How can we get a few more moderstors

nwdyr

I would throw my hat in the ring!!!....it may get thrown back at me...but I would throw it just the same

This message was approved by "friends for nwdyr"

renogaw

heh, for a while i sorta wanted to be one, and had some people even putting renogaw for mod as their title. those days are gone though :)

spanko

I think the mods do a good job here. Not like other sites I belong to. I wonder why you think we need more. Seems like the mods would be asking for more if they needed them.

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/2822531
I think the mods do a good job here. Not like other sites I belong to. I wonder why you think we need more. Seems like the mods would be asking for more if they needed them.

what ever happened to self policing? If you don't like something skip it, is that to hard to do? If you read something and don't like it skip it. If it bothers you skip it. If someone throws truth in your face and it hurts your feelings skip it.
Why are so many people wanting others to police the world for you. Do you have a hard time laying your head on the pillow at night. No one can just say “I don’t agree or I don’t like that and be done with it. People need to cry and have others help them. My god, I have never seen more adults act like kids running and screaming foul all the time. Are people that much in love with micro management and cooperate America that you can not live with a P&P manual in front of you to tell you how to handle life.
It’s the real world outside your door, no human services dept to help you.
Some people are just a bunch or Neanderthals that can not think for them selves and need always need a new towel to cry in.
While I guess I have to agree with that yes this board needs to have mods to keep things in line per say but my god do some people need a mod to give them a big hug to feel better about life and to sleep soundly.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by sharkbait9
http:///forum/post/2823233

what ever happened to self policing? If you don't like something skip it, is that to hard to do? If you read something and don't like it skip it. If it bothers you skip it. If someone throws truth in your face and it hurts your feelings skip it.
Why are so many people wanting others to police the world for you. Do you have a hard time laying your head on the pillow at night. No one can just say “I don’t agree or I don’t like that and be done with it. People need to cry and have others help them. My god, I have never seen more adults act like kids running and screaming foul all the time. Are people that much in love with micro management and cooperate America that you can not live with a P&P manual in front of you to tell you how to handle life.
It’s the real world outside your door, no human services dept to help you.
Some people are just a bunch or Neanderthals that can not think for them selves and need always need a new towel to cry in.
While I guess I have to agree with that yes this board needs to have mods to keep things in line per say but my god do some people need a mod to give them a big hug to feel better about life and to sleep soundly.
Typically it is the Neanderthals that we have to Moderate...
Self policing would never work because everyone has their own agenda and their own values. Many of these would run countercurrent to the direction SWF wants their forums to progress.

cowfishrule

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
http:///forum/post/2823611
Typically it is COWFISHRULE that we have to Moderate...
Self policing would never work because everyone has their own agenda and their own values. Many of these would run countercurrent to the direction SWF wants their forums to progress.

i agree.

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
http:///forum/post/2823611
Typically it is the Neanderthals that we have to Moderate...
Aaah, sorry but its just excuses for people to be lax and sit in line and wait for the hand outs. Do this don't do that, read this don't read that, believe this don't believe that.
No one wants to take responsibility for their own action cause simple “ someone told me I could do that”
I don’t back the mods up that much but with everyone throwing that “responsibility of policing” on your shoulders instead of just “ taking it like a man/or woman” oh no we need more mods. Cause somebody got their toes stepped on or read something they don’t agree with or it hurt their feelings. Why not maybe bring a situation up to the mod like me (my infraction point) and saying ok it was a grey area it went against SWF P&P so I got the point, I can live with it, I don’t like it but I have to live with it. That’s called taking responsibility for my actions. Not asking a mod to wrap me up in a warm blanket and make big bad man go away.
Its only going to get worse when obama steps foot in the white house soon.
NO. THE LAST STATEMENT WAS NOT MENT TO BE A POLICIAL INVITE TO ARGUE. YOU HAVE PLENTY OF OTHER THREADS TO ARGUE THAT GO NO WHERE NONSENSE.

jaymz

Since I have been a member I have seen very little progress on these boards. All the same info rehashed about 700 different ways. I have been spending time on other boards that seem are a million times more progressive. The only real progress I have seen I SWF getting fed up with members selling stuff to each other so they set up a way to take a cut.
If the actual consumer is thier main direct source of income and not LFS's. then they have more to worry about then some message boards and 5% cuts of $30.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Actually a couple more mods wouldn't hurt. It would actually help. The site is a lot bigger now then it was a year ago.
I don't see us moderators necessarily as taking the "policing" the site as our primary function at SWF. I don't at least. Yes, I keep an eye on things, but I didn't come to SWF to be a disciplinarian. If someone is acting up, I have no problem dealing with it because that kind of thing detracts from our members experience here and the reason that we are all here--which is to talk about fish tanks and the hobby.

yearofthenick

I nominate myself for a Moderator. 291 posts? pffff... Obama doesn't have a lot of experience and he made presidency... anything is possible!

bang guy

Originally Posted by YearOfTheNick
http:///forum/post/2826388
I nominate myself for a Moderator. 291 posts? pffff... Obama doesn't have a lot of experience and he made presidency... anything is possible!
I post "Yep" 6 times in a row and then was given the MOD position. Anything can happen

m0nk

I agree there is a need for more moderators, mostly to sign off on correct/incorrect information. There are a lot of very experienced people here on the boards, but there are a lot of self-titled "experts" that know very little but post quite a bit for their own agenda... it really does spread a fair bit of mis-information. We have a ton of new people coming in and looking for help, and I've personally seen a lot of posts in the New Hobbyists section lately being answered by other new hobbyists. I'm not saying that new users here can't be experienced hobbyists themselves, but it seems like a lot of them aren't. JMO.
(sepulatian and Tizzo 4 mod!)