House Progress

rykna

Originally Posted by Bronco300
lol, no....but...uh.....if everyone gets there before she gets home she cant do anything! haha...i'll just be sleeping with the tank for the next few nights
naaaaaaaaah...we'll do a potluck party...she won't have to do a thing...when she gets home we'll all yell SUPRISE!
Then after we women get a half hour of ooooing and aahhing over her beautiful house and what a wonderful man your fiance is for providing such a lovely home...you won't have to worry

b0bby1

i cant believe its only 140 grand. over here in ct a house like that would go for 300 grand. ct, ny, and nj are very high compared to any other states when it comes to purchasing a home. my house is worth 600 grand and its on 4 acres of land 3000 sq. ft. if your buying a lot in ct, it is 200 to 250 grand an acre.

chilwil84

Originally Posted by SusiesTank
I wish you could get something here from 140k , townhomes are 300-400k here , some even more then that.

there were some nice townhomes in rosedale when i was there for less than that(just bring your gun and pitty)

jennythebugg

Originally Posted by Bronco300
they have the kitchen cabinets in friday!!!

wow your'e house is soooo haunted already look at all those 'orbs' hahahaha

darknes

Very nice!!
You know that island in the middle of the kitchen would be a PERFECT spot to put a fishtank!
Maybe you should put one there and suprise the wife; say it's for her birthday; I'm sure she'd love it!

bronco300

you leave me and my orbs alone!!! lol
and yea, if i put a tank there holy cow i'd be killed...i will make good use of that though, i hate the small kitchen in this apt...i love cooking, but hate it in this place.....i did however think between those pillars if you look at the living room itd be great to build a wall on the bottom part and a tank between the pillars...would look awesome

bronco300

the far right stone for the fireplace is unlevel on the top, where it looks like the first three go nicely across and the last dips down at the meeting point and raises up at the end...now i've called about it because i dont like how it looks, and they say its fine so long as the BOTTOM of the stones are level....to me i dont care about the bottom, i want the top part that i see to look nice...not for them to all look nice and the one stone to look out of place...should i push this or am i just gonna have to live with it?

jennythebugg

you are paying for your house to be built the way you want it...call about it you will never be happy with it if you dont and later on down the line you will have to pay more for someone to come in and fix the stone

bronco300

some more pics, all plates for elec are in as well as light fixtures--and our door is painted poorly, but first coat done at least

bronco300

thanks tobin! glad to hear the frags are doin well!!!!
HOPEFULLY if they work like they're supposed to we should close the 9th....i hope so...ready to move out of this crazy apt!

T

tizzo

OK, can we SEE pics of the smoke detector? Haha!!
Insulation around the fireplace...so against code here in Charlotte!! on't ask though, if it's against code there then the inspector missed it. No point ripping out walls now.

That house, in Charlotte would go for $279K. Base model, no upgrades. Brick, those counter tops, fireplace, any lot more than .22 of an acre, would cost more. Oh, and gutters, those are an upgrade also.
Awesome progress shots!
Very nice house!
Keep us all posted on the welcome home party that we're all coming to!!