Houdini clownfish?

mauler

Do you have a lid, or something covering the tank? Or any holes in the top somewhere? They'll get out of some pretty small areas, but they'll also get stuck in weird areas too. It could be a mystery forever...
Nope ever since I got rid of my eel I took my tops off but it's pretty open around the tank so not many places they could be rotting under. I just want to find them so there not somewhere in my tank fouling up my water.

mauler

I vote magic I'm telling you poofed them selves back in the ocean. I guess when I get home I'm gonna move every single rock.

candaceswf

Administrator
Personally I don't like leaving anything I know is dead in my tank, but your tank is supposed to be its own little ecosystem, so when something dies it would become food for other inhabitants.... that's why some people have "houdini" fish, the fish dies, and the inverts get right to work, sometimes cleaning up the crime scene in the matter of a couple hours

mauler

That would explain why I can't find a body but I don't have a cuc the trigger eats them. So the bodys are somewhere in the tank or lodged in my filters.

mauler

I'm like 99.9% sure there not on the floor. So I'm 99.9% sure there in the tank or filters somewhere or there just magical.

trigger40

i forgot about the cuc. your trigger may have killed the clown and left half a fish lying around and your cuc came and finished it off.