so:rolleyes:

mkengr45

After driving our dragster so many times, I just cant get turned on by any street cars. When I first started drivng our camaro, and ran a few 10 second passes it seemed fast, but after going 7's in the dragster I seem to get sleepy in anything slower than about an 8.90. Nothing wakes you up quite like a 1.1 second 60 foot, and a 4.7 second 1/8th mile.
Randy

eric4usa

Almost any sport bike can smoke most cars.
I know I can't trust myself with one :rolleyes:
But please please don't be the a hole ripping between lanes of stopped traffic at 80mph wearing shorts, wife beater and NO HELMET.
I cannot understand why there's not a helmet law here in Colorado. :confused:

mkengr45

"eric4usa" you couldnt be more correct about the sport bike thing. Because of their excellent power to weight ratio, they can get up and go like a bat out of hell. My buddy has some crazy dam bike called a "habusi" or "haybusa" or something like that, and completely stock out of the box it runs high 9's in the quarter. That is the same reason our dragster is so fast, with me in the car it weighs 1400lbs, and we pack around 1000HP depending on what motor we're running. I really really would like a fast bike, but I know the women in my life(mom and wife) would raise hell. Maybe I just hide it in my garage, hehehehe.
Randy

mkengr45

"eric4usa" forgot to say I agree with the helmet issue. HELMETS SAVE LIVES PEOPLE. about 2 months ago my brother blew up a motor in our funnycar at about 150mph, he spun 9 times, and the skid marks were 1100 feet long, luckily he didnt hit a wall or flip, but whenever I hear somebody whine about the expense of safety equipement, I ask them "how much you think it will cost if your body gets mangled and burnt to a crisp" if you want to play with big boy toys you need to get the correct gear to do it safely. OK i'll step of my soapbox now.
who would of thought all this on a fish site
Randy

daniel411, notice i said the ones that barely run anymore, not the ones that are rusted out but have nice motors and such. i beat some billy bad ass driving a 5.0 mustang in my prelude easily before and that should never happen.

D

daniel411

Originally posted by CarsGirlsNFish
daniel411, notice i said the ones that barely run anymore, not the ones that are rusted out but have nice motors and such. i beat some billy bad ass driving a 5.0 mustang in my prelude easily before and that should never happen.

Understand. I always thought that preludes were like supra's, 3000gt's, etc... where they could actually make significant amounts of horsepower. As comparable to muscle car V8's.
Oh well, like Nicky said.... it usually takes over six figures to have a car beat my $8000 bike, and still be reliable/handle/etc. :D Besides, can you do wheelies, stoppies, or highchairs in a car?

2jz

i respect all quick cars, be it a civic or a koenisegg. i personally would never modify a honda, but i have respect for some of them. there's a guy they call "cheesefrog", he walked on albert's 10.7sec viper. and his ebrake was slightly on, as you can see on the video..his rotors were lighting up! take a look: http://www.cheesefrog.com/frog/cheezevsal.mpg

D

daniel411

Originally posted by mkengr45
my camaro, dragster, and funny car can all pop wheelies, just cant ride a wheelie.
Randy

;) It's not a wheelie unless its rode for a good 1/4-1/2 mile. Still pretty cool. Is the camaro street driveable?

mkengr45

The camaro is driven on the street on occasion, but it has to be run on VP C-12 racing fuel or higher grade. Come on, its a 9 second street car, the gas mileage sucks, and at $5 a gallon a trip to the fish store cost around 60 bucks. But to answer your question, yes, it is street legal. I drive it maybe once a month on the street, its a handfull to drive on the street (rearend uses spool). I always get some clown who wants to race, I dont need to hammer it on the street to get my rocks off, there is a time and place for such things. I have gotten pulled over by the police, but the cop was a gearhead that heard the motor and got a hard on to check it out. got out of the ticket though, "noise pollution" give me a break, these motors are music to my ears. 15:1 compression on a big motor has a nice POP to it.
In all honesty, the car is overkill to be street driven, its tubbed with big slicks, 12 point cage, wheelie bars, big blue bottle in back, trans-brake, powerglide, the works.
you can see the pic of it earlier in this thread, sorry the pic is bad. other cars are posted also.
Randy

mkengr45

yes, 15:1, actually by the numbers its 15.2:1 . This is why we have to use very high octane fuel, or else the motor will knock and sound like crap. We run essentially all the same motor in all our race cars, this way overtime you accumulate tons of spare equipement for these motors, cranks, pistons, rods, heads etc...
Running this hard of a compression ratio you really have to be on top of your tuning. Nothing more beautiful to me than to see our cars shake violently and twist when they launch. In the dragster your vision blurrs a bit. Cylinder pressure builds POWER.
Randy