How can we get a few more moderstors

renogaw

Originally Posted by sharkbait9
http:///forum/post/2823233

Why are so many people wanting others to police the world for you.

you need mods for the troll and spam posts. there was a nike post in two different threads the other day.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by sharkbait9
http:///forum/post/2823902
Aaah, sorry but its just excuses for people to be lax and sit in line and wait for the hand outs. Do this don't do that, read this don't read that, believe this don't believe that.
No one wants to take responsibility for their own action cause simple “ someone told me I could do that”
I don’t back the mods up that much but with everyone throwing that “responsibility of policing” on your shoulders instead of just “ taking it like a man/or woman” oh no we need more mods. Cause somebody got their toes stepped on or read something they don’t agree with or it hurt their feelings. Why not maybe bring a situation up to the mod like me (my infraction point) and saying ok it was a grey area it went against SWF P&P so I got the point, I can live with it, I don’t like it but I have to live with it. That’s called taking responsibility for my actions. Not asking a mod to wrap me up in a warm blanket and make big bad man go away.
Its only going to get worse when obama steps foot in the white house soon.
NO. THE LAST STATEMENT WAS NOT MENT TO BE A POLICIAL INVITE TO ARGUE. YOU HAVE PLENTY OF OTHER THREADS TO ARGUE THAT GO NO WHERE NONSENSE.
Maybe you misunderstand what the mods are here for and I think you really missed El Guapo's intentions with this post. You said you were given an infraction and moved on. Had you not received that then you may have continued with whatever got you the infraction. I don't know if it was bad attitude, posting links, whatever it was. If the Mods didn't give you an infraction then you may have kept up that behavior because you got away with it. Now you know better, which is what infractions are for. It is a warning. It is sometimes needed just to remind people that there are rules on this board. El Guapo is talking about others that get away with breaking the rules because sometimes no one is there to catch them doing it. They post spam, use foul language, get nasty with other members etc. He is not talking about having people "wrap a warm blanket around people", just keeping the boards appropriate. This is a family site. The boards are not a pleasant place to find out information if people are being rude, giving extremely false info, posting spam, using cuss words, and such. The mods are here to be sure that that stuff doesn't go on. It makes the boards nicer for those asking questions and those trying to help out.

el guapo

Originally Posted by sepulatian
http:///forum/post/2829247
Maybe you misunderstand what the mods are here for and I think you really missed El Guapo's intentions with this post. You said you were given an infraction and moved on. Had you not received that then you may have continued with whatever got you the infraction. I don't know if it was bad attitude, posting links, whatever it was. If the Mods didn't give you an infraction then you may have kept up that behavior because you got away with it. Now you know better, which is what infractions are for. It is a warning. It is sometimes needed just to remind people that there are rules on this board. El Guapo is talking about others that get away with breaking the rules because sometimes no one is there to catch them doing it. They post spam, use foul language, get nasty with other members etc. He is not talking about having people "wrap a warm blanket around people", just keeping the boards appropriate. This is a family site. The boards are not a pleasant place to find out information if people are being rude, giving extremely false info, posting spam, using cuss words, and such. The mods are here to be sure that that stuff doesn't go on. It makes the boards nicer for those asking questions and those trying to help out.
Thanks SEP
The thing is people new to the hobby might not be post and just reading . We all need to remember this when we are discussing things outside of the aquarium . We are all here to share information and opinions on the hobby and we need to remember not everybody has as thick of skin as the next guy . This should be a place where everybody feels free to discus options and opinions with out the brash attitudes of others impeding their search for answers .
I'm not one that asks to be babied . I am a fully capable adult that can take it as well as I can dish it out . I have even gotten an infraction , But there are posters around here that are just here to stir the pot . Weather its giving bad advice or just being rude .
I asked about more mods so that the ones we do have can spend more time helping others rather than chasing down post's and deleting them and issuing infractions . The fact is more mods only makes the work load lighter for the mods , Not enact a lock down on the forums .
This is a family forum and if people can not conduct them selves in a way that is family friendly than they should be issued infractions and banned . If you know its not your style of forum then why stick around ? I have been to plenty of forums where its an anything goes mentality and honestly its not that great of an atmosphere .

socal57che

I'm still trying to figure out why you're not a moderator. Did you turn it down or something?
Originally Posted by sepulatian
http:///forum/post/2829247

m0nk

I dunno if an extra mod or two would help here, but there's this guy... he just won't go away. Did he find a security hole?

jennythebugg

i wanna be a mod , just in the aquarium though, cause i don't think i would be alot of help with the fish, and setups but i could help chase down the bullies and delete them