Houston - ZFA

coraljunkie

Any updates on the other frags. How are they doing? Austin did you get any information back from John on the Polar Ice and Sopranos?

A

alexmir

yeah, he said that hes checking to see if he has anymore of them so we can get replacements, but if not, he will give store credit. With which i figure we will do a re order anyway.
Valentine massacres look AWESOME
Cant wait to see pics of everyones. The sopranos closed up almost completely last night, which is a good sign, that means their not dead already. I am getting some iodine to dip it today if it needs it. The xmen are looking like they will open today, so fingers crossed. I will get pics up today if anything opens today.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by alexmir
http:///forum/post/2819064
yeah, he said that hes checking to see if he has anymore of them so we can get replacements, but if not, he will give store credit. With which i figure we will do a re order anyway.
Valentine massacres look AWESOME
Cant wait to see pics of everyones. The sopranos closed up almost completely last night, which is a good sign, that means their not dead already. I am getting some iodine to dip it today if it needs it. The xmen are looking like they will open today, so fingers crossed. I will get pics up today if anything opens today.
Store credit where we have to fork over more money like here?

A

alexmir

im guessing store credit where we just have to pay shipping (which would be highly discounted with my fedex discount). But im not sure yet, still communicating with him.

A

alexmir

anyone have any updates on their frags? Neither of mine have opened, dipped them in iodine, so mabye that will help.

coraljunkie

The valentine massacres and greenish dalmations have opened. The Mohawks is partially opened. The Jackals look like they are going to start to open but the armageddons and black widows have yet to open.

clownfish11

yet another order gone bad from zoafrags...i wouldnt be suprised if they melt away, and from the looks of it thats where they are headed

coraljunkie

Originally Posted by ClownFiSH11
http:///forum/post/2819838
yet another order gone bad from zoafrags...i wouldnt be suprised if they melt away, and from the looks of it thats where they are headed

I wouldn't be so sure. The volcanics i got from there took about 2 weeks to open and they are doing just fine now. We shall see though.

rebelprettyboy

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/2820530
Are the more expensive zoas just that much more sensitive?
NO it just pends on how u frag them. Like ive said before with John the less expensive frags he seems to frag a diff way then the more expensive frags.
Take a look at the jackals and the geen dalamations u can see that he has more rock on the bottom of the frag. Which idicates he didnt peel the zoas off. He got beneath them where he for sure wouldnt damage the polyps. Since he prolly has more of those.
If you look at the armeggedons and Mohawks (I assume) his colony isnt as big. And in his effort to give the exact polyp count it seems they were peeled. Or at least I dont see much rock under the polyp just a lot of glue. If they were taken off the colony by the rock IMO they would be much healther. And would have opened by now.
At least thats my theory on why everyone has the same problems with him. I think its just a matter of how he frags them. if you're gonna peel them like that you need to give them at least 2 weeks to make sure they healthy IMO. If you're taking them by gettin under the rock or breaking the rock theyre ready to go that same day pretty much.

rebelprettyboy

lol its not impossible ive done it pletny of times as well. Just better to get some rock with. Ive never lost a frag that way, but have by peeling the zoa off if u dnt get up under it good enough..

coraljunkie

I wouldn't give up hope yet. They are still doing ok. Meaning they haven't shrunk any at all. In my experience if they were going to die they would have gone south already. Some zoas just respond slower to fragging than others. Thats just my opinion though.

A

alexmir

ClownFiSH11;2819838 said:
kinda like going into someones house and telling them their carpet is ugly........None of the ones in the pic look like they are melting away, they look like their closed up after being fragged and shipped.

A

alexmir

I had a thought the other day, dont know if its true or not, or even makes any sense. But i was thinking, that mabye rarer zoas are alot more sensitive. Mabye their rarer, because it is harded for them to find a place in the ocean where they can thrive. Rather than being able to grow practically anywhere like somthing like a brown button polyp, mabye it is harder for a soprano zoa to find somewhere where it can thrive and reproduce.......Thus making it rarer...Thats just my thought.