Houdini clownfish?

mauler

I've had two clownfish disappear out of no where. One has been missing for about a little over a week the other just went missing last night. I've also had my first clownfish disappear. I haven't found any body's my water is fine I just can't figure out where they're going so my best guess is there magical and proofing them selves back in the ocean.?

mauler

I also checked my canister filters none of them are in there not in the hose lines and I think if they got in them they would break the impeller.

candaceswf

Administrator
I had a similar situation a while back.. ended up the clown jumped, and ended up under the leg of our table, kinda hard to explain it, I guess it would sort of be the "foot" of the table lol... anyways! It was raised just a bit and it was a few inches wide, so we didn't find it for a couple weeks

mauler

I'll look around the tank for them but the first one to go missing was like 3 weeks ago I think his rotten body would smell pretty bad by now

jay0705

I just found one after 2 months. I thought my kole killed it, but it jumped. They dry out fast

mauler

I looked around and I couldn't find any bodys. And the clownfish that went missing last night he was one of the first pair I put in would trigger really wait 3 weeks to eat him?

trigger40

i doubt the humu trigger did it. ive seen my humu trigger kill befor. its pritty horrible, when my trigger wants to kill a fish he goes right for the gut sack rips it open and then lets is die. then if he wants to eat it he only eats like half befor he is full. and ther will be a lot of left overs for you too see. the humu trigger is one of the only trigger that will hunt down and kill fish for food. but when they do it leaves a very reconiseable mess. now if memory serves me right you do have a snowflake eel right?

mauler

Nope I got rid of the eel because I didn't want him killing my fish he was in there with just the trigger and tang.

jay0705

Hmm, no other fish is predatory in your tank but the trigger. So its him or there in your filter

candaceswf

Administrator
Do you have a lid, or something covering the tank? Or any holes in the top somewhere? They'll get out of some pretty small areas, but they'll also get stuck in weird areas too. It could be a mystery forever...

trigger40

try leaving a fish trap out over night and see if you get some thing in the morning. if it was the trig you would see half a dead fish somewher in your tank.

mauler

But like trigger said there would be a mess of clownfish all over and I don't think my tang would eat the remains he spits out mysis shrimp cause there to big for him to swallow. And if there in my filters I'm sure where I completely emptyed both of them and would the get lodged in the impeller which would cause the filter not to work?