Hornets

bulldog123

Ive been looking at the different hornets, purple, red, and yellow. Has anyone seen the red hornets go for less than $150 per polyp. I hope im just looking in the wrong places. And the scams that are following these zoas are crazy. I know you cant post other sites but you can give me some hints.

bill109

look up flaming hornets..
i have some and they are amazing.
just googgle search zonanthids for sale online.. im ure u will find some stuff.
check flee-bay as well.

nikesb

i was able to get a 2 polyp frag of purple hornets for free, but the contest is already over. over 200 people were able to get some.

nikesb

yehp theyre still pretty pricey. the original ones are local to me and theyre ridiculous nice

mrdc

I like hornets but the price will have to come down before I buy. Bam bams used to be expensive and they aren't anymore. So people also charge too much for fruit loops.

bulldog123

Holy smoke I forgot this post existed! I just picked up 10 PH and 3 RH about two weeks ago. They have sweet colors!! They are worth the money. Not retail, but if you can find a good deal.

meowzer

Yeah....you gotta stand on your head at just the right angle to get a halfway decent picture

I'm gonna get a new camera soon, but for my other tanks....LOL

bulldog123

Everyone keep telling me that I need a waterproof box. Just so others can see my corals. I think not. Who wants to remove the canopy and lights just so other can see.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog123 http:///forum/thread/375708/hornets#post_3312125
Everyone keep telling me that I need a waterproof box. Just so others can see my corals. I think not. Who wants to remove the canopy and lights just so other can see.
I don;t have a canopy, but have heard if you take the pic from the top of the water down, you can get good pics

BUT.......You Have to turn EVERYTHING OFF

SORRY...that's too much trouble for me

speg

I picked up a blue hornet/red hornet not long ago...I won't talk about the price since I got them in a "package deal". I've seen the price start to drop on the reds...one coral seller even offered them for $30 per polyp.

It's a pretty nice looking coral...and mine's already putting out a little baby...want to buy one from me for $50? :)

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speg http:///forum/thread/375708/hornets#post_3312403
I picked up a blue hornet/red hornet not long ago...I won't talk about the price since I got them in a "package deal". I've seen the price start to drop on the reds...one coral seller even offered them for $30 per polyp.

It's a pretty nice looking coral...and mine's already putting out a little baby...want to buy one from me for $50? :)
$30 a polyp

NAHHHHH.....

speg

When you want the higher-end coral, you've got to pay the price :) Think of it in the way that you girls like to collect your little "nick-nacks"....except these "nick-nacks" grow, spread, and then you can actually sell them for a profit....unlike your "nick-nacks".